1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Matthew Levan

Matthew Levan Member

What he said. The WG Solid Black caught my eye.. anyone here have a pair that they can shed some light on?

2. highway

highway Senior member

Quote:
    both are sulphur-dyed to get the black color, but the "sulphuer-dyed" ones are pure black, as opposed to the "solid black" or "regular black" ones that have some white flakes in them. The sulphur-dyed ones are super stiff. My local store has them, and I tried them on once. I have a pair of unbranded black skinnies, which use the same material as the "regular blacks", just in a skinnyguy cut, and are made in china or whatever. They STANK. Literally, they REEK of sulphur. It's disgusting, and fills the room. I hot soaked them 2 or 3 times to try to get rid of it, and it still isn't completely gone, but a lot of it is.

I personally love black jeans, but can't recommend either of them at full retail price. If you got a killer deal on a pair or something, sure I guess it might be worth a shot . . .

Here are pics of mine: http://imgur.com/a/bDLt6

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  3. Nil

Nil Senior member

I've had the solid black WGs for 6+ months now. I washed them once on cold with detergent right off the bat and it got rid of most of the smell. Unless I put my nose right up to them, I don't detect the sulfur anymore. Beyond that, they're solid black jeans, not much more to say about them. If you like the fit, I'd highly recommend them.

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I've enjoyed my pair of solids quite a bit. Smell of sulphur isn't nearly as pronounced as you'd think after a wear or so. I don't think I have any fit pics though...

5. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

You could always bake them as well and then give them a soak. To weaken the sulphur bond to the fibers

6. flamingotripod

flamingotripod Senior member

7 months one wash natural indigo

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. RawAsDenim

RawAsDenim Senior member

For those of you talking about the solid blacks:

[​IMG]

The "solid blacks" have the warp and weft threads dyed black where as the regular "black selvedge" has a black warp and white weft (the "white flakes" highway mentioned)

8. Simion505

Simion505 Senior member

I've had my Indigo stretch a month and they fit the same as they did when I bought them - couldn't reccomend them more to other people new to raw denim because you can just buy the size that fits you and you're ready straight away to enjoy wearing them.
    Go to a shop and buy the size you like the fit of best. For reference I take a 34 in most brands and went with a 33. The man at selfridges told me to get a 32 because they would stretch more than normal raw denim and needless to say I had to take them back - they were ridiculous and weren't stretching in the slightest. You can wear these things cycling and they will stretch a little, but put them on again the next day and they will be back to the size they were when you bought them.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  9. willrh1

willrh1 Senior member

To add to the post above, I purchased the skinny guy greencast in a 29 a month or so ago hoping that they would stretch out a little. It was my first pair of N&F ever, and looking back I think I should have gone with a 30. The 29 isn't unbearable but it is alittle tight. It might have stretched some but definitly not a full waist size in my opinion. My next pair will be a 30, so I recomend going TTS in the skinny guy fit.

Edit - If anybody is on the fence about getting the greencast, my god they look amazing in person. I can't stress it enough how great the color looks, but of course this is just my opinion :p.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  10. Chip_H_Style

Chip_H_Style Member

Hi Everyone,
    I was getting out my summer jeans and it looks as though my vintage blues have gone forever :( Brandon and Alex have been very helpful, but said that there are no more retail sources for this particular shade. Makes me very sad as these are one of the best shades for the warmer months. I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone had a pair that they don't wear anymore and would be willing to part with, for a price, of course. I'm a weird guy 30 or 31 and will take them in any state of wear. On the bright side, at least I still have my naturals!
    Best,
    Chip

11. cowboyqueso

cowboyqueso Member

I will say after a year plus of wear my size 34 slub stretch (I'm a true 33/34) have stretched out permanently in the pocket areas/thighs from keeping my wallet and phone in my front pocket. Theyr'e still my favorite pair of jeans ever.

12. TATE and YOKO

TATE and YOKO Senior member

fhxnfxty, 3-4 months in. post-soak

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

Here are my Elephant 2's after 2 months of wear.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Thanks. Based on what your saying it seems if I am a 34" waist I should get a size 33 (which happens to have a 34' waist) and ignore the potential for stretching.

15. flamingotripod

flamingotripod Senior member

Its thicker than american apparel but not as thick as wing + horns tiger fleece

16. boomer311

boomer311 Senior member

I got the fabric samples today so I can decide what jeans I want them to make.

some of the samples are pretty interesting, there is a cool reproduction 1930's 10oz work-wear denim, 10oz natural indigo warp with kakishibu weft that looks cool and would be interesting to see faded (I'll do a fade test on the samples for sure). There is a 10oz tight weave denim, the pomegranate denim, 15oz rigid selvedge denim, and a black selvage that has a black warp and weft...I won't be choosing this. The patches are the same options that everyone has seen and the stiching is a variety of blues, oranges, and a green and black

they did send me a regular guy and the fit is amazing, I love it! They are exactly what I am looking for. Fit pics will come

17. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

hey could you take a pic to see how high the regular guys sit, and your height

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  18. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

sucks that its all so light, even if summer is coming i would still want 15oz minimum. get pics up of everythng asap!

19. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

word on that

20. boomer311

boomer311 Senior member

yeah the majority is 10oz denim but I don't really mind because I live in Florida and Australia so I deal with warm weather...Florida is awful in the summer even at night.