1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Blue owl has measurements. From the looks of it, you probably need a XS.

http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7972001

2. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to speak to their durability, as the Painters have only been out for a short period of time. With that said, I received mine yesterday, and I'm glad I picked them up. Should be perfect for summer scorchers. I wore 'em yesterday afternoon, when it was 18 degrees here, and they felt great, but today is only 4 degrees, so I'm back in my 13.5oz Greencasts.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  3. Bentech

Bentech Active Member

Hey guys,

Quick question in regards to the weird guy left-hand twill.

My measured waist size is ~34.

I bought a pair of LHT weird guys last fall, in a size 32. They fit great for a while, but stretched out much more then I was expecting.

I am looking at picking up another pair of them this week, and am wondering if you guys have any insight on what size I should aim for. I have heard from a few sources that the LHT fabric has slightly different stretching properties then most others, but I can't seem to find a consensus on how far I should size down.

Thanks,

4. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

email jay at blueowl. he'll help you figure that out. but from my own personal experience, i didn't really have much stretching going on with them.

5. highway

highway Senior member

how far are you stretched now? measure the waist and thighs of your current pair, and then try to estimate how much of that is too much extra . . . do you have a pair of jeans that fit perfect? measure those as well for comparison. emailing jay will be a huge help, but it will be a lot better if you have some exact numbers to work with.

6. Bentech

Bentech Active Member

Okay, thanks guys. I'll check those measurements, and get in touch with Blue Owl later tonight.

7. DCinza13

DCinza13 Well-Known Member

I have the Elephant 2 in WG fit, size 28. I don't know if you have had any SG jeans but they fit higher on the waist and have wayyyyy less room in the thighs. I'm normally 28 in WG and the fit perfect, I got great fading without them starting tight. I only have one SG, I bought tts 29, the multi-color weft, and they are too tight in the thighs, have not really stretched out that much so far. Keep in mind it's summer too, I bought them for winter, no way I would wear them now. They are difficult to break in at the start, I couldn't imagine trying a really fitted SG in Elephant 2's, good luck hope this helps.

8. Ecco

Ecco Senior member

I'm going to grab a pair of indigo Slim Guys in the 13 oz range to beat to shit until winter. Any recommendations between the Natural Indigo, Broken Twill, or LHT? Right now it's looking like it's down to the shade of indigo.

9. bob99

bob99 Senior member

I have an unworn pair of the glow in the dark weird guys with the tags still on, in size 31. They're a bit tight for me - anyone out there have a 32? If you'd consider a trade, holla at me!

Thanks,

Bob

10. Fashion Fan

Fashion Fan Senior member

Do naked and famous denim fit TTS, bigger or smaller than the labelled size?

11. Ecco

Ecco Senior member

N&F makes 4 cuts so I'd say measure yourself or your best fitting pair of denim and check against the measurements on Blue Owl and/or Tate+Yoko. Watch out for the thigh measurements as those have tripped me up and many others.

12. flamingotripod

flamingotripod Senior member

Fit is pretty similar to a wing + horns hoodie if you tried those but longer length. Im pretty skinny and a small fits me really good, so I would probly not recommend the XS if your average sized.

I am also a slim shirt small btw

13. Matthew Levan

Matthew Levan Member

Woops double post. :)

14. Matthew Levan

Matthew Levan Member

Nice thread.. full of info! I just received a pair of size 30 Grey Selvedge Weird Guys in the mail. I'm usually a size 32, but I decided to size down by 2 for some reason. They're definitely very tight. I can slip them on, but it's a struggle to button 'em all up. The thighs and the waist are the tighest-- should I wear 'em around the house for a few weeks and see how they stretch or would you guys recommend going up to a size 31??

Thanks in advance.. and, if I do need to go to size 31, I'd be more than happy to trade my pair of size 30 for a 31!

15. DCinza13

DCinza13 Well-Known Member

Ya they don't really stretch, and like a select few weird guy pairs are sized smaller in the waist and rise. So I wouldn't size down to counter stretching. I have never had a problem with NF sizing until I bought the WG Chinos, I am 28 in WG all day, but 28 in the Chino is too small.

16. bceezy

bceezy Member

Contemplating on whether to size down 1 or 2 atm for Weird guys deep indigos.

True waist at pants level - 31inches
    thighs - 20inches
    calves - 14 inches
    around 5'9 140lbs, muscular build..

wanting a slim fit similar to this:
    [​IMG]

Size 30 or 29? Ahhhhh I can't decide.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  17. juhan

juhan Senior member

^definitely 29

18. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

Is this hoodie very thick?

19. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

+1, definitely a 29. my thighs are about 22 and i wear 29s in wG and still have room. honestly you could probably even go down to a 28.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  20. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Any opinions on the "suphur-dyed" or "solid blacks" (same model) weird guys?

Was eyeing the APC overdye'd MiJ blacks...but the NF ones caught my eye too...

...good pair to have as my only black jeans?