• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

krspdla

Reaction score
Yeah same, mine aren't N&F, but after 10 months they're still stacking at the knee. It doesn't seem like it'll go away.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My weird guys are like 5 months in and the knee bulge is still very much there. I'm not sure it's ever gonna go away. Seems like this is more of an issue for heavy weight denims.

I think the knee bulge is from stretching in that area. I don't think it's more of an issue with heavier denims, but I do think it's more of an issue with slimmer fits regardless of denim weight.

Yeah same, mine aren't N&F, but after 10 months they're still stacking at the knee. It doesn't seem like it'll go away.

Yeah, after 10 months, it's probably not going to go away. I find that knee stacking is more of an issue with lighter weight denims, the heavier denims tend to weigh down more and stack at the ankles better.

ac_slater

Reaction score
I don't even mind the knee bulge that much anyway. What's a little more frustrating to me is the lack of fading after 4-5 months of effective wear.

My solution to this for the last month or so has been trail running in them. Seems like the guys who have faded theirs have really abused them. And after taking mine on a few 2 mile romps in the woods, I can definitely say this is true. The fades are finally starting to come in a bit.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't even mind the knee bulge that much anyway. What's a little more frustrating to me is the lack of fading after 4-5 months of effective wear.
My solution to this for the last month or so has been trail running in them. Seems like the guys who have faded theirs have really abused them. And after taking mine on a few 2 mile romps in the woods, I can definitely say this is true. The fades are finally starting to come in a bit.

That will help. I would say that cycling in your jeans is a great way to bring out fades as well.

oilpit

Reaction score
It seems to me that N&Fs are just a bit tougher to fade than the other "go to" raw denim brands.

When I see pics of N&Fs that have really been beat to **** and faded, they always look INCREDIBLE. However a lot of the pictures I see show very little fading, some whiskers and honeycombs but not much else.

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It seems to me that N&Fs are just a bit tougher to fade than the other "go to" raw denim brands.

When I see pics of N&Fs that have really been beat to **** and faded, they always look INCREDIBLE.  However a lot of the pictures I see show very little fading, some whiskers and honeycombs but not much else.

people on this site care wayyyy too much about "fadez." n&f makes good denim for a good price. if you want light denim buy a pre washed pair or bleach your n&f. otherwise just wear your jeans and stop caring about fadezzzzzzzzzz

oilpit

Reaction score
people on this site care wayyyy too much about "fadez." n&f makes good denim for a good price. if you want light denim buy a pre washed pair or bleach your n&f. otherwise just wear your jeans and stop caring about fadezzzzzzzzzz

I may get flamed for this...but if not a quest for "fadezzzz", then why the hell would ANYBODY wear raw denim.
You can get a washed, comfy pair of jeans for a fraction of the cost of anything raw, but the fake-o fades will look f*cking lame.
Or you can drop a couple hundred bucks to wear around a pair of blue cardboard for a year or two, turning everything you sit on a deep indigo color and letting the only pair of pants you wear get absolutely filthy in the process. Why?

Fadez man....

Last edited:

kushburner

Reaction score
Im close to buying my first pair of Weird guys but want to know more about the fit.

Does it fit like Levis 511s? From what I have seen in pictures and measurements, it is a little baggier from the knee up but slimmer from the knee down, compared to 511s.

Im not sure if I would like the fit

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can get a washed, comfy pair of jeans for a fraction of the cost of anything raw, but the fake-o fades will look f*cking lame.

Uh, pre-distressed jeans from Nudie lab seris/ Dsquared/ PRPS/ bunch of Japanese denim are X2 the price of NF fyi.

And I would prefer wearing those and not suffer neurosis than get obsessed with wearing filthy jeans.

Last edited:

bik2101

Reaction score
Im close to buying my first pair of Weird guys but want to know more about the fit.

Does it fit like Levis 511s? From what I have seen in pictures and measurements, it is a little baggier from the knee up but slimmer from the knee down, compared to 511s.

that's pretty accurate.

highway

Reaction score

i dont know what a 511 is like, but the WG have a full thigh, and larger waist (2") over the tag, as well as being generally shorter and tapered compared to a normal skinny pant.

also, the rise is very low before wash.

abcdenim

Reaction score

I wear 31 in Levis and 30 in Uniqlo. Should I go for a 30 or 29 in WG?

Double check your real waist, it's always best to measure from that. But i'd say go with the 30 it sounds like in the WG. Usually people size down 1 from their true waist, so do what you feel is best but id defs recommend getting a real measurements first and then comparing some sizing charts

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads