Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. krspdla

krspdla Senior member

Yeah same, mine aren't N&F, but after 10 months they're still stacking at the knee. It doesn't seem like it'll go away.

2. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

I think the knee bulge is from stretching in that area. I don't think it's more of an issue with heavier denims, but I do think it's more of an issue with slimmer fits regardless of denim weight.

Yeah, after 10 months, it's probably not going to go away. I find that knee stacking is more of an issue with lighter weight denims, the heavier denims tend to weigh down more and stack at the ankles better.

3. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

I don't even mind the knee bulge that much anyway. What's a little more frustrating to me is the lack of fading after 4-5 months of effective wear.

My solution to this for the last month or so has been trail running in them. Seems like the guys who have faded theirs have really abused them. And after taking mine on a few 2 mile romps in the woods, I can definitely say this is true. The fades are finally starting to come in a bit.

4. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

That will help. I would say that cycling in your jeans is a great way to bring out fades as well.

5. oilpit

oilpit Senior member

It seems to me that N&Fs are just a bit tougher to fade than the other "go to" raw denim brands.

When I see pics of N&Fs that have really been beat to shit and faded, they always look INCREDIBLE. However a lot of the pictures I see show very little fading, some whiskers and honeycombs but not much else.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

people on this site care wayyyy too much about "fadez." n&f makes good denim for a good price. if you want light denim buy a pre washed pair or bleach your n&f. otherwise just wear your jeans and stop caring about fadezzzzzzzzzz

8. oilpit

oilpit Senior member

I may get flamed for this...but if not a quest for "fadezzzz", then why the hell would ANYBODY wear raw denim.
    You can get a washed, comfy pair of jeans for a fraction of the cost of anything raw, but the fake-o fades will look f*cking lame.
    Or you can drop a couple hundred bucks to wear around a pair of blue cardboard for a year or two, turning everything you sit on a deep indigo color and letting the only pair of pants you wear get absolutely filthy in the process. Why?

Fadez man....

9. kushburner

kushburner Senior member

Im close to buying my first pair of Weird guys but want to know more about the fit.

Does it fit like Levis 511s? From what I have seen in pictures and measurements, it is a little baggier from the knee up but slimmer from the knee down, compared to 511s.

Im not sure if I would like the fit

10. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Uh, pre-distressed jeans from Nudie lab seris/ Dsquared/ PRPS/ bunch of Japanese denim are X2 the price of NF fyi.

And I would prefer wearing those and not suffer neurosis than get obsessed with wearing filthy jeans.

11. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

that's pretty accurate.

12. highway

highway Senior member

i dont know what a 511 is like, but the WG have a full thigh, and larger waist (2") over the tag, as well as being generally shorter and tapered compared to a normal skinny pant.

also, the rise is very low before wash.

13. kushburner

kushburner Senior member

I wear 31 in Levis and 30 in Uniqlo. Should I go for a 30 or 29 in WG?

14. abcdenim

abcdenim Senior member

Double check your real waist, it's always best to measure from that. But i'd say go with the 30 it sounds like in the WG. Usually people size down 1 from their true waist, so do what you feel is best but id defs recommend getting a real measurements first and then comparing some sizing charts

15. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member