• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I had a 31x32 in slim guys (broken twill selvedge) and now I'm looking for a pair of black skinnies. I'm not sure where they would sell in Vancouver (I only know of holt).

I saw 2 pairs, one was a 26 oz denim for $310 (maybe a little out of my price range), and the other was a softer one (I think it was the 12 oz) for $130. I'm not sure if they were both skinny guys.

Any suggestions?

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1up
Hey guys, I had a 31x32 in slim guys (broken twill selvedge) and now I'm looking for a pair of black skinnies. I'm not sure where they would sell in Vancouver (I only know of holt).

I saw 2 pairs, one was a 26 oz denim for $310 (maybe a little out of my price range), and the other was a softer one (I think it was the 12 oz) for $130. I'm not sure if they were both skinny guys.

Any suggestions?

go to dutil and times profile shop in gastown, they've got better selection than holt

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
go to dutil and times profile shop in gastown, they've got better selection than holt

Sweet. Will check it out after work. Any suggestions for other good places for shopping around here?

Psydelik

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1up
Sweet. Will check it out after work. Any suggestions for other good places for shopping around here?
Times doesn't have N&F anymore, they're featuring Alternative Apparel, but check 'em out regardless. Check out Roden Gray in gastown, that store is sick. If you're looking for denim, go to dutil. That's like denim heaven. Haven is so-so, more hypebeasty than anything. Gravity Pope on West 4th is also another fantastic option.

ac_slater

Reaction score
I wish I could find a place that sold N&F in atlanta.

Barneys co-op only has 2 styles and 1 of them is lame anyway.

I have to order all my stuff without trying on.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Psydelik
Times doesn't have N&F anymore, they're featuring Alternative Apparel, but check 'em out regardless. Check out Roden Gray in gastown, that store is sick. If you're looking for denim, go to dutil. That's like denim heaven. Haven is so-so, more hypebeasty than anything. Gravity Pope on West 4th is also another fantastic option.

times is carrying N&F again, the store concept has changed and allows for multiple features at the same time. they had some spring stuff in last friday, saw some pink and canary oxfords as well as some F/W stock, spring denim coming in soon i hope

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im finally starting to get feades on my knees and thighs

cant wait

dopke

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay-D
This comment is pretty accurate. I would recommend sizing down one, but expect to put some work into stetching the top block. If you want a comfortable fit, then your normal size is OK.

This cut is a skinny guy fit, but do to the longer inseams there is a bit of additional fabric in the calf area so it fells more of a slim straight fit (visually not as tapered as other N&F skinny guys).

Originally Posted by wj4
Do they fit the same as normal Skinny Guys? Asking because I may stop by the local Barney's to try them on and order the same size in the Momo collabo. Thanks.

I tried on the Momo's at Barneys. I wear 32s in Skinny Guys and 31 in WGs. The 32 in Momos felt more comfortable (not as tight) as the skinny guys I have. The waist felt about right for a 32, but the thighs had more room than the skinny guys (cashmere) that I have. I sort of feel like I should go for a 31, but when I tried on the 31s, I couldn't button all 4 - just the bottom 2 and the top 1. Not sure what to do either. The 32s looked slightly larger than I'd like for "perfect" but maybe a soak could get the 32 to what I'd like.

ac_slater

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopke
I tried on the Momo's at Barneys. I wear 32s in Skinny Guys and 31 in WGs. The 32 in Momos felt more comfortable (not as tight) as the skinny guys I have. The waist felt about right for a 32, but the thighs had more room than the skinny guys (cashmere) that I have. I sort of feel like I should go for a 31, but when I tried on the 31s, I couldn't button all 4 - just the bottom 2 and the top 1. Not sure what to do either. The 32s looked slightly larger than I'd like for "perfect" but maybe a soak could get the 32 to what I'd like.
Get the 31's and thank me later.

When I got my weird guys I had the exact same button situation. 1 month later I thank god I stuck with them. Sizing up would've looked DUMB.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopke

That's normal. Get size 31. They will stretch to a perfect fit.

kit99bar

Reaction score
I have a pair of 33 greys from BiG, I am fairly confident that those greys fit 1-2 sizes smaller than normal N&F weird guys

Originally Posted by jimmyfingers
My weird guys have seemed to stretch more than new cures in the waist with very little wear. No amount of research or help could have prepared me for the waist stretch. I bought them snug where I had to use a little force to button. It is easily rectified though by buying a lower size.

Lachs

Reaction score
sizing question:

I'm looking at a pair of skinny guys (either the 15oz or the momotaro), but not sure which size I would be (28 or 29)

currently, I'm size 27 in APC NS, measured waist of 30-30.5"

thanks

edit: or sizing down on weird guys?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads