1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

I dont know I really dont like the cut of the slim guys because of the leg opening. I would go with the weird guys if you're not into skinny.

yeah the leg could have been slimmer.

2. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I've had a pair of slim guys in 21oz denim for a little over a year now. They have almost 365 wears and 3 or 4 washes.

[​IMG]

I don't love the iPod and cell phone fades on the front pockets so on my next pair I'll try to keep those pockets empty. I'm going to try out deep indigo skinnys, hopefully the lower weight wont be too disconcerting.

Some repairs:

[​IMG]

The picture on the left is a selvage patch extracted from the cuffs left over from when I had the jeans hemmed.

Looks good man. Fitted but not skin tight on the thighs.

3. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

pope, those look great. well done.

4. max-t

max-t Senior member

I can assure you that skinny guys are not similar to 511, they are more similar to 510s. weird guys are similar to 511s. slim guys to 514s
    damn [​IMG] was hoping to get a pair at 40% off from barneys this week but only the slim and skinny guys are going on sale. I thought the weird guys looked bigger than the slims :/ p.s. popes jeans look awesome, that fit looks perfect but i don't want them swallowing my shoes

5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

damn [​IMG]

was hoping to get a pair at 40% off from barneys this week but only the slim and skinny guys are going on sale. I thought the weird guys looked bigger than the slims :/

p.s. popes jeans look awesome, that fit looks perfect but i don't want them swallowing my shoes

Barneys sale is online or in store?

6. max-t

max-t Senior member

in store i think

7. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

anybody have the elephant selvedge fade pics?

8. asdf

asdf Senior member

Is there a comprehensive measurement chart for the slim guys anywhere? I know I've seen one but can't find it anymore.

9. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

anybody have the elephant selvedge fade pics?

didn't they only come out in the summer? i'm guessing you'll have to wait until next summer at least to see some decent ones

10. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Thanks max. Wondering it looked like Barneys marked up their prices a lot maybe for the sale. $170 for the slim guy deep indigo.

11. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

didn't they only come out in the summer? i'm guessing you'll have to wait until next summer at least to see some decent ones

i was asking for my friend because hes a lazy bastard.

are there at least progress pics?

something comes out of 4-5 months of wear no?

12. max-t

max-t Senior member

Thanks max. Wondering it looked like Barneys marked up their prices a lot maybe for the sale. $170 for the slim guy deep indigo.

ya man i think that's the pair i'll be goin for...

hope they don't swallow my shoes like some ppl in this thread are saying cuz i definitely am not tryin to go for the 510 look skinny guys apparently have.

13. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

In my opinion the Skinny Guys are definitely not like 510s. They are similar to 511s.

Also I dont think Barneys raised their prices on the account of $170 for deep indigo. Thats how much Revolve has the deep indigo for as well and I bought them but got 30% so they came out to $119.

14. max-t

max-t Senior member

im so confused [​IMG]

15. meso

meso Senior member

I can assure you that skinny guys are not similar to 511, they are more similar to 510s.
    I don't think so... 511s are about as tight as my skinny guys.

16. max-t

max-t Senior member

ok so by that logic slim guys are tighter than skinny? wtf is going on

17. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

I say try on your TTS fit in skinny guy and -2 TTS in slim guy and weird guy. Then you'll be the one who will know for sure what is best. However, if you don't want your jeans swallowing your shoes then you definitely should not go slim guy.

18. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

i was asking for my friend because hes a lazy bastard.

are there at least progress pics?

something comes out of 4-5 months of wear no?

they've only been out for 2 months actually, they're pretty tough and dark, i think it will take a while

working an office job and wearing them everyday it will take me a long time before anything is remotely visible

19. Pope Hilarius

Pope Hilarius Member

In my opinion the Skinny Guys are definitely not like 510s. They are similar to 511s.

Also I dont think Barneys raised their prices on the account of $170 for deep indigo. Thats how much Revolve has the deep indigo for as well and I bought them but got 30% so they came out to $119.

Have yours come yet? If so can you post pics? I ordered a size 32 as well.

20. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Have yours come yet? If so can you post pics? I ordered a size 32 as well.

No they havent come yet. I doubt they even arrived at Revolve yet as I have yet to get an email stating so. I did try them on at a local store though so I know how they fit.