• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

pistolero

Reaction score

No worries!
I'd be crazy to think that 705s were a good summer option in Texas haha.

Having worn my 0705SP's through two Texas summers, I can confirm that they are in fact a bad option for hot weather.

The 1705, on the other hand, looks really interesting. May need to pick up a pair.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you for the message. I looked at the measurements and they did not look accurate. I had a new employee measure and they were not done quite right. We just re-did the measurements and got them updated. Can you take a look at the measurements again? The fit is the same as BOM004, measurements are very similar but not exact as they are a different production run and different fabric.

:nodding:

Rightyow77

Reaction score
Not sure if I should grab these BM005s or wait for the BM006.... love the deep indigo on these!

BlackPig

Reaction score
Updated measurements on BOM005 reflects a tapered cut as it was intended.

@Rightyow77. I understand your dilemma. I am ordering BOM005 and will try to resist BOM006, but probably end up getting both.

pistolero

Reaction score

My first pair of Momo's are coming in the mail today.
Picked up the 1705 from Blue In Green for a light weight summer jean.
Waiting for the BOM006 for my next pair.

How did you size your 1705's? Looking at BiG's measurements, I'm thinking size down one, possibly 2, from 0705SP / 0701. Also wonder if these will stretch more than the standard vintage label denim.

mr chorizo

Reaction score

Not sure if I should grab these BM005s or wait for the BM006.... love the deep indigo on these!

if you dont own any deep indigo or grand indigo, i'd say get both. i have the bom003 and love them, and have the bom005 coming tomorrow!

they both do very different things and are premium examples/executions of both...

Last edited:

Broark

Reaction score

How did you size your 1705's? Looking at BiG's measurements, I'm thinking size down one, possibly 2, from 0705SP / 0701. Also wonder if these will stretch more than the standard vintage label denim.

I actually went and got my normal size since I have pretty big thighs. From the measurements though I would assume most people would size down one. I'll let you know how much they stretch.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I recommend eventually trying both Momotaro's vintage fabric and one of the indigo/indigo style fabrics. Both are so different in color, fading, and wearability and totally different experience.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Japan Blue: Introducing a new denim....."Zimbabwe + Memphis" 14oz selvedge.
7585000.8b.JPG
The fabric is a unique blend of 100% Zimbabwe cotton for the warp yarns and 100% Memphis cotton for the weft yards. Zimbabwe cotton is incredibly soft, pure luxury, and fades fabulously. Memphis cotton is very durable, rough, and has nice texture. By combining the two cottons and controlling the tension, the resulting fabric is one that has a soft hand and smooth surface with a touch of slub and a lot of character. It is also a fabric that will fade extremely fast (much faster that the vintage series 0200sp, 0201, 0700sp, etc.) Japan Blue 14oz "Zimbabwe + Memphis" Skinny Raw Selvedge Denim - Model JB0206 * Japan Blue's "skinny straight" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a low rise, runs slim in the leg, and tapers from the thigh to the leg opening. * 14oz sanforized raw selvedge denim fabric * Rope dyed indigo * Hidden coin pocket selvedge * Japan Blue custom engraved antique gold finish buttons * Button fly * Antique gold rivets * Hickory stipe pocket bags * Hidden coin pocket selvedge * Cowhide leather patch * Blue & white selvedge * Blue interior inseam thread * 100% cotton * Available in sizes 28-34, 36 * Made in Japan
7585000.1b.JPG
7585000.2b.JPG

7585000.3b.JPG
7585000.4b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7585000 Japan Blue 14oz "Zimbabwe + Memphis" Tapered Raw Selvedge Denim - Model JB0406 * Japan Blue's "tapered" denim fit is slim in the top block, has a medium rise, enough room in the thigh to be comfortable, and begins to taper from the upper thigh all the way to the leg opening. * 14oz sanforized raw selvedge denim fabric * Rope dyed indigo * Hidden coin pocket selvedge * Japan Blue custom engraved antique gold finish buttons * Button fly * Antique gold rivets * Hickory stipe pocket bags * Hidden coin pocket selvedge * Cowhide leather patch * Blue & white selvedge * Blue interior inseam thread * 100% cotton * Available in sizes 28-34, 36 * Made in Japan
7585001.1b.JPG
7585001.2b.JPG

7585000.5b.JPG
7585000.7b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7585001 More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/03/japan-blue-14oz-zimbabwe-memphis-raw.html

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Intriguing. Like the concept.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hence, not the exact same jean...

Other than the two distinctions (straight leg & denim color) it would be the exact same jean. 

I know you were just trying to be a smart ass in your comment, but the statement "the exact same jean with black denim (in straight leg)" has greater linguistic economy than "another jean made with 15.7 oz. denim, woven w/ Zimbabwe cotton, with pink inseam and selvege line, black battle stripes and black denim."  As a general rule, when attempting to make a smart ass statement, it helps to first make sure said statement is smart.

You ment to say similar, smart ass.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anyone got some fade pics for their deep indigos?

Look in the 0702 contest thread. Someone submitted 6 month wear pictures.

JonSmythe

Reaction score

No worries!
I'd be crazy to think that 705s were a good summer option in Texas haha.

How are you liking this pair? I am about to move to a hot climate and am regretting buying 705BIGs when I should have used the money for the 1705 instead. Size 32 anyone? :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads