• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

qw3e5897589314

Reaction score
Pictures?

tounge.gif
don't mind the 6 inches of rolled cuff and dirty mirror.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just button it as high as you can and gradually it will open up and you'll be ok. My 3-sixteen SL-100's and Momotaro 0705sp I couldn't get the top button on at first, but after just wearing around the house for an hour or two I got them on fine, and now they both fit great.

icelatte

Reaction score

Just got my 701s from Jay. Debating on soaking or not, thoughts? They're already snug and I'm afraid buttoning up will only get harder. 
Also, what's the normal procedure for adjusting the length, I know they will shrink about an inch when I do get around to doing a soak or wash so is it safe to have them hemmed with a +1 inch on what'd normal have? 

Also, the cut on these is absolutely perfect, an incredible upgrade from my APCs.

Thanks!

For my 701s, pulled hard to get them buttoned up, wore them for a week to stretch , cold soak to shrink length, wore them another week, then sent to Jay Doughton for
chain-stitch hemming. No on ever said they were low-effort.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've been wearing my 702s for one month now, almost daily.

Will they stretch more than they already have?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol ;)

Well I asked because I want to gauge how much they give, maybe I can size down one on my next pair. I just don't want to end up with the NF diaper. At the moment they are good, not perfectly fitted but I like how they fit, if they stretch more I will be sad.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Somar

Reaction score
Yo caltex, how much did they stretch already then?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe one size in the waist. I have some space in my butt but nothing like What I experienced with my deep indigo NF WG.

I'm not wearing them today but I'll try to give you guys a better idea next time I do.

Somar

Reaction score
How about the Momotaro 0705SP. Has anyone experienced how they stretch? If I would want them to fit snug, what size would you guys recommend? my waist is 34,5/35

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just go TTS.

malikadog

Reaction score
I have a 30" waist. I got a 29 in the 0705sp's and they fit great. A little tight at first, but after a few hours wearing 'em around the house, they stretched out perfectly.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How about the Momotaro 0705SP. Has anyone experienced how they stretch? If I would want them to fit snug, what size would you guys recommend? my waist is 34,5/35

Wearing mine now, been wearing them nearly daily actually. They are pretty snug, I went TTS and got them in 32, the top button took me about a day to get on, now it fits great. I have muscular thighs so mine are a bit snug in the thigh, but all in all the fit is great. I don't think you will see much stretch in these, let alone in the first 20 or so wears, but they do open up a bit. Definietly a true slim striagh fit. There is some room in the knee and slight taper, but if you are looking for a snug jean, you can't go wrong on the 0705sp's.

If I were you, I'd consider them in size 35

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a true 34 waist. I purchased a tagged 34 705sp and loved it.

I dropped into the "Random Health & Exercise Thoughts" thread a few times and developed an inferiority complex for not consistently squatting and deadlifting my brains out. I proceeded to adjust my routine to match my e-bros.

Fairly soon thereafter, my tagged 34s didn't fit any more.

In the 702, I purchased a tagged 36. They fit fine, even being roomy in the waist. However my thighs and butt are now quite comfortable.

I remain a 34 waist.

:eh:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads