1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Senior member

TS: Is the plum museum calf going to be on this modified chiseled last or is it just the chukkas in hatchgrain that will be made up on this last?

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  2. striker

striker Senior member

We can always ask for a rerun of the MTO on the new last if there is enough interest. Just like the Brown Museum Oxford.

3. esoxm

esoxm Senior member

New last looks great- hope to see it showing up in their rtw range.

4. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

I don't think they will use this last for the RTW range but I will ask Pepe about it. This last was designed only for special orders I think so the number of last made is limited; maybe 1 for each size
    Nope, this will be only applicable for the hatchgrain; the last still needs to be refined but it will be ready by the time the hatchgrain MTO is initiated.

Any further thoughts/comments/feedback on the new last? It will be much appreciated [​IMG]

5. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

Also, the reason I have chosen dark brown as color of the lining inside the shoe is because I wanted to resemble the shoe below:

[​IMG]

Also, for this MTO, the words 'SPECIAL EDITION' will be stamped in the insole of the shoe [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

Is it possible to have a more elongated toebox for the wholecut.
    The last shoes posted appear a lot squarer/stubier that the original hatchgrain photos.

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  7. Prosper0

Prosper0 Member

Hi everyone,
    Meermins are my first "proper" shoes (good year welted, good quality leather etc.) and I would appreciate your advice on the following.

I have now owned my first pair of Meermins (Classic line Double Monks) for about 6 weeks, wearing them 2-3 times per week. Initially, the shoes felt really tight but in hindsight, I guess it might have been because they were so hard (even though they definitely weren't loose, either). Anyway, I broke them in quite quickly and now I have the problem that they are too loose around my ankle - to the point where my ankle is bouncing around when I walk, which is quite frustrating and uncomfortable, as I am sure you can imagine.

Is there anything to do about this? I was thinking of two things:

1) have additional holes made into the straps so I can buckle them tighter, but there, I am afraid that it might look just bad or disproportioned.
    2) Somehow (not sure how) have some padding added around the ankle in the back part of the shoe, so it does not bounce.

What do you think?

FYI I have taken size 7,5 UK after measuring my feet using Allen Edmonds sizing guide, where I got an 8. I also discussed with Louisa before ordering and agreed on this size.

TL,DR: Meermins broke in a lot and now my ankle is loose when walking. What to do?

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  8. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

3 places are needed to reach the 25 for the Brown Museum Calf MTO Mk.II

I can't send our orders off until we've reached that magical number. A few people have pulled out, and others aren't responding to my PM's.

So if anyone is interested in joining in on the MTO, please PM me.

Cheers,

Alex

9. wombus

wombus Well-Known Member

I've seen 'heel pads' and 'tongue pads' which basically are adhesive backed felt that can give a bit of extra tightness where needed - I have no personal experience with them, but the idea is certainly preferable to try to tighten the buckles more imo.

10. Karura

Karura Active Member

Where are the details for this shoe? Kinda interested.

11. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

12. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Any updates on the austerity brogue boot MTO?

Btw, it seems like meermin is bringing out lots of new models at the moment. They should really focus on getting their QC up to par before extending their range of shoes.

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  13. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Sorry, not as yet. I'll email Pepe for a sitrep

14. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Cheers!

15. Marbles

Marbles Senior member

There are a number of styles they already produce that weren't on the website, so this may have nothing to do with new production.

1 person likes this.
  16. MRMstl

MRMstl Senior member

Just received an invoice and paid for my first pair of Meermin. Model 102461 navy calf. If they arrive quickly enough and there is still availability on this MTO, I will likely join. What is the last?

Thanks
    -MRM

17. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Got hit with UPS bill of almost $40 for my MTO.

18. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

Speaking of duties. What are other Canadians seeing the duties being charged for Meermin shoes? I did a quick search on Canada customs, it appears to be 18%, can anybody confirm? Do they charge 18% and HST/GST as well? If we were part national dance association or ballet, we would be exempt from the duties!

19. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Austere boot boys. Pepe says he'll send pics of the sample boot tomorrow!!

3 people like this.
  20. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Awesome!

1 person likes this.