• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Boognish

Reaction score
It's been a year now. 201s with one initial soak and two washes. Probably about 7 or 8 months effective wear.

Last edited:

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a pair of Womens 7003SP Tight Straight (unworn)? Maybe an Xmas present for the gf/wife? I got a pair for a friends wife in Japan but they didnt fit. Looking for $250 (they cost me $300 in Japan)

Measurements (Tagged 28x33)
14.5" waist
8" front rise
12" back rise
10.5" thigh
7" knee
6.75" leg opening
31.5" inseam

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's been a year now. 201s with one initial soak and two washes. Probably about 7 or 8 months effective wear.

Looking very, very good. Bravo.

Somar

Reaction score
@Boognish: You did them good. Would love to see more images!

xdawes23

Reaction score
@ boognish - awesome jeans, we demand more pictures!

Speaking of 201's, mine finally arrived in the mail. They fit a bit baggy on me, hence the shrink to fit. I'm going to do a pre-soak in the bathtub, while wearing the jeans in hot water. Hopefully that will get most of the shrinkage because I have to hem them as I'm only 5"7.

Question: Since there is slight taper, should I keep the original hem when getting them hemmed?

Last edited:

Rightyow77

Reaction score
Question: Since there is slight taper, should I keep the original hem when getting them hemmed?
Not sure I fully understand your question, but from the context I think you mean something along the lines of. You want to keep the original hem as in, you are going to ask whoever is doing the hemming for you, to save the original hem and then stitch it back on after the length has been shortened. If that is the case, I would not recommend this. You will just have problems later down the line. Hemming them will not affect the taper of the jeans, unless you are short like me (5.3), a soak and a wash might though since it will help the fabric to shrink.

xdawes23

Reaction score
^Yes, that was what I meant thanks. Hopefully the tailor can use the same color stitching as the original hem.

Initial soak let off a lot of indigo and the waist shrunk roughly 1 inch.

Last edited:

mr chorizo

Reaction score
kind of a non sequitur, but so pumped for BOM005. Between that and my BOM003, I don't see myself working on any other pairs for a while.

I threw on a pair of cone 12.5 oz jeans the other day and they felt like pajamas by comparison (not necessarily a good thing, i like how the momos feel).

qw3e5897589314

Reaction score
Just got my 701s from Jay. Debating on soaking or not, thoughts? They're already snug and I'm afraid buttoning up will only get harder.
Also, what's the normal procedure for adjusting the length, I know they will shrink about an inch when I do get around to doing a soak or wash so is it safe to have them hemmed with a +1 inch on what'd normal have?

Also, the cut on these is absolutely perfect, an incredible upgrade from my APCs.

Thanks!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't soak them now, they will just shrink in the future. May as well get it out of the way now. If you're afraid they won't button currently - let alone post-soak, my common advice is to size up. This isn't APC-level stretchy and if you're uncomfortable at once, it's likely to be a long time.

Jay will probably tell you they're fine though. He's currently wearing an unsanforized pair that looks like a good fit. All comes down to personal preference.

Somar

Reaction score
Just got my 701s from Jay. Debating on soaking or not, thoughts? They're already snug and I'm afraid buttoning up will only get harder.
Also, what's the normal procedure for adjusting the length, I know they will shrink about an inch when I do get around to doing a soak or wash so is it safe to have them hemmed with a +1 inch on what'd normal have?

Also, the cut on these is absolutely perfect, an incredible upgrade from my APCs.

Thanks!
Pictures?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads