MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Poaster

Poaster New Member

I ordered the M79 coat from Sterlingwear a week ago, but did not hear from them at all after the initial confirmation email. I have called them several times, and every time they assure me that my order is going out soon. Now today I finally got an email from them saying the coat I ordered is out of stock, and it will take several weeks to make it. Does anyone know how long it actually takes them to produce and ship a coat? I need a winter coat soon, so would I be better off looking somewhere else? Thanks.

2. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

3. lwkeung

lwkeung Senior member

Since so many posting pics of their peacoats, what do you think of this peacoatish? Being it not a genuine US navy one.
    [

I think it looks pretty unappealing.
    Can you take a picture with your legs and shoes as well?

4. wannabe

wannabe Senior member

Since so many posting pics of their peacoats, what do you think of this peacoatish? Being it not a genuine US navy one.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...l/DSCF2178.jpg

[

I think your peacoat could look okay as long as you don't wear it too casually.

5. SeanathonHuff

SeanathonHuff Senior member

the major problem with that peacoat is the /\\ shape, your shoulders look tiny compared to your waist. were there any options that were more slimming?

6. cocks

cocks Well-Known Member

7. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

I think your peacoat could look okay as long as you don't wear it too casually.

Is with jeans ok though. I mainly wear paecoat with jeans.

8. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

the major problem with that peacoat is the /\\ shape, your shoulders look tiny compared to your waist. were there any options that were more slimming?

was you referring to me when you mentioned tiny shoulders and rotundness? It isnt clear.

9. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

10. ingraman

ingraman Well-Known Member

I think it looks fine, maybe too long. Then again, I'm not a fan of the huge padded shoulders + sized down 3 Sterlingwear torso fits I see in this thread.

11. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Ugh tried the J.Crew small on with a flannel underneath and it was super tight in the shoulder areas. No worries about it ripping, just incredibly uncomfortable. So I don't know if I should get that and live with it and just wait for it to stretch a bit or go with the Medium, which doesn't look as good.

12. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Ugh tried the J.Crew small on with a flannel underneath and it was super tight in the shoulder areas. No worries about it ripping, just incredibly uncomfortable. So I don't know if I should get that and live with it and just wait for it to stretch a bit or go with the Medium, which doesn't look as good.

Medium+tailor. Fit in the shoulders/chest is the most important; everything else can be tailored.

13. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

14. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

Is this better? But no shoes! http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...l/DSCF2180.jpg
    that fit is good, but i don't know i don't like it. i think the waist is off for some reason, doesn't have a nice v-shape to it. but it does fit you well otherwise. and the arms are maybe 0.5-1" too long?

15. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

idk if wool stretches..