1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Motorcycles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tck13, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

I wish i had a Sportster or a Bonneville instead of a POS 100cc Honda Win.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

There are starving pedestrians in China who wish they had a POS 100cc Honda Win (and a sandwich)! Think about that mister.

1 person likes this.
  3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

If they could they would upgrade too

Man I might have to sell the bike. Yesterday was my bday... Im riding to work, catching a sick sick rhythm. Roads had a wide on for me. I'm pushing a little hard but still in control... WOOP WOOP.... 4th speeding ticket in 4 months :fu:

I dont have any points yet cause of lawyers but shit's getting nutty. I think I have the case to make to wifey to get a track day bundle deal and maybe take the bike off the road for good.

4. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Just bought a new riding jacket - Held. Stuff seems very premium and better designed for use than some of the more recent stuff I've been seeing from Dainese.

My entire riding life is starting to turn German - boots, motorcycle, helmet, and now jackets...

5. riverflow

riverflow Well-Known Member

Speed limits are so unreasonably loooooowwww for bikes though... Cops have to understand that, right?

We should all lobby for national lane splitting and "performance vehicle" speed limits :D

2 people like this.
  6. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

This might be why I may never get a faster bike. I can't fathom ever getting to ride it on public roads at the speeds I'd want or that it's capable of.

And I have little interest in track days other than to potentially improve my riding skills.

Sigh.

7. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

That's because in Canada they seize your bike at 20 kph over the speed limit. Meanwhile where I live the police cannot legally chase. They literally ignore speeding bikes

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  8. BostonHedonist

BostonHedonist Senior member

Havent gotten a speeding ticket on mine all year! But I rarely take it over 95. Never above 110.

1 person likes this.
  9. riverflow

I've only been pulled over once on mine, no ticket though. I was coming home from working nightshift and going 44 in a 25...

But back on track, do any of you have any BMG or Belstaff gear?

10. Cool The Kid

FWIW this is the first time I've been pulled over on my bike for speeding in.... 4 years of riding?

And I've definitely sped before.

It was in some podunk county so all the shit is cheap. I'm hoping with the lawyer and everything not to spend more than 200.

Definitely going to make a case for a track day membership. Might have to sell my Z and get something more economical :( which also means I could probably buy a built track bike :)

11. riverflow

I'd suggest getting something like an SV650 to start with. The 600 class is full of squids, plus with a little less power you'll be forced to learn how to ride the corners better. And you won't mind so much if you dump it.

12. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

I have a Belstaff Trialmaster with Forcefield armor in the back, shoulders and elbows.

The KTM R390 is making waves as a purpose-built track bike...

13. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Has any news been announced on a US release of an RC390?

14. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

I'm hearing that they're coming to the US and Canada as 2015 models.

15. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

No talk about the Kawasaki H2? Engineering feat? Total overkill for the streets? Insurers nightmare?

Trellis frame
    Single sided swingarm
    998 cc supercharged inline 4
    300 hp in race form

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. otc

otc Senior member

I have the BMG Montana jacket. I like it.

17. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

I think it is track only, right? Looks kind of cool in a Tron-esque sort of way.

18. Cool The Kid

H2 is gonna be dumbed down for the street. Will only make 200 HP on the road, but that is nothing and the tuners will go ape shit.

I think it's a cool idea and kind of a look to the future, though I'm not sure it will trickle down to a bike that matters to me. If a supercharger could net me 50-60 MPG and more performance instead of the 40-45 I'm getting now as well as the "just enough" oomph of my 650 that would be cool. Beyond that, meh

Someone on Jalopnik summed it up perfectly...

Almost a haiku, such a good summary/assessment.

Reminds me of a quote from Keiichi Tsuchiya when he drove the 600HP Mine's R34 around some track. "Its fast enough to make a dead man scream".

I'd be happy with an ~11 second quarter mile, good handling, comfort for the wife and torque.....

19. riverflow

Absolutely ridiculous. It's a fly and ride MotoGP bike. A lot of them are going to get bought and more will find the bike's crashing potential well before its riding potential.

That said, I really enjoy the proof of concept, and from an engineering standpoint it's fantastic. I can't wait to see a forced induction 450 triple or the likes.

This one is track only, thought it could theoretically be made street legal. Supposedly they're releasing the street version in about a month. Or so I've heard.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  20. Cool The Kid

Summary of Intermot (motorcycle show where H2 debuted)- of the bikes I give a shit about

Ducati Scrambler- has the air cooled 796cc twin, gonna be cheap.

[​IMG]

Kawasaki H2(R)- limited edition supercharged literbike. 300HP and not street legal in R form, rumored to be 200HP in normal street form. Possibly an indication of Kawi's next phase of engine development

[​IMG]

Suzuki GSX-S750/S1000/S1000F- standards using old "street tuned" GSX-R engines. 750s are carryovers from Europe.

[​IMG]
    S1000F

[​IMG]
    S1000

[​IMG]
    S750

Interestingly the GSX-S750 is 8K... same price as the SFV650 and Ninja 650, and FZ-09. Kawi needs to do something with the 650. Make it a triple. Make the smallest bike a single, bump the 300 up to a 500.

Yami is also rumored to be debuting a new R1 concept.

Few other bikes there I couldn't care less about (adventure bikes and shit). These are the biggies.