• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New porsche laptop

ulf

Reaction score
Most beautiful ever? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

It looks very angular, busy and somewhat cluttered compared to the G4 PowerBook.

Apple has always been better when it comes to design, both computers and operating systems. Even way back when Macintoshes were "beige" boxes like all the rest, they still looked better. The OS has always been friendlier and better-looking as well. Now that it's UNIX underneath the pretty surface, well... =)

I'm a PowerBook guy myself, I'm on my fourth now (privately). At work I snatch up the PowerBooks as fast as I can, I have three Titaniums now. The 17" iMac is also simply gorgeous, I keep (and use) the one on my desk every day.

pstoller

Reaction score
Porsche designing laptops? Reminds me of the old "urban legend" (meaning, this popularly-reported exchange never actually took place): In response to a statement by Bill Gates that, "If GM had kept up with the technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon," GM issued the following statement: If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics: 1.\tFor no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day. 2.\tEvery time they repainted the lines on the road you would have to buy a new car. 3.\tOccasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason, and you would just accept this, restart and drive on. 4.\tOccasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause you car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine. 5.\tOnly one person at a time could use the car unless you bought "Car95" or "CarNT." But then you would have to buy more seats. 6.\tApple would make a car powered by the sun, reliable, five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but that only ran on five percent of the roads. 7.\tThe oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would all be replaced with a single "general car default" warning light. 8.\tThe airbag system would say "Are You Sure?" before going off. 9.\tOccasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna. 10.\tGM would require all buyer to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need them or want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50% or more. Moreover, GM would become a target of investigation by the Justice Department. 11.\tEvery time GM released a new model car, buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car. 12.\tYou'd press the "Start" button to shut off the engine. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the Porsche laptop spent as much time in the shop as on the road.
wink.gif

Abe2

Reaction score
I'm an avid Apple person myself and my pbg4 has a special place in my heart (I'll never forget that time in starbucks when it helped me score a date with one of the cute coffee-shop chicks - long story, may tell another time) - and I haven't seen the Porsche except in that little picture - so can't judge yet. But to me, it looked very beautiful nonetheless.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics