Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Momotaro: New denim shipment just landed! [​IMG] In our recent shipment from Rampuya, we received 3 denim series from the Momotaro line. We received another restock of the 0701 "Tight Straight" Vintage Label denim. Now we are proud to to introduce 2 new denims which we plan to continuously stock going forward, the 0705sp "Tight Straight" Going to Battle denim and the 0201 "Slim Straight" Vintage Label denim. Momotaro "Going to Battle" 15.7oz "Tight Straight" Raw Selvedge Denim - Model 0705sp - Momotaro's "tight straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly torwards the leg opening. - "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. - 15.7oz selvedge one wash (washed one time using sea water from Okayama coast) - Deep blue natural indigo denim using super-dense 6s yarn Zimbabwe cotton - Deer skin patch - Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. - 100% Zimbabwe cotton - Sizes 28-34, 36 - Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7976000 Momotaro Vintage Label 15.7oz "Slim Straight" Raw Selvedge Model 0201 - Momotaro's "slim straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, and visually appears as a straight leg but does have a minimal taper from mid-thigh to the leg opening. - 15.7oz shrink-to-fit raw selvedge - Deep blue natural indigo denim using super-dense 6s yarn Zimbabwe cotton - Deer skin patch - Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. - 100% Zimbabwe cotton - Sizes 28-34, 36 (38, 40, 42 available via special order) - Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7976001 Momotaro Vintage Label 15.7oz "Tight Straight" Raw Selvedge Model 0701 - Momotaro's "tight straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly torwards the leg opening - 15.7oz shrink-to-fit raw selvedge - Deep blue natural indigo denim using super-dense 6s yarn Zimbabwe cotton - Deer skin patch - Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. - 100% Zimbabwe cotton - Sizes 28-34, 36 (38, 40, 42 available via special order) - Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7976002 Further details can be seen our latest blogpost - http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/10/3-new-denims-from-momotaro-going-to.html.

2. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

Update: 701 @14mos= 8mos effective wear :: multiple soaks + cold wash x1 @4mos :: last soak [in Oolong tea] 2mos ago :: up for 2nd wash soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  3. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Those are freaking gorgeous IIIrd. Can't wait to get myself a pair of Momos again.

5. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

6. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

those baby blue shades look perf

why does your upper left leg have much more fade than the right?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  7. Jay-D

Momotaro: "Going to Battle" Thermal Parkas [​IMG] Our latest shipment from Rampuya brings us several styles of hooded parkas from the Momotaro "Going to Battle" series. The Momotaro "Going to Battle" thermal hooded parkas are made with thermal fabric which is also known as "waffle" fabric. The fabric is sewn in a way that resembles a waffle and because of this shape the fit is very slim and can flex to form with the body. Due to the slim fit through the arms and body, it is naturally a great layering piece for fall and winter months, but can easily be worn all year round. Available in charcoal and heather gray as shown above. Momotaro "Going to Battle" Thermal Hooded Parka in Charcoal - Model ST231 - "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. - 100% cotton - Sizes S, M, L, XL - Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7974003 Momotaro "Going to Battle" Thermal Hooded Parka in Heather Gray - Model ST231 - "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. - 100% cotton - Sizes S, M, L, XL - Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7974002 [​IMG][​IMG] Slim through the arms and body. Cut short so it hits a touch below the waist line. Further details can be seen our latest blogpost - http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/10/momotaro-going-to-battle-thermal-hooded.html[URL].

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  8. Katamar13

Katamar13 Active Member

This shit right here is sexy.

9. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

tnx peeps!

it's just the angle the sunlight is hitting the left side.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  10. Jay-D

Momotaro: "Going to Battle" Urage Parkas [​IMG] Momotaro's "urage" hooded parkas uses "shirako" thread, gauze woven for a soft and smooth exterior and "urage" (loop) woven for a soft and comfortable interior, creating a 3-dimensional structure of soft, light weight, and comfortable fabric. The "urage" fabric will become even softer with wear. Fabric is heavy and the fit is slim making it perfect to wear by itself during fall and spring and to layer under a heavier coat during the coldest winter days. Momotaro "Going to Battle" Urage Hooded Parka in Charcoal - Model ST131- "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. - 100% cotton - Sizes S, M, L, XL - Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7974001 Momotaro "Going to Battle" Urage Hooded Parka in Heather Gray - Model ST131 - "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. - 100% cotton - Sizes S, M, L, XL - Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7974000 [​IMG][​IMG] Slim through the arms and body. Cut short so it hits a touch below the waist line. Further details can be seen our latest blogpost - http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/11/momotaro-going-to-battle-urage-hooded.html[URL].

11. Tequila

Tequila Well-Known Member

First post on the forums, for a relatively new lurker.

I'm definitely going to pick up the "Going to Battle" 14.8oz Tight Straight pair of jawnz. My usual waist is about 30 when worn mid- to low. Should I get a 29 to compensate for the stretching? It seems like the general consensus is that they don't stretch a lot, so wouldn't sizing down 1 suffice? I like my jeans snug in the waist, principally enough to allow me NOT to wear a belt (even though I always do). My first venture into raw denim was Diesel (TurboDenim... But we all have to start somewhere, right?) which I loved a lot, except for the fact that they stretched away from the perfect fit in a manner of days.

I'm hoping I can nail the fit even when stretched out with the next pair.

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I would bet going TTS on the 705 GTB would be just fine for you.

13. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

+1. I went TTS on the 0705 GTB and am glad I did. After 6 mos they have stretched less than 1" in the waist and not much in the top block either.

14. Tequila

Tequila Well-Known Member

Alright, I'll try out my TS then. Thanks!

Quote:

15. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

Does anybody own a Momotaro workshirt? How do the arms fit?