• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Major Kitchen Appliances

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
LOL. Yeah, I guess we're getting anal retentive about it.

This is a big deal for us. It's the house we plan to spend the next 20+ years in. We're trying to really make this special (for us) and keep within our budget. Since it's a custom build, a lot of this is all on us. My wife is even worse and spent at least 10 hours drawing our house into one of her engineering programs. She even has the turning radi for our garages and parking area figured out.
inlove.gif
I've been cruising websites for fountains in another tab all week.

I can't wait to break ground (April or May 2010) and start posting pics. Heck, let me post that floor plan again
smile.gif

Floorplan.jpg

wha'ts with the weird angles in the upper-right?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
wha'ts with the weird angles in the upper-right?

Not sure what you mean. The only two slighty "weird" ones are the closets in two of the spare bedrooms.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean. The only two slighty "weird" ones are the closets in two of the spare bedrooms.

from what looks like the kitchen extends a diagonal hallway. It cuts into the rooms on the right of the house cauing the rooms to have corners with obtuse angles instead of 90 degree angles.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
from what looks like the kitchen extends a diagonal hallway. It cuts into the rooms on the right of the house cauing the rooms to have corners with obtuse angles instead of 90 degree angles.
Yup. Separates the kitchen space from the living room space, and accesses utility room, 3 spare rooms, and garage without a lot of lost floor space. It looks busy on paper, but we walked a house they built with a similar take on that wing. It really flows nicely and gives closets a nice amount of space. Oh, there's no floor layout indicating there's two bathrooms there too. The two top rooms flow into a jack and jill toilet/shower but each have their own private vanity. The room just above the kitchen is a bathroom that also opens into the adjoining room. IMO, works very nicely.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is it just one floor? don't see any stairs... Where's the cellar go?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Is it just one floor? don't see any stairs... Where's the cellar go?

One floor. Basements don't often happen where I live. It's just under 4900 sq feet, so it's not like I need a basement. Our Vinotemp will slide into the nook directly to the left of the front door, by the powder room.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Woah, 4900 sq. feet on one floor? It's bigger than it looks then...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Woah, 4900 sq. feet on one floor? It's bigger than it looks then...

It's a nice, rambling floorplan, and keeps the guest rooms and kitchen/family room away from the master bedroom wing.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL. Yeah, I guess we're getting anal retentive about it.

This is a big deal for us. It's the house we plan to spend the next 20+ years in. We're trying to really make this special (for us) and keep within our budget. Since it's a custom build, a lot of this is all on us. My wife is even worse and spent at least 10 hours drawing our house into one of her engineering programs. She even has the turning radi for our garages and parking area figured out.
inlove.gif
I've been cruising websites for fountains in another tab all week.

I can't wait to break ground (April or May 2010) and start posting pics. Heck, let me post that floor plan again
smile.gif

Floorplan.jpg

Am I to assume this is a "no children" house plan?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
Am I to assume this is a "no children" house plan?
You are. The master suite is about 1800 sq feet
smile.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You are. The master suite is about 1800 sq feet
smile.gif

I see two big closets. I take it the smaller room off of the entrance is your shoe closet?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Wife is down on the Bosch ovens now. Can't seem to get ceramic racks. This is a big deal to her, as only ceramic racks can be left in for the self-cleaning function.

So they say, at any rate. I leave the metal racks in, and have not had a problem so far.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I see two big closets. I take it the smaller room off of the entrance is your shoe closet?

Plumbing fixtures are not pictured. The small room across from the entrance and near the door to the master suite will be a powder room. That is one nice walk in off the master, isn't it?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Manton
So they say, at any rate. I leave the metal racks in, and have not had a problem so far.

Are the racks still shiny and smooth. She maintains that finish on the racks get compromised if you leave them in the self-cleaning mode. Thanks for the input again.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Plumbing fixtures are not pictured. The small room across from the entrance and near the door to the master suite will be a powder room. That is one nice walk in off the master, isn't it?
smile.gif

It's not too late! You have a big closet, but it's annoyign having to carry your shoes from the closet. The shoe closet needs to be near the entrance, and you're going to be there for 20 yrs. That's a lot of shoes!

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

Are the racks still shiny and smooth. She maintains that finish on the racks get compromised if you leave them in the self-cleaning mode. Thanks for the input again.

The finish does suffer, I just don't care.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads