• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

konda

Reaction score
This sounds too odd to be true. This sounds like a misconception caused by a language barrier and that Pepe has actually meant the X-0.5 sizes is for the New Rey last (which is very true as also proven in this thread on multiple occasions). Definitely waiting for Sizzle's feedback based on his shoes.

Last edited:

TheSizzle

Reaction score
This sounds too odd to be true. This sounds like a misconception caused by a language barrier and that Pepe has actually meant the X-0.5 sizes is for the New Rey last. Definitely waiting for Sizzle's feedback based on his shoes.

A month, you will wait for this, but I'll provide it once they arrive. It definitely felt like a gamble ordering a size 6, but I wouldn't be surprised if they fit quite well.

kcox68

Reaction score
got mine today!

not fitting
baldy[1].gif

I went for the same size of church's as suggested me by sandro, the lenght is ok but the feet is really not fitting inside
censored.gif

Now i don't know if to go for a half size more or 1 ..

I hate buying shoes online
biggrin.gif

first time I'll be in Madrid or in Mallorca i'll take 2000 euro with me and buy shoes till the end of my days !!!
Sorry to hear your shoes didn't fit, Totolino. At least you're not so very far away so it's easier to return/exchange them.

konda

Reaction score
Well I first ordered an AMA lasted wholecut. About 1,5 months. Didn't fit. Then ordered HIRO monks. 1,5 months. Didn't fit. Then ordered my MTO New Reys. 3 months. They fit like a charm. Sometimes it just takes time to find your size when you have to play with online orders.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Well I first ordered an AMA lasted wholecut. About 1,5 months. Didn't fit. Then ordered HIRO monks. 1,5 months. Didn't fit. Then ordered my MTO New Reys. 3 months. They fit like a charm. Sometimes it just takes time to find your size when you have to play with online orders.

Amen.

The only true answer to "what size would I take in ____ if I'm a 9.5 on EG888..." etc. Nobody knows, dammit! Ask the vendor, order something and try it!

TheSizzle

Reaction score
Amen.

The only true answer to "what size would I take in ____ if I'm a 9.5 on EG888..." etc. Nobody knows, dammit! Ask the vendor, order something and try it!

Unless the last is identical, there's no certainty in predicting how a shoe will fit. Like you said, at some point, you just have to try it.

kcox68

Reaction score
Unless the last is identical, there's no certainty in predicting how a shoe will fit. Like you said, at some point, you just have to try it.
Agreed. There's a definite trade-off when dealing with an online vendor like Meermin who has great price and quality - you have to take some chances. It's worked out for me so far, but there's no way that everyone is going to fit comfortably into shoes that only come in one width. Maybe they'll expand operations and set up a U.S. storefront someplace now that they're gaining so many customers here. At least it would cut down on shipping charges and allow those in the area to try them on before buying.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I would add to that: I have two pairs of shoes on the same last in different sizes - the first was a derby, the second was an oxford and I had to upsize for sufficient room over the vamp. So definitely!

totolino85

Reaction score
Sorry to hear your shoes didn't fit, Totolino. At least you're not so very far away so it's easier to return/exchange them.
yeah well it happens when you buy online ,nobody's fault
smile.gif

Anyhow...I had the oxford 101273 http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1925 and believe me, they look way better on real than on pic! they are AMAZING! I'm used to church's that not later than a year ago I thought be the best shoes you can find around , well those are on another planet as look and general quality feeling, for 1\3 of the price!

I simply love the Hiro last, is bit more pointy than in pics but are a beauty... also the double monks are amazing btw, they look like the william 2 lobb (as shape :p) ,I'll never have the money to buy them so dunno about the quality
biggrin.gif

anyhow, now I can say it , it doesn't get any better than meermin if you're 20\30\40 years old and you cant' spend more than 2\300 euro for a pair of shoes! Loake,Allen Edmonds may be same\better quality but they don't look even remotely as nice! Will buy all my shoes from them from now on ,found my Graal
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

TheSizzle

Reaction score
I just wish they would up the variety of tan/lighter shoes with spring/summer right around the corner.

kcox68

Reaction score
yeah well it happens when you buy online ,nobody's fault
smile.gif

Anyhow...I had the oxford 101273 http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1925 and believe me, they look way better on real than on pic! they are AMAZING! I'm used to church's that not later than a year ago I thought be the best shoes you can find around , well those are on another planet as look and general quality feeling, for 1\3 of the price!

I simply love the Hiro last, is bit more pointy than in pics but are a beauty... also the double monks are amazing btw, they look like the william 2 lobb (as shape :p) ,I'll never have the money to buy them so dunno about the quality
biggrin.gif

anyhow, now I can say it , it doesn't get any better than meermin if you're 20\30\40 years old and you cant' spend more than 2\300 euro for a pair of shoes! Loake,Allen Edmonds may be same\better quality but they don't look even remotely as nice! Will buy all my shoes from them from now on ,found my Graal
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
That's the pair that I've gotten so far and you're right, the look in person is amazing. It's refined and professional without being agressive. I had ordered the regular stitched oxford, but because of QC issues they weren't going to be able to ship it in time for a trip I was taking. Instead, Luisa offered to express ship the reverse stitched in their place and I'm very glad it worked out that way. I now have the dark brown double monks and the black wholecuts from the classic line on order as well as the burgundy side stiched oxford from the maestro. I'm definitely a fan.

Anyway, good luck on the next order.

GregoireLambert

Reaction score
I cannot find any information about their MTO program on the website (contact, process etc.) I sent an email via the "contact" section but had no answer.
Have I just missed something or is the program cancelled/ currently on hold due to the huge order volumes?

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I cannot find any information about their MTO program on the website (contact, process etc.) I sent an email via the "contact" section but had no answer.
Have I just missed something or is the program cancelled/ currently on hold due to the huge order volumes?

Reaction score
Anyone got these?

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1920

Are they sleek or not so?

I took these pictures when I received my pair in the fall, along with a few other goodies.
I would say that they are pretty sleek, but a bit on the conservative side compared to some of the more narrow lasts they offer.
There was a pair of Burgundy wholecuts that were uploaded to Meermin's tumblr recently. They should give you a better idea of how they will look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads