• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

riverflow

Reaction score
I went ahead and bought a BMG Discovery jacket. It was absolutely worth it. I'm also in the process of doing a bunch of things to my bike (lights, exhaust, auxiliary fuel tank). Just in time for my favorite riding season :)

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of tight gloves, I'm getting thumb cramps from buying a pair of Held Air n Dry in a 7 when I should have gone 8. Anyone want to buy them off me?

brokencycle

Reaction score

Speaking of tight gloves, I'm getting thumb cramps from buying a pair of Held Air n Dry in a 7 when I should have gone 8. Anyone want to buy them off me?

Let me measure my hand when I get home. I think they might be a bit too small. How much are you looking to get?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Winterized the bikes and pulled the batteries today. :(

Until next year....

Who's got upgrade plans over the winter?

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I had a place to store my bike. Gonna do the following:

- install heated grips (already bought)
- get new tires and fix dent in rear rim
- SS front brake lines (I dont think I use the rear brake anymore)
- oil/brake fluid/coolant change next spring

Was thinking about upgrading the rear shock as I can feel it going but I think next spring I'm gonna trade this for an SV or Superhawk. So I just wanna get it sellable and keep it pushing. It's been a good 12,000 miles but I'm ready for an upgrade, especially since I will probably be downgrading my car

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Grr, I may have waited too long to put the bike away. Wanted to give it a good washing first (it is kind of grimy)...but just haven't had time during daylight hours.

Now today it is below freezing and looks like it will stay cold. As long as it is willing to start in the cold, I can still ride it to my friend's condo garage, but once it is there, I can't really do any work or cleaning.

Things I would like to take care of if I had somewhere I could work on it while storing.
-full detail
-oil/filter change
-new brake lines (not sure I need them, but it can't hurt to replace with higher end hose)
-replace fork oil and seals (have parts already)
-replace steering bearing (have parts...riverflow gave me a name of a guy to contact about doing the work...but have not done so yet)
-lube or replace throttle cables; my clutch snapped so I worry that the throttle cables may be near the end of their lives too (and they are not as easy to lube as the clutch)

I also have the thoughts of selling floating through my head...it doesn't make the power for the big highways and it does have relatively frequent mechanical problems (never left me stranded but I don't think I ride enough miles to justify the number of things I have to mess with). A newer bike like a honda 500 or a kawa/suzuki 650 would probably fit my needs better, but I would lose the appeal of riding a beautiful vintage machine.

Pretty much have to do all of the things on that list to sell it except the brake lines. Guess I don't have to do the fork oil, but the fork has to come off anyways and I already have the parts. I'm sure someone would still buy it with the notched steering, but anyone who knew what they were looking at would want to drop the price.
Of course once I do all of that work, the thing will feel good as new and I won't want to sell it anymore!

riverflow

Reaction score
I've got upgrades planned! But I'm still riding all winter. Upgrading the whole suspension and getting a second set of wheels so I can swap studded tires on/off as needed.

I probably need to change the oil soon and replace the breaking bits.

I'll also be fabricating a new bashplate and mounts that will offer real protection rather than the aluminum foil POS that's on there currently. Possibly removing/replacing the engine subframe entirely.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My SV I am thinking I might sell. My HP4 is too much of a garage queen and I need to start putting miles on her.

But then again I am in Cali so no winterizing here.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would help for folks to remind everyone what they're riding

I have a Ninja 650R that a crash turned into a street fighter.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would help for folks to remind everyone what they're riding

I have a Ninja 650R that a crash turned into a street fighter.

Triumph Bonneville

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tucking my baby in for the winter today. We had one last blast this past weekend, playing "tag" with the red line through some gorgeous state park roads. Many riders were out. They saw the 10-day forecast. We all knew it was just about over. And tonight, snow.

Last edited:

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea we are getting hit with a cold blast tomorrow. Gonna throw the cover on the bike tonight and call it a season.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads