MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ruzzi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Nogo

Nogo Active Member

Looks good to me. Where did you get it?

This is the US Navy issued one. My friend who's currently enlisted hooked me up with the pea coat so I guess it's Sterlingwear.

It's a 36S by the way.

2. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

So my peacoat FINALLY came in and I love the way it fits! Some fit pics are posted and for reference, my sizing is; 5'7" with 37 chest.

(Had to crop some of the picture out for it to be small enough to post)

Looks good, fit is pretty good too.

Is it black or charcoal? It's kind of hard to tell from the pics.

3. VictorC

VictorC Senior member

Looks good to me. Where did you get it?

Does it look good to you? Well i dont know if its just my Pc but the coat is so dark that i can barely see the detail of it. Hard what to make of the coat.

4. Caesar Augustus

Caesar Augustus Senior member

Does it look good to you? Well i dont know if its just my Pc but the coat is so dark that i can barely see the detail of it. Hard what to make of the coat.

They are better than the pictures I posted of my coat. I can see enough details on my Mac to get a good idea.

5. Nogo

Nogo Active Member

Looks good, fit is pretty good too.

Is it black or charcoal? It's kind of hard to tell from the pics.

It's black I believe. And that's the best I could do with a blackberry. If yall want I can try uploading a better quality.

6. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

1) Is it possible to tailor the sleeves of a peacoat to make them longer if they are a bit too short? I never thought this was possible but someone couple pages back mentioned they might do this.

2) When wearing a peacoat you overlap the LEFT side on top of the right, correct?

3) Is it okay if I button all of the buttons? I dont understand why the last one should be left open?

7. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

1) Is it possible to tailor the sleeves of a peacoat to make them longer if they are a bit too short? I never thought this was possible but someone couple pages back mentioned they might do this.

It depends on how much material is left in the sleeve to do so.

8. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

It depends on how much material is left in the sleeve to do so.

How much material is left in the width of the sleeve? Thanks.

9. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

How much material is left in the width of the sleeve? Thanks.

I don't know, check your jacket.

I doubt there will be very much, a pea coat isn't like a suit jacket or SC where there is extra material left there expressly because they expect people to tailor it.

10. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

Anyone tried the Schott slim-fit peacoat?

11. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Anyone tried the Schott slim-fit peacoat?

Search this thread. I have, the wool is very scratchy and sheds a lot.

12. 2balls

2balls Senior member

Here are some photos of my 38R Sterlingwear Authentic. For reference: 5'9'' 180lbs 40" p2p 33" waist The jacket looked like a good fit, but it was pretty uncomfortably tight around my back/shoulders. The sleeves felt really short when I lifted my arms (see image) and I couldn't lift my arms above my head :\\ So yeah... I liked the fit/look, but at the expense of comfort. So nope, gonna send this baby back to Boston and get me a ToJ pcoat [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. airbosh

airbosh New Member

Here are some photos of my 38R Sterlingwear Authentic. For reference: 5'9'' 180lbs 40" p2p 33" waist The jacket looked like a good fit, but it was pretty uncomfortably tight around my back/shoulders. The sleeves felt really short when I lifted my arms (see image) and I couldn't lift my arms above my head :\\ So yeah... I liked the fit/look, but at the expense of comfort. So nope, gonna send this baby back to Boston and get me a ToJ pcoat [​IMG]
    Thanks for the review!! The coat doesn't look that tight thou? Were you wearing tshirt/sweater or layer underneath it? I'm going to try 38L and see how that goes. Thanks again!!

14. 2balls

2balls Senior member

Thanks for the review!!

The coat doesn't look that tight thou? Were you wearing tshirt/sweater or layer underneath it?

I'm going to try 38L and see how that goes.

Thanks again!!

In the photos I'm only wearing a t-shirt underneath. I think 38L would have been better for me, but I don't feel like going through the hassle of sending things back and forth. For reference, my shoulder-wrist length is 23.5". In regards to the coat being too tight- If I were to lift both my arms, it becomes so tight and restricted that I wouldn't be able to raise them above eye level (if that makes sense). I feel like the waist could be taken in a bit as well. fml for being so disproportionate... [​IMG]

15. Chicago

Chicago Active Member

Anyone willing to make a case for a certain model of the Stearlingwear peacoat? I've finally managed to pin down my size, but I cannot decide which coat to pick. Every time I think I've decided I start to rethink things from the beginning.

Anyone who has the Authentic, do you find it too bulky with the fleece lining?