• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Motorcycles

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
You have good taste, I LOVE this bike. Some argue that it's underpowered, but apart from the flat spot on the acceleration its plenty strong enough for city driving. Ultimately I'd like to also get a CB550, which owners rave about. Honda legend/guru 'Hondaman' swears by the CB450, calling it the best of the bunch.
Yeah it was a bit terrifying on freeways and it could barely manage a passenger but it was a great bike for running around town.

Duly Noted

Reaction score
That is fucking gorgeous!

Something might happen where Mrs. Piob actually breaks down and stops denying me a ride. Not going to hold my breath but it's moved out of the impossible category. Never thought this would be a marital sticking point, as I rode when we met up 20-some years ago, but where we live now is notorious for running over motorcyclists so I get it.
FWIW, I told my wife I was having a midlife crisis and it was either I buy a motorbike, or have an affair.
Getting a bike was well worth the bruise... Just sayin'...

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
@gnatty8 it's a 2017 Yamaha SCR950. The bike was produced with the same engine as the Bolt with a sportier, "scrambler" subframe.

I can't give it many accolades other than it's a HOG. Quite heavy (550 lbs), underpowered for a V-twin (51hp), and turning can be improved. But it's my first bike and I'm really coming around to it, I get comments all the time whenever I park it and most people are shocked when I say it's a 2017 bike. If you're looking for one they're heavily discounted everywhere.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
@gnatty8 it's a 2017 Yamaha SCR950. The bike was produced with the same engine as the Bolt with a sportier, "scrambler" subframe.

I can't give it many accolades other than it's a HOG. Quite heavy (550 lbs), underpowered for a V-twin (51hp), and turning can be improved. But it's my first bike and I'm really coming around to it, I get comments all the time whenever I park it and most people are shocked when I say it's a 2017 bike. If you're looking for one they're heavily discounted everywhere.
That’s quite the recommendation.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It looks like you end up perched on top of the new one vs being part of the old one.

Seat is less sunk into the body and the pegs look like they are further back and higher up.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pros:

208 hp, 90 ft/lbs of torque. Jesus! I know that is at the crank but still

15k miles service interval :slayer:

Dry clutch is an option :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

Easy to discard that hideous rear bumper

Rear seat actually has padding

Cons:

I can see those wings snapping off the first time it tips over in the garage or on a hot summer day on soft asphalt;

It doesn't have that svelte look anymore. It's not a porker by any means but it looks like it is. It's like Fat Tom from Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

vs

streetfighter above.png

I'm still not sold on the nose or how the instruments are perched atop it;

Price. Now this is the deal killer. 19990€ ($22,250) for the base and 22990€ ($25,600) for the S. Is a Duc still a Duc without it's orchestra? A dry clutch is $3100 option on the Panigale so it will be the same. That's damn near $30k. $30k will get you real exotica like the soon to be released "regular" Brutale 1000. Meanwhile the fully faired S1000RR with the Select Package (which includes heated grips) and the M Package (which includes a lightweight lithium ion battery and carbon fiber wheels) costs $22.5k. Imagine what the revised S1000R is going to look like and how it will be priced. And lets not forget about the $19k Aprilia Tuono Factory.

Nuff said.

I suspect, like the original Streetfighter, Ducati will price itself out of the market. Dealers will mark them up at least $3k just because and they will end up sitting on showroom floors and then get snapped up on the used market 5 years from now

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.