• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ego Death
You're going to be miserable in those.

i think your suppose to go true to size (tts) for skinny guys right?

Dolorosa

Reaction score
So, anyone else hear about the limited edition Weird Guy that have been made exclusively for the South Coast Plaza Barney's Co-Op? Apparently there were only 13 pairs made of this super bright blue deadstock denim with the pocket linings created from old Japanese robes. Or something. I went in the other night and one of the dudes that works there was stoked to show them off to me. They're not even out on the floor. Very, very cool, though a little steep by N&F standards at a cool $300.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dolorosa
So, anyone else hear about the limited edition Weird Guy that have been made exclusively for the South Coast Plaza Barney's Co-Op? Apparently there were only 13 pairs made of this super bright blue deadstock denim with the pocket linings created from old Japanese robes. Or something. I went in the other night and one of the dudes that works there was stoked to show them off to me. They're not even out on the floor. Very, very cool, though a little steep by N&F standards at a cool $300.

These sound cool, do you remember if they use the same hardware as regular N&F jeans or if it is a little higher end for the rivets and buttons?

Dolorosa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
These sound cool, do you remember if they use the same hardware as regular N&F jeans or if it is a little higher end for the rivets and buttons?
To be completely honest, I didn't pay enough attention. I was distracted by the pocket lining. I would hope the hardware would be nicer considering the 2x price, but I'm not sure. I'll probably go back at some point this week so I might ask then. I guess they were made for some Fashion Week or something going on at South Coast.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be completely honest, I didn't pay enough attention. I was distracted by the pocket lining. I would hope the hardware would be nicer considering the 2x price, but I'm not sure. I'll probably go back at some point this week so I might ask then. I guess they were made for some Fashion Week or something going on at South Coast.

Cool, let me know. I think N&F's normal hardware is fine for the $100-$150 that you usually find them for, but in the $300 price range, yeah, it is noticeably subpar.

Johnny5

Reaction score

A picture speaks a thousand words... If you could take some pictures that will be rad

Ego Death

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
i think your suppose to go true to size (tts) for skinny guys right?

From my expreience, yeah, go TTS. They don't stretch a lot. (worn for 3 months)

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eugen eugen
my elephant skinny in sz 30 should be there in about 2 days im exicted.. also because i sized down 1.5
wink.gif
but i have a waist stretcher..

If your measurements are correct, you won't be able to get this cut buttoned up without using that waist stretcher.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Total noob here. How do the various Naked and Famous fits compare with the APC NS? My guess is the NS are in between the weird guy and slim guy? I like the fit of the APC NS through the thigh and legs but I hate the diaper ass they have.

eugen eugen

Reaction score
yeah i dont want to go tts they arent skinny enough for that i once had skinnys in 31 and the thights stretched to much for my liking. i may will have trouble with the top party but im sure its possible. one guy on sufu went donw 2 and had the best skinny guy fit i have ever seen

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI -- I have a pair of NWOT Grey Weird Guy Selvedge in tagged size 34 but the inseam has been taken in to 31". If anyone is interested, PM me.

maltess

Reaction score
Hello to everybody?

How does this brand compares in terms of quality and detail to APC or 3sixteen? I like the slim guy cut but not sure if is worthit

kind regards

blasty

Reaction score
Where can I buy the Elephant Selvedge skinny guy's online? I can't find them anywhere, other than Amazon but they don't have my size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads