Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. konda

konda Senior member

This sounds too odd to be true. This sounds like a misconception caused by a language barrier and that Pepe has actually meant the X-0.5 sizes is for the New Rey last (which is very true as also proven in this thread on multiple occasions). Definitely waiting for Sizzle's feedback based on his shoes.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013

2. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

A month, you will wait for this, but I'll provide it once they arrive. It definitely felt like a gamble ordering a size 6, but I wouldn't be surprised if they fit quite well.

3. kcox68

kcox68 Senior member

Sorry to hear your shoes didn't fit, Totolino. At least you're not so very far away so it's easier to return/exchange them.

4. konda

konda Senior member

Well I first ordered an AMA lasted wholecut. About 1,5 months. Didn't fit. Then ordered HIRO monks. 1,5 months. Didn't fit. Then ordered my MTO New Reys. 3 months. They fit like a charm. Sometimes it just takes time to find your size when you have to play with online orders.

5. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Amen.

The only true answer to "what size would I take in ____ if I'm a 9.5 on EG888..." etc. Nobody knows, dammit! Ask the vendor, order something and try it!

6. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

Unless the last is identical, there's no certainty in predicting how a shoe will fit. Like you said, at some point, you just have to try it.

7. kcox68

kcox68 Senior member

Agreed. There's a definite trade-off when dealing with an online vendor like Meermin who has great price and quality - you have to take some chances. It's worked out for me so far, but there's no way that everyone is going to fit comfortably into shoes that only come in one width. Maybe they'll expand operations and set up a U.S. storefront someplace now that they're gaining so many customers here. At least it would cut down on shipping charges and allow those in the area to try them on before buying.

8. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

I would add to that: I have two pairs of shoes on the same last in different sizes - the first was a derby, the second was an oxford and I had to upsize for sufficient room over the vamp. So definitely!

9. totolino85

totolino85 Well-Known Member

yeah well it happens when you buy online ,nobody's fault [​IMG]

Anyhow...I had the oxford 101273 http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1925 and believe me, they look way better on real than on pic! they are AMAZING! I'm used to church's that not later than a year ago I thought be the best shoes you can find around , well those are on another planet as look and general quality feeling, for 1\3 of the price!

I simply love the Hiro last, is bit more pointy than in pics but are a beauty... also the double monks are amazing btw, they look like the william 2 lobb (as shape :p) ,I'll never have the money to buy them so dunno about the quality [​IMG]

anyhow, now I can say it , it doesn't get any better than meermin if you're 20\30\40 years old and you cant' spend more than 2\300 euro for a pair of shoes! Loake,Allen Edmonds may be same\better quality but they don't look even remotely as nice! Will buy all my shoes from them from now on ,found my Graal[​IMG]

10. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

I just wish they would up the variety of tan/lighter shoes with spring/summer right around the corner.

11. kcox68

kcox68 Senior member

That's the pair that I've gotten so far and you're right, the look in person is amazing. It's refined and professional without being agressive. I had ordered the regular stitched oxford, but because of QC issues they weren't going to be able to ship it in time for a trip I was taking. Instead, Luisa offered to express ship the reverse stitched in their place and I'm very glad it worked out that way. I now have the dark brown double monks and the black wholecuts from the classic line on order as well as the burgundy side stiched oxford from the maestro. I'm definitely a fan.

Anyway, good luck on the next order.

12. GregoireLambert

GregoireLambert New Member

I cannot find any information about their MTO program on the website (contact, process etc.) I sent an email via the "contact" section but had no answer.
    Have I just missed something or is the program cancelled/ currently on hold due to the huge order volumes?

13. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

14. Preparatory

Preparatory Senior member

15. InIgnemAeternum

InIgnemAeternum Member

I took these pictures when I received my pair in the fall, along with a few other goodies.
    I would say that they are pretty sleek, but a bit on the conservative side compared to some of the more narrow lasts they offer.
    There was a pair of Burgundy wholecuts that were uploaded to Meermin's tumblr recently. They should give you a better idea of how they will look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]