• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
You have good taste, I LOVE this bike. Some argue that it's underpowered, but apart from the flat spot on the acceleration its plenty strong enough for city driving. Ultimately I'd like to also get a CB550, which owners rave about. Honda legend/guru 'Hondaman' swears by the CB450, calling it the best of the bunch.

Yeah it was a bit terrifying on freeways and it could barely manage a passenger but it was a great bike for running around town.

Duly Noted

Reaction score
That is ******* gorgeous!

Something might happen where Mrs. Piob actually breaks down and stops denying me a ride. Not going to hold my breath but it's moved out of the impossible category. Never thought this would be a marital sticking point, as I rode when we met up 20-some years ago, but where we live now is notorious for running over motorcyclists so I get it.

FWIW, I told my wife I was having a midlife crisis and it was either I buy a motorbike, or have an affair.
Getting a bike was well worth the bruise... Just sayin'...

michaellosauro

Reaction score
Heading out on the Gypsy Run today. Packing for 2 people to camp using just a sissy bar was... interesting.

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
@gnatty8 it's a 2017 Yamaha SCR950. The bike was produced with the same engine as the Bolt with a sportier, "scrambler" subframe.

I can't give it many accolades other than it's a HOG. Quite heavy (550 lbs), underpowered for a V-twin (51hp), and turning can be improved. But it's my first bike and I'm really coming around to it, I get comments all the time whenever I park it and most people are shocked when I say it's a 2017 bike. If you're looking for one they're heavily discounted everywhere.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
@gnatty8 it's a 2017 Yamaha SCR950. The bike was produced with the same engine as the Bolt with a sportier, "scrambler" subframe.

I can't give it many accolades other than it's a HOG. Quite heavy (550 lbs), underpowered for a V-twin (51hp), and turning can be improved. But it's my first bike and I'm really coming around to it, I get comments all the time whenever I park it and most people are shocked when I say it's a 2017 bike. If you're looking for one they're heavily discounted everywhere.

That’s quite the recommendation.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2020 Duc Streetfighter S

Old vs new

old vs new.jpg

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It looks like you end up perched on top of the new one vs being part of the old one.

Seat is less sunk into the body and the pegs look like they are further back and higher up.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pros:

208 hp, 90 ft/lbs of torque. Jesus! I know that is at the crank but still

15k miles service interval :slayer:

Is a Duc still a Duc without it's orchestra? Dry clutch is an option :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

Easy to discard that hideous rear bumper

Rear seat actually has padding

Cons:

I can see those wings snapping off the first time it tips over in the garage or on a hot summer day on soft asphalt;

It doesn't have that svelte look anymore. It's not a porker by any means but it looks like it is. It's like Fat Tom from Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels

vs

streetfighter above.png

I'm still not sold on the nose or how the instruments are perched atop it;

Price. Now this is the deal killer. 19990€ ($22,250) for the base and 22990€ ($25,600) for the S. A dry clutch is $3100 option on the Panigale so it will be the same. That's damn near $30k. $30k will get you real exotica like the soon to be released "regular" Brutale 1000. Meanwhile the fully faired 2020 S1000RR with the Select Package (which includes heated grips) and the M Package (which includes a lightweight lithium ion battery and carbon fiber wheels) costs $22.5k. Imagine what the revised S1000R is going to look like and how it will be priced. And lets not forget about the $19k Aprilia Tuono Factory.

Nuff said.

I suspect, like the original Streetfighter, Ducati will price itself out of the market. Dealers will mark them up at least $3k just because and they will end up sitting on showroom floors and then get snapped up on the used market 5 years from now.

I also believe a Streetfighter based on the new Panigale 959 V2 (read: Panigale 955) and priced around $16k would have been an instant winner

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coming up next on **** That I Cannot Afford is the highly anticipated 2020 MV Agusta Brutale 1000 RR. This is the more affordable version of the $46,000 Brutale Serie Oro. It has the same 208 hp 85 ft/lbs of torque motor, electronic Ohlins suspension, 8 level traction control, up & down quickshfter, LED lights which change direction and angle according to lean angle, wheelie control, launch control, the ability to mirror the NAV from your phone on the cockpit screen, yada yada yada. It has forged wheels instead of carbon fiber and makes due with steel bolts instead of titanium from the Serie Oro version. And it can be yours for a bargain basement price of $31,998.

Yeah.

Anyhow here are the pics

1572880187277.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads