• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

oilpit

Reaction score
Wow, those 701s look sublime...

How slim can 701s been worn, I want something like a New Cure/Dior/Nudie/Weird Guy. I know that there are better options out there for skinny jeans, but those fadez man...those fadez.

pistolero

Reaction score
the 0701 cut is not tapered, so it's not going to be as skinny as the jeans you mentioned. You can try sizing down on the 701s, but the top block already fits fairly slim IMO and won't stretch much..

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Japan Blue x Momotaro Denim: Restocked! Their back! All 4 Japan Blue denim models are available once again in all sizes 29-36. Japan Blue x Momotaro 14.8oz Tight Straight Vintage Raw Selvedge Denim - Model JB0701 - $200
- Japan Blue's "tight straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a medium rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly torwards the leg opening. This is the same "tight straight" fit used in the Momotaro line.
- 14.8oz sanforized raw selvedge denim fabric
- Rope dyed indigo
- Japan Blue custom engraved antique gold finish buttons
- Button fly
- Antique gold rivets
- Japan Blue logo stamp on interior pocket bag
- Hidden coin pocket selvedge
- White leather patch
- Red & white selvedge
- Blue interior inseam thread
- 100% cotton
- Available in sizes 29-34, 36
- Made in Japan
7992002.1b.JPG
7992002.8b.JPG

7992002.2b.JPG
7992002.3b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7992002

Japan Blue x Momotaro 14.8oz Skinny Straight Vintage Raw Selvedge Denim - Model JB0101 - $200
- Japan Blue's "skinny straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers from the thigh to the leg opening. This is the slimmest fit offered by either Japan Blue or Momotaro.
- Rope dyed indigo
- Japan Blue custom engraved antique gold finish buttons
- Button fly
- Antique gold rivets
- Japan Blue logo stamp on interior pocket bag
- White leather patch
- Red & white selvedge
- Blue interior inseam thread
- 100% cotton
- Made in Japan
7992003.1b.JPG
7992002.13b.JPG

7992003.2b.JPG
7992003.3b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7992003

Japan Blue x Momotaro "Going to Battle" 14.8oz Tight Straight Vintage Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0700SP - $200
- Japan Blue's "tight straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a medium rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly torwards the leg opening. This is the same "tight straight" fit used in the Momotaro line.
- Rope dyed indigo
- Momotaro custom engraved brushed nickle finish buttons
- Button fly
- Momotaro copper rivets
- Cowhide leather patch
- Red & white selvedge
- Pink interior inseam thread
- 100% cotton
- Made in Japan
7992000.1b.JPG
7992000.8b.JPG

7992000.2b.JPG
7992000.3b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7992000

Japan Blue x Momotaro "Going to Battle" 14.8oz Skinny Straight Vintage Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0100SP - $200
- Japan Blue's "skinny straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers from the thigh to the leg opening. This is currently the slimmest fit offered by either Japan Blue or Momotaro.
- Rope dyed indigo
- Momotaro custom engraved brushed nickle finish buttons
- Button fly
- Momotaro copper rivets
- Cowhide leather patch
- Red & white selvedge
- Pink interior inseam thread
- 100% cotton
- Made in Japan
7992001.1b.JPG
7992001.15b.JPG

7992001.2b.JPG
7992001.3b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7992001

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but what size 805sp hip fit slims should I order. My true waist measurement is between 30 and 31 inches, but I would obviously look ridiculous if I wore my pants up to my belly button. The only pair of Momotaro's I have ever tried on is 705sp at BiG. I couldn't even button the top button of the 31s, but the 32s seemed to fit well. I normally wear Naked and Famous Weird Guys in 32s, but I can get my whole first between my waist and the pants.

Because I need to special order these pants through BlueOwl or BiG and can't return them, it's critical that I get the right fit.

Thanks!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but what size 805sp hip fit slims should I order.  My true waist measurement is between 30 and 31 inches, but I would obviously look ridiculous if I wore my pants up to my belly button.  The only pair of Momotaro's I have ever tried on is 705sp at BiG.  I couldn't even button the top button of the 31s, but the 32s seemed to fit well.  I normally wear Naked and Famous Weird Guys in 32s, but I can get my whole first between my waist and the pants.

Because I need to special order these pants through BlueOwl or BiG and can't return them, it's critical that I get the right fit.

Thanks!

A 32 in WG should translate to about a 34 waist in momos, from what I've read and experienced. With your waist so small though, perhaps a 33.

I'd just ask for measurements from the supplier, be honest, and purchase whatever reads should fit. I know Jay would be more than accommodating in getting you accurate sizes.

bagley920

Reaction score

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm wearing the JBxM going to battles today. love the fit, and jay-d was a great help with my questions. :slayer:

mistahdabolina

Reaction score
care to go into a bit more detail? which brand uses what cotton? what are the fading properties of JBxMomo? i know Momo's are known for having nice fades and patina but is the same about JBxMomo?
sorry for the barrage of questions, i just like to know my denim before i buy it :teach:

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the Vintage line is Zimbabwean, it's more cotton+indigo @15.7oz, if you want to quantify. but, bottomline is, the individual jeans' evolution depends on how they will be worn & maintained. imo, either one got the potential to turn out exquisitely.

Last edited:

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zimbabwe cotton etc etc just more details & quality put into products IMO

Momotaro is made from long staple Zim cotton and is made by hand entirely. Weaving the fabric on shuttle looms, sewing the jeans by artisan methods. Dyed with indigo, featuring Momotaro exclusive details being the pink selvage outseam, pink inseam stiching, Momotaro/peaches brandsed hardware.

Japan Blue X Momo, lends some of the "popularity" achieved by Momotaro, but destiquinses itself by, for instance other production environment (more industrial techniques versus the artisan hand crafts on the Momo's). Different dying mehtod. JBx Momo are sulphur dyed instead of using solely indigo. Other things that set JB apart from Momo is the use of different hardware and the lack of some details. Namely different hide on the patches, the lack of hidden rivets on the backpocket, no pink selvage outseam and "lower" quality cotton.

These partical details are the reason why JB is a lot cheaper than Momotaro, but then again JB is focussed on another market than the denimheads, namely the more gernreal buyer. JB is a brand estasblished to provide quality denim for a reasonable price, with the main goal to compete with other mid rier denim brands. It's a way for Japan Blue Group to get a greater share on te denim market.

So in short: Momotaro is a triple A brand, regarding quality, construction and a great focus on traditional methods an details regarding jeans production. Japan Blue is a brand more for the general jeans buyer/lover. Whilst still exeptional quality for the money, in an other legaue than Momotaro, but then again aimed at a totally different market.

Hopes this helps a bit...

[By the way, for those wondering why I dont post that often anymore. I think the new SF is ****, in terms of usabililty. Site is slow a hell and I don't find it easy to navigate. While that is just my personal opinion, I liked the old SF better]

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Momotaro: Denim Restocks Large shipment just arrived this week of 0705sp and 0701. Next Momotaro shipment arrives in about 2 weeks.....Grand Indigos! Momotaro "Going to Battle" 15.7oz "Tight Straight" Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0705sp - Momotaro's "tight straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly torwards the leg opening. - "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. - 15.7oz selvedge one wash (washed one time using sea water from Okayama coast) - Deep blue natural indigo denim using super-dense 6s yarn Zimbabwe cotton - Deer skin patch - Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. - 100% Zimbabwe cotton - Sizes 28-34, 36 - Made in Japan
7976000.1b.JPG
7976000.4b.JPG
7976000.6b.JPG
7976000.7b.JPG
Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7976000 Momotaro Vintage Label 15.7oz "Tight Straight" Raw Selvedge Model 0701 - Momotaro's "tight straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly torwards the leg opening - 15.7oz shrink-to-fit raw selvedge - Deep blue natural indigo denim using super-dense 6s yarn Zimbabwe cotton - Deer skin patch - Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. - 100% Zimbabwe cotton - Sizes 28-34, 36 (38, 40, 42 available via special order) - Made in Japan
7996001.1b.jpg
7996001.2b.jpg
7996001.12b.jpg
7996001.15b.jpg
Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7976002

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads