• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

totolino85

Reaction score
That's the pair that I've gotten so far and you're right, the look in person is amazing. It's refined and professional without being agressive. I had ordered the regular stitched oxford, but because of QC issues they weren't going to be able to ship it in time for a trip I was taking. Instead, Luisa offered to express ship the reverse stitched in their place and I'm very glad it worked out that way. I now have the dark brown double monks and the black wholecuts from the classic line on order as well as the burgundy side stiched oxford from the maestro. I'm definitely a fan.

Anyway, good luck on the next order.
I wanted to go Maestro too on the beginning but honestly in my work environment I'll be the one with the nicest looking shoes also with the Classic line, so I rather save 100 euro and buy my self 2 handmade shirts
smile.gif
(I got a guy who makes them totally mto for 55 euro,they still forever and fit like a glove) .

I also wanted the stiched ones, but dunno the stichless kind of grew on me while I was choosing so I went for the feeling! Did the right thing they look awesome!

I really believe if you can't go for C&J Lobb or EG , Meermin are the nicest looking shoes around (I really don't like Vass style and Carmina is bit more "old" looking to me..)
dunno Meermin is elegant but modern, I guess everyone has his own idea in those matters though
satisfied.gif
not really something you can say one is right or wrong!

Blok

Reaction score

This is what they were recommending. If your size in AE is X, they recommended X-1 in the classic line and X-0.5 in the maestro.

I only sized down 0.5 from my AE 5 last.

The New Rey last used in most of the Linea Maestro line is very narrow. Reminds me a bit of the AE 2 last. The standard fit in New Rey is 'E' width. Just looking at the Meermin last chart, I made a judgement call that I was not going to fit into a standard New Rey last at my normal size. The choice was either to go up in width or go up in size (length+width). I went with going up in just width (8.5E --> 8.5EE) for my MTO.

Here's a visual comparison of my AE Strand 9D (5 last), Meermin Classic 8.5 (Hiro last), Meermin Linea Maestro MTO 8.5EE (New Rey last)

Incidentally, I just received the Meermin Classic shoe in Hiro last. Took about 5 weeks from date of order. Including time to install the metal toe taps.

Last edited:

REguy

Reaction score
Thanks for those pictures. Very helpful.

wisluggo

Reaction score
Sorry for the complete noob question, but I have read through a bunch of the pages and I can't figure out what size would be best for me. I wear a 10.5 D in AE and Alden on the Tremont last.

The shoes I am looking at are on the New Rey last, so what should I be looking for size wise? Thanks for the help

minervau

Reaction score
My guess would be 10.5 on the New Rey, which is a very slim last and usually requires a half size up (but they use UK sizing which means a regular last like the Hiro will use half a size down).

FYI if you email them a sketch of your foot they will recommend a size for you.

Last edited:

ddsg

Reaction score
That's the pair that I've gotten so far and you're right, the look in person is amazing. It's refined and professional without being agressive. I had ordered the regular stitched oxford, but because of QC issues they weren't going to be able to ship it in time for a trip I was taking. Instead, Luisa offered to express ship the reverse stitched in their place and I'm very glad it worked out that way. I now have the dark brown double monks and the black wholecuts from the classic line on order as well as the burgundy side stiched oxford from the maestro. I'm definitely a fan.

Anyway, good luck on the next order.

I personally find the Hiro last to be a bit chunky and I'm not a huge fan of it for dress shoes. Put it on a more casual offering like the grain double monks, and it's a whole different story.

kcox68

Reaction score
I personally find the Hiro last to be a bit chunky and I'm not a huge fan of it for dress shoes. Put it on a more casual offering like the grain double monks, and it's a whole different story.
For me the Hiro rests in a sweet spot between the clunky, agressive AE and the sleek, but exaggerated, Magnanni. I can definitely understand, however, if your tastes differ. What I see as clunky, many see as solid, and my exaggerated is considered by others to be bold.

konda

Reaction score
The standard fit in New Rey is 'E' width.
No. The New Rey is E- which is very equivalent to a UK D or a US B. The New Rey is also extremely good for a low instep foot unlike the HIRO or the AMA.

Last edited:

Kenjias

Reaction score
No. The New Rey is E- which is very equivalent to a UK D or a US B. The New Rey is also extremely good for a low instep foot unlike the HIRO or the AMA.
konda, would you mind sharing more details on that info?
I have a low instep and, like you said, found New Ray to fit fine, despite my feet being pretty wide.
AMA didn't fit me at all so I agree with you here as well.

I kind of fancied ordering one of the HIRO dub monks, but wanted to have some idea of how it would fit.
Do you think it's a bad idea?
Thanks!

kcox68

Reaction score
So you guys are saying if one is a 7.5D in AE Park Ave, a 7 UK will suffice?
I went a full size up for Meermin's Hiro last versus AE so I don't know where the 1/2 size difference comes in unless you're speaking specifically of the New Rey last, which is very narrow. As I told someone else in this thread the other day, contact Meermin and ask them what they think as they are in the best position to give you proper information.

EndlessBreak

Reaction score

Here is a quick picture my father took of my double-monks. I won't have them in my hand until next Thursday, but, they look fantastic. Super excited!! Sorry for the lighting.
Thanks for taking the pic. Wow, perhaps my monitor is off, but this looks like a totally different color than Meermin's stock photo for the light brown calf.http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1950 Once you get the shoes in-hand, could you please post another photo as well as your impression of the color? Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads