Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

Deep Indigo is def a good start, Fades are incredible.

I'm intrigued by the new Japanese Heritage denim. Interested on how they will look in person. Wondering about which cut to get as well.

Ordered some Nep Selvedge from KL...still waiting since they sent me the wrong pair initially..will post fit pics once I get em.

and good look on the Slim shirt measurements..

2. p.g

p.g New Member

I purchased the Frankensteins in the weird guy fit about a year ago, and have only worn them about a dozen times. I find them too stiff. I pulled them out for this summer and have decided I am going to wear them as much as possible to see if I can get them to soften up, and hopefully fade to fit.

Anybody have pics or experiences to share? Would love to hear that they will fade favourably if I wear them enough this summer.

3. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

If the stiffness comes from overstarching, you can wash that shit out.

The overstarch on Deep Indio's I find particularly egregious as the sanforized denim still contains some SOLID shrink.

4. djc

djc Affiliate vendor

They generally also tend to stretch a fair bit as well

5. p.g

p.g New Member

Simple soak in a bathtub with gentle detergent for an hour, rinse and hang dry? Or should I just throw them in the machine on cold cold [​IMG]

6. djc

djc Affiliate vendor

If you've only worn them a dozen times the soak will suffice

7. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

I wonder why N&F doesn't do a pair of jeans with the whole raised selvedge thing on the inside only. I loved how comfortable my flannel denim were but the exterior wasn't that attractive, and I'm not sure if it fades at all. If my Frankensteins had the whole scraped softness thing on the inside, it'd definitely be the greatest pair of jeans in the world.

8. effang

effang Senior member

ok, got my slim guy in natural indigo.

i'm a 30-31 in sevens and diesels. So i got a size 29 in my slim guys. I can't even button them up! I can button the first, second, and very top button, but can NOT get the 3rd button to close. These are incredibly tight.

Should I return them and get a size 30? Or should i just jump in the shower and see how much they can stretch out? Just asking because if they are going to stretch out, then i'll do that, otherwise...don't want to waste them =).

Thanks!

9. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Return.

10. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Was looking to try on some NF Linen blend in NYC but Barneys only has small sizes left [​IMG] and BIG no longer carries NF. [​IMG]

11. reezy

reezy Senior member

Q for you guys:

Do you prefer the weird guy or skinny guy and why?(i.e. WG better fit for boots; SG more spot on fit for skinny dudes)

12. linkinwayne

Q for you guys:

Do you prefer the weird guy or skinny guy and why?(i.e. WG better fit for boots; SG more spot on fit for skinny dudes)

Skinny Guy, but only because I can't get WGs in 27 (to size down by 2). The SG isn't a bad fit but I prefer the tapering of the WGs.

13. Donut

Donut Senior member

Skinny Guy, but only because I can't get WGs in 27 (to size down by 2). The SG isn't a bad fit but I prefer the tapering of the WGs.
    I have the same problem. Anyone without a 30 inch waist can't fit into weird guy well. Sucks because tbh I don't like the skinny guy cut.

14. linkinwayne

^ I think there's a SF meetup at Niche this Friday btw. Not sure how many people going, seems like it's mostly SW&D peeps too

15. Donut

Donut Senior member

^ I think there's a SF meetup at Niche this Friday btw. Not sure how many people going, seems like it's mostly SW&D peeps too
    Can't go [​IMG] I'm out of town for a week. I heard a new store opened in kingsway that sells N&F and Nudies. When I get back I'm gonna check it out.