1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. bigbjorn

bigbjorn Senior Member

By the way, would it offend anybody's sensibilities if I posted some photos of my vespas, or is that not appropriate on this thread?
    If they're 180 or 200cc, two-stroke-smoke, left-hand-grip-shift oldies, bring them on! I had a GS150 back in the day. Actually, 14 years ago I got a $177 "Exhibition of speed" ticket from LA's Finest for wheelieing it down Wilshire Blvd. $177 was a lot of money in 1997. Even if they're twist-and-go, post away.

2. bigbjorn

bigbjorn Senior Member

Gnatty - that Street Bob is a good looking bike.

3. KnowYourRights

KnowYourRights Senior Member

By the way, would it offend anybody's sensibilities if I posted some photos of my vespas, or is that not appropriate on this thread?

I've got a '70 Rally 180 waiting for me to put her back together.

Post 'em!

4. CDFS

CDFS Distinguished Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Is that the original tank? It seems rather small on that bike.

5. gnatty8

gnatty8 Distinguished Member

Is that the original tank? It seems rather small on that bike.

It's original all right. I think it's right around 2.2 gallons or so. It's based on the original "peanut" tank that HD introduced in, you guessed it, 1948. It's definitely not a bike I take on longer rides, but for around town, it's a great bike, and I just love the overall look.

6. akatsuki

akatsuki Distinguished Member

its not hard to justify the $20,000. its a good investment, an investment in your happines.

I was disappointed when they cancelled rotary development on their sportbike since MotoGP wouldn't let them compete.

7. mehhhh

mehhhh Senior Member

I have a love/hate relationship with my bike, a red/black/white 1998 Yamaha YZF600R. I love riding it, but I think I paid too much for it and it's starting to look a tad dated. Maybe my tastes are just changing.

The more gas goes up, the more I think about selling it and getting a scooter.

8. KnowYourRights

KnowYourRights Senior Member

9. CDFS

CDFS Distinguished Member

It's original all right. I think it's right around 2.2 gallons or so. It's based on the original "peanut" tank that HD introduced in, you guessed it, 1948. It's definitely not a bike I take on longer rides, but for around town, it's a great bike, and I just love the overall look.
    It's a very nice bike. There must be some envy at work here (3), but I think I'd like it better if it had a bigger tank for some reason. Perhaps I like the look of usability. I'd almost want MFF to foo his magic so I could see how that looked.

10. gnatty8

gnatty8 Distinguished Member

It's a very nice bike. There must be some envy at work here (3), but I think I'd like it better if it had a bigger tank for some reason. Perhaps I like the look of usability. I'd almost want MFF to foo his magic so I could see how that looked.

It's actually a pretty easy mod to make IRL, I've seen pics over at some of the Harley forums where people swapped a Nighster tank. Messes with the lines IMO, but probably adds 75 to 100 miles to range on a full tank. In all honesty, the bike is slammed as in low, and after an hour or so of riding, you'd want to stop and stretch and give you ass a break anyway. As I said, it's really more on an in-town bike, where a 2 gallon tank will last you a week or 2.

11. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior Member

Some great bikes on here.
    Here's my little toy.....it's got a bunch of upgrades to it and keeps me smiling when I twist the throttle.
    She's a fun little thing.

[​IMG]

12. foulard

foulard Senior Member

13. Vaio

Vaio Senior Member

14. Achilles_

Achilles_ Distinguished Member

Would $2500 be a reasonable for a Suzuki SV650 S?

15. bigbjorn

bigbjorn Senior Member

Depends on year and mileage, but generally yes. SV650 prices are usually a bit high in the used markets because they are pretty popular track bikes.