• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

phphl

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what Meermin responded to my email. What colour is maracca though?

http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=4065
smile.gif

phphl

Reaction score
Snuff is my choice! Just need to figure out the right size for me before i pull the trigger. Anyone able to advise further?

I've got two pairs of loafers in Ron last and one pair of country calf double monk in Hiro last. They are all in UK 7.5. While Meermin suggested, as they did to other SF members, that the size for Ron and Hiro is the same, I reckon that my double monk is slightly longer than my loafers (around 4-5 mm in terms of the outer-sole length) and I do find considerably more room in the toe box of my double monk. I am not sure if that was just because of manufacturing error though... Would be most grateful if you guys can enlighten me on this...

Reckon I may go half a size larger if I'm to place an order for the string loafer...

Scotty

Reaction score
My order took two months, and I live Spain. After one month I sent an e-mail and they told me I'd receive an invoice soon. Took another month!
I though a pair of shoes of the classic line would be already made and ready to send but that didn't seem the case with these at least.
Shoes are nice and fit well, though. So I won't complain...

----

[Has anybody recently had problems with delivery from Meermin?

I ordered two pairs of LM shoes (plum museum calf and black freudenberg calf) over 6 weeks ago and still have not received an invoice. So far, there have been no reactions to my emails. It is my first order from them and I am just wondering whether other people had the same problem and whether it is worth waiting...]

Last edited:

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got two pairs of loafers in Ron last and one pair of country calf double monk in Hiro last. They are all in UK 7.5. While Meermin suggested, as they did to other SF members, that the size for Ron and Hiro is the same, I reckon that my double monk is slightly longer than my loafers (around 4-5 mm in terms of the outer-sole length) and I do find considerably more room in the toe box of my double monk. I am not sure if that was just because of manufacturing error though... Would be most grateful if you guys can enlighten me on this...

Reckon I may go half a size larger if I'm to place an order for the string loafer...
To answer this and someone else's question earlier, my experience with Hiro and Ron have been opposite to most and what Meermin recommends. Hiro fits me well - especially my two pairs in suede - right out of the box in 7.5 UK. But I was swimming in my 7.5 UK pair of loafers in the Ron last, to the point that I had to go to a cobbler and try to get them to fit an insert that would take up some of the length. It was at least half a size too long for me, and in retrospect I should have sent them back. Ended up flogging them on eBay minus the Meermin insole. But my experience seems to be unusual in that regard.

Lexyyy

Reaction score

To answer this and someone else's question earlier, my experience with Hiro and Ron have been opposite to most and what Meermin recommends. Hiro fits me well - especially my two pairs in suede - right out of the box in 7.5 UK. But I was swimming in my 7.5 UK pair of loafers in the Ron last, to the point that I had to go to a cobbler and try to get them to fit an insert that would take up some of the length. It was at least half a size too long for me, and in retrospect I should have sent them back. Ended up flogging them on eBay minus the Meermin insole. But my experience seems to be unusual in that regard.
I know of someone from another forum who share the same experience as you. He sized down half from his size in Hiro but still found the ron a tad too long.

I just got a reply from Meermin recommending me to size down half from my hiro size based on the feet measurements i sent them.

Last edited:

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know of someone from another forum who share the same experience as you. He sized down half from his size in Hiro but still found the ron a tad too long.

I just got a reply from Meermin recommending me to size down half from my hiro size based on the feet measurements i sent them.
There you go - best of luck!

techaview

Reaction score

I am having the same issue.

I have olfe and hiro both in UK8 but hiro is a tricky last for me. Hiro in UK8 is a little tad big for me but i can still wear it without heel slippage with thick sock. I guess UK7.5 will be just right for me.

With this experience i went for RON last in UK7.5. But it is much bigger for me even with thick sock. Can only wear it after foot petal and thick sock. Hence listing it up for sale and probably changing it to UK7 instead.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried Ron loafers in 9.5UK and I'm a 10.5D US. More heel slip than I wanted in the 9.5 and I think a 9 would have been too tight. Would have been a perfect fit if they had a 9.25UK. I'd say equal amounts of room in the toe box, but less heel slip in the 9.5UK Hiro DMs on my feet right now.

sarteaga

Reaction score
Quote:
The double monk on the Hiro is slightly larger due to being a double monk according to Pepe and Sandro. I tried on the Ron last while I was at their Madrid shop and it fit just like the Hiro.

SwissGent

Reaction score
Just piled an order in for a pair of plum museums.

Hope I don't have to wait 6 weeks!
Ok, finally heard back from them, apparently there was a problem with the delivery of plum museum calf leather. They told me the black ones would be ready next week, the plum ones in 15 days. So I imagine you may have to wait a bit...

golfinz

Reaction score
I sized down one whole size from my US size when I got my meermin double monks in the hiro last - this was per recommendation from Luisa. She recommended that I size down a half if I was going to order a shoe on the new ray last. My hiro last fits very nice

esoxm

Reaction score

Picked these up almost a year ago, and they've been worn a few times a week ever since. Overall I'm satisfied with the shoes and will continue to buy from Meermin.

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good evening Sirs,

We really hope you are doing great!

We would like to give you all an update with some new models we started offering yesterday for the summer campaign.

1.- The #101512 our string loafer. Great for the upcoming spring/season, now available in Navy & Snuff Rapello suede, also in Maracca suede coming next week!

Featuring a 100% handsewn apron & our new full grain vegetable tanned in sock liner. A thicker & more natural leather that will age beautifully.

2.- We are also preparing a suede spring chukka boot on the Hiro last, that is not ready yet, but it will in the coming weeks. We will keep you updated on it!

On a side note, and due to the high demand, we are glad to inform you that we have finished some samples on the new chiseled toe last the PARK. Here is a sneak peek of it, and in the coming days you'll see some more pictures & comparative pictures with other lasts. We really hope you'll like it!

Again, thank you very much for all your interest & support!

Best regards,

- The Meermin team -

- Meermin Mallorca Shoes -

If you need any further information or assistance please contact us at: [email protected]
MTO inquiries please email us at [email protected]

Facebook · Instagram · Tumblr · Twitter · Pinterest

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elstir2024