• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with the ben last? I'm worried that it might look a little stubby, but the New Rey is way too narrow. Hatchgrain chukka would be the sechs.

Edit: Saw some photos on Google. We need the Ben!

Brown hatchgrain
G&G Arran design chukka / C&J Tetbury (?)
Rubber sole
Ben last
? lining

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am torn between a wholecut and a chukka boot; Chukka most likely will be in the Ben last as I like the chiselled look. For the wholecut, I am trying to have an existing last modified for this MTO so that it will be along the lines of a G&G.

But maybe I'll offer it in 2 designs so you guys can choose =)

I am interested in chukka like GG Arran or Silverstone from EG. I would prefer the area around ankle to be unlined. In my experience these chukkas are much more comfortable than fully lined chukka. Also 3 eyelets instead of 2. Please no purple lining. Everything else is open for discussion.

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

burghler

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with the ben last? I'm worried that it might look a little stubby, but the New Rey is way too narrow. Hatchgrain chukka would be the sechs.

Edit: Saw some photos on Google. We need the Ben!

Brown hatchgrain
G&G Arran design chukka / C&J Tetbury (?)
Rubber sole
Ben last
? lining

Agreed. The Arran is a great looking chukka, though I couldn't argue with a hatchgrain wholecut. This is from Rugged Old Salt:
tumblr_lzq3v8Y0ms1qad1efo1_1280.jpg

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I fully agree, and there is nothing stopping two MTOs at the same time. Personally, I'm looking for people for the chukka.

totolino85

Reaction score
got mine today!

not fitting
baldy[1].gif

I went for the same size of church's as suggested me by sandro, the lenght is ok but the feet is really not fitting inside
censored.gif

Now i don't know if to go for a half size more or 1 ..

I hate buying shoes online
biggrin.gif

first time I'll be in Madrid or in Mallorca i'll take 2000 euro with me and buy shoes till the end of my days !!!

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys.Like I have mentioned, nothing is set yet so I appreciate your suggestions; need to sort out somethings with Pepe first regarding this potential MTO
smile.gif

but its great to see such great interest in this potential MTO
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great to hear, please keep us updated!

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great to hear, please keep us updated!

Will definitely do that!
biggrin.gif

for those who have sent me emails,PM's and voicemails, i'll definitely reply.Just that I have to sort through all of it first!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads