• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

bigbjorn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by foulard
By the way, would it offend anybody's sensibilities if I posted some photos of my vespas, or is that not appropriate on this thread?
If they're 180 or 200cc, two-stroke-smoke, left-hand-grip-shift oldies, bring them on! I had a GS150 back in the day. Actually, 14 years ago I got a $177 "Exhibition of speed" ticket from LA's Finest for wheelieing it down Wilshire Blvd. $177 was a lot of money in 1997. Even if they're twist-and-go, post away.

KnowYourRights

Reaction score
Originally Posted by foulard
By the way, would it offend anybody's sensibilities if I posted some photos of my vespas, or is that not appropriate on this thread?

I've got a '70 Rally 180 waiting for me to put her back together.

Post 'em!

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
hd3si.jpg
hd1o.jpg

Is that the original tank? It seems rather small on that bike.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
Is that the original tank? It seems rather small on that bike.

It's original all right. I think it's right around 2.2 gallons or so. It's based on the original "peanut" tank that HD introduced in, you guessed it, 1948. It's definitely not a bike I take on longer rides, but for around town, it's a great bike, and I just love the overall look.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duder
its not hard to justify the $20,000. its a good investment, an investment in your happines.

I was disappointed when they cancelled rotary development on their sportbike since MotoGP wouldn't let them compete.

mehhhh

Reaction score
I have a love/hate relationship with my bike, a red/black/white 1998 Yamaha YZF600R. I love riding it, but I think I paid too much for it and it's starting to look a tad dated. Maybe my tastes are just changing.

The more gas goes up, the more I think about selling it and getting a scooter.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
It's original all right. I think it's right around 2.2 gallons or so. It's based on the original "peanut" tank that HD introduced in, you guessed it, 1948. It's definitely not a bike I take on longer rides, but for around town, it's a great bike, and I just love the overall look.
It's a very nice bike. There must be some envy at work here (3), but I think I'd like it better if it had a bigger tank for some reason. Perhaps I like the look of usability. I'd almost want MFF to foo his magic so I could see how that looked.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
It's a very nice bike. There must be some envy at work here (3), but I think I'd like it better if it had a bigger tank for some reason. Perhaps I like the look of usability. I'd almost want MFF to foo his magic so I could see how that looked.

It's actually a pretty easy mod to make IRL, I've seen pics over at some of the Harley forums where people swapped a Nighster tank. Messes with the lines IMO, but probably adds 75 to 100 miles to range on a full tank. In all honesty, the bike is slammed as in low, and after an hour or so of riding, you'd want to stop and stretch and give you ass a break anyway. As I said, it's really more on an in-town bike, where a 2 gallon tank will last you a week or 2.

bigbjorn

Reaction score
Depends on year and mileage, but generally yes. SV650 prices are usually a bit high in the used markets because they are pretty popular track bikes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads