• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

dusttruffle

Reaction score
Dear Momotaro,

Please produce a raw, sanforized, black on black, black overdyed jean, without battle stripes, in a 70x cut.

Best Regards,

Me.

Rightyow77

Reaction score
^ would be all over that.
stirpot.gif

WoodAcres

Reaction score
I've been wearing JB 701s for about two months and have significant fraying on the non-selvedge inseam side as well as a small tear/hole nearby on the top of one of my cuffs.

I know some fraying is inevitable but it seems way too soon for such significant damage. I see solid pics from 6/9/12+ months of wear with no visible fraying on the inseams.

Am I wearing them wrong? What's the deal?

PS: Momo 0702s should arrive by the end of the week
biggrin.gif

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they drag at all on the ground? Do you wear shoes w/ something obtruding (ie speed hooks) that could snag pants?

All wear differently.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been wearing JB 701s for about two months and have significant fraying on the non-selvedge inseam side as well as a small tear/hole nearby on the top of one of my cuffs. I know some fraying is inevitable but it seems way too soon for such significant damage. I see solid pics from 6/9/12+ months of wear with no visible fraying on the inseams. Am I wearing them wrong? What's the deal? PS: Momo 0702s should arrive by the end of the week
biggrin.gif
Do you have x-legs?

Last edited:

Ponyboy312

Reaction score
Dear Momotaro,

Please produce a raw, sanforized, black on black, black overdyed jean, without battle stripes, in a 70x cut.

Best Regards,

Me.

Agreed. Momotaro needs a black jean. Since Momotaro does not do sanforized, maybe Japan Blue will hook you up.

But as for Momotaro...

I'd like Momotaro do a classic black jean (any colored stitching) in 15.7oz with or without black battle stripes, in the classic 201, 701, and 901 cuts. This should be a permanent addition to their lineup.

Blue Owl came close...but not quite.. with their Midnight Warrior collabs. I'd like to see Momo Vintage do a black jean..Tate and Yoko... still out there?...Blue Owl...Midnight Warrior2/Nubian Warriors?

Last edited:

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New from Momotaro..... Momotaro "Peach" Jacquard Dot Scarf in Indigo - Model AS-65 * Momotaro's signature "peach" symbol (representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story) is used as the pattern in this lightweight indigo scarf. The fabric is a cotton gauze that is super soft and the color is easy to coordinate making it easy to wear. * 100% cotton * One size, approximately 12" x 72" * Made in Japan
7587001.1b.JPG
7587001.4b.JPG

7587001.3b.JPG
7587001.5b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7587000 More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/03/momotaro-peach-jacquard-dot-scarf-in.html

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Introducing the Momotaro x Blue Owl "Midnight Warrior" Tapered BOM005
topimg.jpg
Our 5th collaboration with Momotaro features a tapered version of the "Midnight Warrior" design from our first collaboration, the BOM001. It is a creative denim that uses a super dark indigo 15.7oz fabric with black stitching and details that makes the denim look black, yet will fade to a beautiful indigo full of variations and the black battle stripes. Momotaro x Blue Owl "Midnight Warrior" Tapered 15.7oz Raw Selvedge - Model BOM005 * The "tapered" fit has never been produced by Momotaro. This fit has been borrowed from the Japan Blue line. The fit is slim in the top block, has a medium rise, enough room in the thigh to be comfortable, and begins to taper from the upper thigh all the way to the leg opening. * 15.7oz sanforized raw selvedge * Deep blue pure indigo denim using super-dense 6s yarn * Deer skin patch * Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story. * Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story. * 100% Zimbabwe cotton * 100% natural cotton thread * Available in sizes 28-34, 36 * Made in Japan * Limited to 60 pairs for the first production
7587000.1b.JPG
7587000.2b.JPG

7587000.6b.JPG
7587000.5b.JPG

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7586000 More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/03/momotaro-x-blue-owl-midnight-warrior_26.html

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watching that black-indigo fade is going to be such a treat. I'm jealous of whoever buys a pair...

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the "black" part of indigo-black (like bomo03) ever fade?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads