• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If a jacket is 2 inches longer the sleeves should be proportionally longer as well, so I don’t think that will work
Not true. Usually the sleeves are fairly standard for a given jacket size. For example a 36R jacket sleeve length is around 24.5 in long, give or take 0.5 in either way. There is much more variation in jacket body length.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yoox has announced on Monday that an AI generated label will be launched in a couple of weeks, which I guess will replace the "8" brand. You can read about it here.

only started buying 8 in the last season. oh wells. the more awful edwa is still around. god knows why they killed 8

dondavi

Reaction score
only started buying 8 in the last season. oh wells. the more awful edwa is still around. god knows why they killed 8

hmm, i was looking at a few edwa pieces, and my gut told me it wasn't going to be quality. I guess it makes sense them shoving inventory down our throats.

does anyone have recommendations for quality turtlenecks? something warm for layers, something soft, but not something that you'll fry (so no unnatural fibers i guess?) How does that work, are there any unnatural fibers that are worthwhile when purchased from good clothing companies?

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats hilarious, i was looking at a few edwa pieces, and my gut told me it wasn't going to be quality. I guess it makes sense them shoving inventory down our throats.

does anyone have recommendations for quality turtlenecks? something warm for layers, something soft, but not something that you'll fry (so no unnatural fibers i guess?) How does that work, are there any unnatural fibers that are worthwhile when purchased from good clothing companies?

to answer your previous question, i suggest you place an email with yoox customer service. if they allow it, you can return 2 separate items from different orders in the same box, if not its always better to return them with their separate return labels.

secondly, EDWA feels a little more streetwear with its big logos and colours. 8 used to be traditional fashion ie. slim sleek dark colors. ( oxymoronic contradictory statement). I suspect EDWA will also be revamped depending on the results of the new yoox project. I can't believe this AI stuff though. I really hope it isn't some everlane or tech-inspired-start-up basics nonsense. there are enough people producing those already.

thirdly, quality turtlenecks or sweatshirts? it depends. if you can afford to wait, usually yoox will have some massive friends and family sale and you can get good cashmere or wool or blends of both or including silk on heavy discount. if you need something for the upcoming change in weather, then i think get something to tide u over from uniqlo or some other throwaway high street brand. I honestly don't see much turtlenecks more round collar or slight V sweatshirts and jumpers

dondavi

Reaction score
to answer your previous question, i suggest you place an email with yoox customer service. if they allow it, you can return 2 separate items from different orders in the same box, if not its always better to return them with their separate return labels.

secondly, EDWA feels a little more streetwear with its big logos and colours. 8 used to be traditional fashion ie. slim sleek dark colors. ( oxymoronic contradictory statement). I suspect EDWA will also be revamped depending on the results of the new yoox project. I can't believe this AI stuff though. I really hope it isn't some everlane or tech-inspired-start-up basics nonsense. there are enough people producing those already.

thirdly, quality turtlenecks or sweatshirts? it depends. if you can afford to wait, usually yoox will have some massive friends and family sale and you can get good cashmere or wool or blends of both or including silk on heavy discount. if you need something for the upcoming change in weather, then i think get something to tide u over from uniqlo or some other throwaway high street brand. I honestly don't see much turtlenecks more round collar or slight V sweatshirts and jumpers

THank you for the reply, it's good i can potentially work with yoox on returns. can you answer my question about synthetic blends that might actually work pretty well? like 25% acrylic, is that a problem w wool?

what kind of discount is friends and family % wise? (or other massive ones?) i looked and they will(should) come in about a month, just curious the range of discounts.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
THank you for the reply, it's good i can potentially work with yoox on returns. can you answer my question about synthetic blends that might actually work pretty well? like 25% acrylic, is that a problem w wool?

what kind of discount is friends and family % wise? (or other massive ones?) i looked and they will(should) come in about a month, just curious the range of discounts.

F&F sale can be up to 90%. I'm not based in the USA but there are different products that go on sale for the USA compared to EU/ROW. I will say that the last pieces or the leftover pieces in odd sizes are usually 90% and may not even appear in the website if you didn't save them in your wishlist. Most of the products with decent sale discounts and wearability are usually in the 70% range. 80% if you are either slightly on the extremes of sizing like XXXL or XS. You have to decide if you are comfortable with buying these items at this discount as usually the F&F sale offers no returns.

as for synthetic blends, this is frankly a misnomer. There are awful wools and there are good synthetics. It all appears in perspective. Some folks love scratchy wools, some folks don't and need merino or anything thats soft and fine. if you want to play safe, i'll suggest you stick to brands that you know. of course yoox is a minefield ( a good sort of minefield ) for obscure italian and european brands. they aren't necessarily worse in quality than the ones that are more marketed, some are even the house brands of the same factories that make those branded clothes that sell for way more. I will think that synthetics affords some advantages over natural fiber that you can google and make an educated decision about depending on your needs. Some of the more prominent obscure brands have forum pages asking about their provenance and quality. I suggest you google about them if any catches your eye.

dondavi

Reaction score
>I'm not based in the USA

I can tell, very nice reply. Thank you gfmozart. I'll be looking forward to getting more quality wardrobe through yoox in the future. I am now positive I won't be using much else.

518aata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've returned items from two orders in the same box many times with no problem. I always use the label Yoox provides from one of the orders. (It doesn't matter which of the two return labels you used.) The only issue I've had is that sometimes I've been charged two return fees. When this happens, I call customer service and they refund one of the two charges.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as for synthetic blends, this is frankly a misnomer. There are awful wools and there are good synthetics. It all appears in perspective. Some folks love scratchy wools, some folks don't and need merino or anything thats soft and fine. if you want to play safe, i'll suggest you stick to brands that you know. of course yoox is a minefield ( a good sort of minefield ) for obscure italian and european brands. they aren't necessarily worse in quality than the ones that are more marketed, some are even the house brands of the same factories that make those branded clothes that sell for way more. I will think that synthetics affords some advantages over natural fiber that you can google and make an educated decision about depending on your needs. Some of the more prominent obscure brands have forum pages asking about their provenance and quality. I suggest you google about them if any catches your eye.

Has anyone ever done a comparo of what items are being made in those factories? Like:
Canali = Yoox "It" brand (making up the It brand)

I can tell the different makers tag, for example, an Isaia tag vs Canali from the inside label. However, Yoox never shows the makers tag.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever done a comparo of what items are being made in those factories? Like:
Canali = Yoox "It" brand (making up the It brand)

I can tell the different makers tag, for example, an Isaia tag vs Canali from the inside label. However, Yoox never shows the makers tag.

Are you referring specifically to the yoox labels like 8 or edwa? I haven’t.

I believe yoox makes it’s products with smaller ateliers similar to eleventy. They don’t produce in those amounts that bigger outfits will allow them to produce as such prices imho

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you referring specifically to the yoox labels like 8 or edwa? I haven’t.
I meant that if you buy an 8 brand suit, you were actually buying something that is made at the Canali (?)factory. And, whether anyone had done a comparison list along those lines.

For example, here in the U.S., a lot of the Made in Italy suits for Brooks Brothers are made my Lardini (I know from the tag). I think that early Micheal Bastian suits/blazers were made by Cucinelli, etc.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I meant that if you buy an 8 brand suit, you were actually buying something that is made at the Canali (?)factory. And, whether anyone had done a comparison list along those lines.

For example, here in the U.S., a lot of the Made in Italy suits for Brooks Brothers are made my Lardini (I know from the tag). I think that early Micheal Bastian suits/blazers were made by Cucinelli, etc.

I edited my previous comment for clarity but I don’t think so. Looking at yoox from a business perspective, their own label business is or was a very small fraction of their business. They never did much to promote the label. I didn’t even know it was their label until relatively recently. I doubt they produce that many suits to warrant an minimum order from a factory like canali. Most probably some smaller atelier. Their business model reminds me of the brand eleventy though much less luxurious.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads