• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never been sure if broken twills would fade or not, but saw a pair on sufu.
5759797060_7111dfc31e_b.jpg

Chip_H_Style

Reaction score
Originally Posted by weatherbear
just got my black chambray shirt in the mail today. One of the buttons literally broke in half when I buttoned it! Other than that, the fabric is really thick but I'm liking the fit

Mine did the same thing on the Pinstripe Denim. I email N&F to see if I could get a replacement button. I didn't see one on the shirt?

brozeus

Reaction score
To any of you who own the Reverse Fades - do they stretch out as much as other N&F denims?

I have the grey WG in 31, and they are actually a little loose for me now. I went with 32 on the skinny guy Reverse Fade, just got em, and can't quite button top button. Do I need to size up?

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
Damn, these look great. I wonder how long it took him to get it to that point.

6.5 months with daily wear. Dunno how tight he wore them, though, and the knees are more faded than I'd expect if an office job.

reezy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brozeus
To any of you who own the Reverse Fades - do they stretch out as much as other N&F denims? I have the grey WG in 31, and they are actually a little loose for me now. I went with 32 on the skinny guy Reverse Fade, just got em, and can't quite button top button. Do I need to size up?
Did you size down 2 in your WG? I would have gone TTS on my RFs but I sized down one (went 29 instead of my actual 30 size). I could button the top button but it took forever. In the end I dipped the top in cold water and yanked and pulled at the waist. It fit much better after. It has stretched out an inch and maybe more ever since I started wearing it. Technically if you like how the legs fit and you can button the top button, then its your size. It's a matter of preference though.

weatherbear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chip_H_Style
Mine did the same thing on the Pinstripe Denim. I email N&F to see if I could get a replacement button. I didn't see one on the shirt?

I didn't see one on the shirt either. It's been a week since I've e-mailed them and they still haven't responded to me

Chip_H_Style

Reaction score
Originally Posted by weatherbear
I didn't see one on the shirt either. It's been a week since I've e-mailed them and they still haven't responded to me

Doh, time to hit up britex for some real horn buttons!

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
I've never been sure if broken twills would fade or not, but saw a pair on sufu.

5759797060_7111dfc31e_b.jpg

**** i wish my knees were faded like that, but im sure if i continue wearing them it will happen

brozeus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by reezy
Did you size down 2 in your WG? I would have gone TTS on my RFs but I sized down one (went 29 instead of my actual 30 size). I could button the top button but it took forever. In the end I dipped the top in cold water and yanked and pulled at the waist. It fit much better after. It has stretched out an inch and maybe more ever since I started wearing it. Technically if you like how the legs fit and you can button the top button, then its your size. It's a matter of preference though.

Nah, only sz down 1 on my WG (I was going for a bit of a looser fit). So I went TTS on the RFs. I was able to button the top button after about 10-15 min of wear. I do like the fit in the legs. I will probably just see how much they stretch naturally, and if that takes too long, I'll have to cold soak the top block like you did.

They actually aren't as stiff as I was expecting. Wasn't sure what to expect with the resin coating, but I am pleasantly surprised. Would recommend to anybody on the fence, and I can't wait for some fades to start coming in...

reezy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brozeus
Nah, only sz down 1 on my WG (I was going for a bit of a looser fit). So I went TTS on the RFs. I was able to button the top button after about 10-15 min of wear. I do like the fit in the legs. I will probably just see how much they stretch naturally, and if that takes too long, I'll have to cold soak the top block like you did.

They actually aren't as stiff as I was expecting. Wasn't sure what to expect with the resin coating, but I am pleasantly surprised. Would recommend to anybody on the fence, and I can't wait for some fades to start coming in...

Glad you like em. Some of the resin on my honey combs are coming off and the pocket where I put my cell phone as well.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Orlics

Reaction score
Two questions:

1. anywhere to fit/get these in Chicago?
2. Which of the fits correspond to the APC Petit standards? Or are they really incomparable to APC? I have larger thighs so the Skinny Guys would probably look weird on me, but I still prefer the Petit standards to the New standards.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads