Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Momotaro

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jbreen1, Aug 7, 2009.

1. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

pics of the new blue in green natural indigo slim fit holy shit jean.

fucking incredible :slayer: not sure what else to say.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011

2. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

hate that they riveted the patch on...

3. whatever123

yeah, that is not my favorite either but maybe its cause im not use to seeing a riveted patch.

4. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

5. whatever123

hurry. he doesnt have many pairs.

6. commodorewheeler

How many were made total?

7. whatever123

im not sure of the exact number but i think its under 25 pairs. i think they wanted more but were resource limited.

these are a super exclusive jean. like when other people say exclusive their lying. these are exclusive. they come with a bunch of extras to that you will never see again.

big can sell a shocking number of $500+ pairs of jeans.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011

8. whatever123

hey wheeler ... wanna have a momotaro "holy shit" jean contest?

the final rules would have to be sorted out but ....

*we would need to have objective judges.

*the loser has to buy the winner the jean of their choice under $400.

*we can make the contest as long/short as you want.

they are ai so it might be an interesting contest? where is mikey ... he might be into this as well.

the only thing im afraid of is we might be the same size and i dont know if he has 2 pairs of 34s left.

wanna do it?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011

9. commodorewheeler

What extras do they come with other than the bag?

I'm actually interested, but I can't do any more contests right now. I'm already concurrently competing in 3 (bf's Samurai S500JX-LR contest, BiG's Eternal 811 contest, and a general heavyweight denim contest on SuFu). Plus when I get done with the last 2 in December 2012, I need to do another one against a guy I co-designed a jean for Iron Heart with. I'm over-committed on contests for the foreseeable future, I can't add any more at this point.

I may buy the jeans anyway, but I'm still on the fence about them. I like them, but I don't know if I like them enough to spend $725 on them. So far, I'm leaning towards "yes", but there's some other stuff I want too.

10. whatever123

let me know if you change your mind.

11. commodorewheeler

Sure, will do.

12. Jay-D

Jay-D Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Momotaro: Grand Indigo "Tight Straight" Raw Selvedge Denim [​IMG] Happy New Year everyone! We are starting off 2012 with one of personal favorite denims. This past fall collection we brought in what ended up being one of our most popular denims to date, and it is back! The spring 2012 production of the Momotaro Grand Indigo "Tight Straight" denim just arrived. The Grand Indigo denim features a rich deep indigo color which is achieved using natural indigo dyed Zimbabwe cotton yarns and sulphur dyed black weft yarns. What made the denim so popular is the ridiculous electric blue fading which occurs naturally from the loss of indigo due to the unique recipe of the Grand Indigo fabric. Momotaro Grand Indigo 15oz "Tight Straight" Raw Selvedge Denim - Model ER007-2B * Momotaro's "tight straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers slightly torwards the leg opening. * 15oz sanforized raw denim, expect minimal shrinkage * Deep blue natural indigo warp, sulphur dyed weft * Deer skin patch * Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. * Zimbabwe cotton * 5oz indigo chambray pocket bags * Antique copper rivets * 100% natural cotton thread * Available in sizes 28-34, 36 * Made in Japan [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7962002 More details can be seen on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/01/momotaro-grand-indigo-15oz-tight.html

13. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Dude, I recalled you saying the patch on my G007's was the most badass patch you've ever seen. And it's absolutely the same as this one is, except for the color.

By the way, although I love the natural indigo on this pair, I think it's kind of dissapointing that it misses key-features that Momotaro is known for, like the pink lined inseam and pink selvage outseam. For an item this pricey, I think it's is important to get all details right.

14. commodorewheeler

Yeah, I agree. They're just details, but I would have really liked to see the pink inseam stitching and pink-and-white selvage id on these. I'm on the fence right now about them, those details probably would have swayed me into buying them already.

15. Boognish

Boognish Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Haven't seen a lot of 0201 fit pics. Hopefully I can get some honest wear in before summer rolls around. Thanks to Jay for sizing advice.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012