• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

riverflow

Reaction score
Definitely going to make a case for a track day membership. Might have to sell my Z and get something more economical
frown.gif
which also means I could probably buy a built track bike
smile.gif

I'd suggest getting something like an SV650 to start with. The 600 class is full of squids, plus with a little less power you'll be forced to learn how to ride the corners better. And you won't mind so much if you dump it.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

do any of you have any BMG or Belstaff gear?

I have a Belstaff Trialmaster with Forcefield armor in the back, shoulders and elbows.

Definitely going to make a case for a track day membership. Might have to sell my Z and get something more economical :( which also means I could probably buy a built track bike :)

The KTM R390 is making waves as a purpose-built track bike...

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has any news been announced on a US release of an RC390?

I'm hearing that they're coming to the US and Canada as 2015 models.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No talk about the Kawasaki H2? Engineering feat? Total overkill for the streets? Insurers nightmare?

Trellis frame
Single sided swingarm
998 cc supercharged inline 4
300 hp in race form

kawasaki-h2-supercharged-998cc-h2r.jpg

0.jpg

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've only been pulled over once on mine, no ticket though. I was coming home from working nightshift and going 44 in a 25...

But back on track, do any of you have any BMG or Belstaff gear?

I have the BMG Montana jacket. I like it.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
H2 is gonna be dumbed down for the street. Will only make 200 HP on the road, but that is nothing and the tuners will go ape ****.

I think it's a cool idea and kind of a look to the future, though I'm not sure it will trickle down to a bike that matters to me. If a supercharger could net me 50-60 MPG and more performance instead of the 40-45 I'm getting now as well as the "just enough" oomph of my 650 that would be cool. Beyond that, meh

Someone on Jalopnik summed it up perfectly...

Incredible bike. And possibly the most effective natural selection device ever produced. Many, many bros will meet their demise on this crotch rocket.

Almost a haiku, such a good summary/assessment.

Reminds me of a quote from Keiichi Tsuchiya when he drove the 600HP Mine's R34 around some track. "Its fast enough to make a dead man scream".

I'd be happy with an ~11 second quarter mile, good handling, comfort for the wife and torque.....

riverflow

Reaction score
No talk about the Kawasaki H2? Engineering feat? Total overkill for the streets? Insurers nightmare?

Trellis frame
Single sided swingarm
998 cc supercharged inline 4
300 hp in race form

Absolutely ridiculous. It's a fly and ride MotoGP bike. A lot of them are going to get bought and more will find the bike's crashing potential well before its riding potential.

That said, I really enjoy the proof of concept, and from an engineering standpoint it's fantastic. I can't wait to see a forced induction 450 triple or the likes.

I think it is track only, right? Looks kind of cool in a Tron-esque sort of way.

This one is track only, thought it could theoretically be made street legal. Supposedly they're releasing the street version in about a month. Or so I've heard.

Last edited:

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Summary of Intermot (motorcycle show where H2 debuted)- of the bikes I give a **** about

Ducati Scrambler- has the air cooled 796cc twin, gonna be cheap.

10-DUCATI-SCRAMBLER-590x441.jpg

Kawasaki H2(R)- limited edition supercharged literbike. 300HP and not street legal in R form, rumored to be 200HP in normal street form. Possibly an indication of Kawi's next phase of engine development

15ZX1000P_40SGRYSLFA00D_C-590x441.jpg

Suzuki GSX-S750/S1000/S1000F- standards using old "street tuned" GSX-R engines. 750s are carryovers from Europe.

15A8BE74F9B54CFBA7F899359E882E35.ashx

S1000F

6973A1E722EA4B2EBC170B53DFCBB776.ashx

S1000

6D86B753F3164C679C18182A04397A5D.ashx

S750

Interestingly the GSX-S750 is 8K... same price as the SFV650 and Ninja 650, and FZ-09. Kawi needs to do something with the 650. Make it a triple. Make the smallest bike a single, bump the 300 up to a 500.

Yami is also rumored to be debuting a new R1 concept.

Few other bikes there I couldn't care less about (adventure bikes and ****). These are the biggies.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$8,500 which doesnt seem like a bargain when the Monster 696 is only $700 more

It looks what what the Sportster is supposed to be though. I see this being huge with hipsters

epb

Reaction score

$8,500 which doesnt seem like a bargain when the Monster 696 is only $700 more

It looks what what the Sportster is supposed to be though. I see this being huge with hipsters

I'm pretty far from being a hipster but think they've got something with this bike. It's got decent power compared to the SR400, TU250X, and Royal Enfield Bullet or Continental GT; it's a lot lighter than the Bonneville, or CB1100; it's got better ride height than the Bolt, Sportster and their analogs. Really, my sole criticism is pretty mild - they shouldn't have called it a Scrambler. Calling it a GT75 or GT800 would have fit their history and left expectations open. I want and Icon with the seat from the Urban (I think).

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasnt trying to use hipster as a pejorative term. I see my biker buddies from NY & CT being all over these things. They are like Sportsters before Harley got all fat and 'Mrrcn. And while they aren't exactly cheap they are a bargain. Def a wildcard for ~$8K compared to a more generic FZ09 or GSX-S750. I'd still go with one of the Japanese standards but I respect what Ducati is doing. They should bring back the GT but make it a cheap bike, not a special edition. I feel like those would do better than the Monsters.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, Ducati's new Bonneville will probably perform much better than the ones Triumph make. I am utterly unimpressed with Triumph's hipster bikes.

My Triple however.... well that's another story.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member