• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Major Kitchen Appliances

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
My wife, the engineer, has used one of her fancy programs to re-design the kitchen yet again. Might not do an island cooktop, but periphery again. That'll make hood choice better. Oy, it's gonna be a long build time.

Btw, current plan is to break ground Mar-May 2010.

Watch your "triangle" -- I am a kitchen n00b, but even I know that one.
tounge.gif

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
now days you can have several, like a baking center with its own, a prep triangle, and of course the cooking triangle.

spence

Reaction score
Antirabbit, that's a very nice looking spread you have going there. I'm a pretty hardcore home cook and have a tiny kitchen in a little seaside cottage. There's so much crap crammed in there if I bought a new pot something would have to go.

Storage space, lord what I'd give for just a little storage space.

-spence

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
now days you can have several, like a baking center with its own, a prep triangle, and of course the cooking triangle.
That's what we're trying to achieve. A cooking center with a separate baking center. I'm the cook, she's the baker. On weekends she invariably starts to bake, just as I start to cook, and our current kitchen makes for tight quarters. We want distinct areas for ourselves, and also are trying to maximize storage space.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is why we have a 12 foot long island, there is a bank of cabinets and drawers by the ovens, and two prep areas for the cook top.

The dishwasher is next to the sink, the sink is like a bath tub, its huge.
There is a walk in pantry behind the ovens and freezer/fridge for additional storeage.

I dont have any finished pics with all the lighting and what not.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can't say that I'm a huge fan of cooktops. I like full-blown ranges. Your kitchen looks really nice though, antirabbit.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Threads like this make me want to buy a place now instead of in a few years. I can't wait to have a decked-out kitchen built to my specs.

Threads like this make me want to do my kitchen again (I won't, until I move).

Is that perverse?

We need to post pics of our appliances....Ill start.

I would, but I already feel like the kid at SF with the KC kicks.
confused.gif

FTR, I have a Bosch 24" dishwasher, an Amana 36" french-door fridge and a Profile 30" stove. It's an apartment...

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade

Is that perverse?

It almost makes you want to move to the suburbs.
laugh.gif

Anyway, as much as it pains me, I will hold-off. I'll ideally be moving around too much in the next few years. Once I settle down, I'll be posting one of these threads. You can bet that my kitchen will be pimptastic. ^_^

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade

Is that perverse?

I would, but I already feel like the kid at SF with the KC kicks.
confused.gif

FTR, I have a Bosch 24" dishwasher, an Amana 36" french-door fridge and a Profile 30" stove. It's an apartment...

What has been your experience with the Bosch DW?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What has been your experience with the Bosch DW?

We put one in, they do a good job, but realize that the Eurostyle dw's do not heat dry. So your dishes will be clean, but perhaps wet when you take them out.

Also, the famous smell...make sure your DW line goes higher than the drain line into the sink, that will prevent this smell.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good god guys... make sure you get some cooking classes to go along with that ****, otherwise it won't make much of a difference.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a stovetop. I am assuming by "range" you mean a free standing oven/stovetop combo? It is not. We shall have double ovens mounted in a different location. First, no grill. Straight five burner cooktop, with the middle burner being 18k BTU. Second, the beauty of the ovens we are getting is, you don't need to brown meat prior to roasting. The convection oven takes care of it. We saw the demonstration today
smile.gif
We're not big on flambes either, so we should be good. Notice I'm going 42" hood over a 36" rangetop also
smile.gif

Would a range and the double ovens be out of the question? I ask since your wife bakes and you cook....I know that I am always staging things for the two ovens -- when to put the pie in when there's a roast, an appetizer and Yorkshire puddings? As for the flambes, even when deglazing with a spirit there is something about the volatility, or I don't know, but it seriously heads right for my smoke detectors. So if you can uprate without changing overall size, it might be worth considering. Good choice in going bigger than the range size, though.
Originally Posted by edmorel
I did the grill/griddle combo and went with 1400 cfm
You know, coming from you, there's a joke to be made, but I'm not the one to make it.
My wife, the engineer, has used one of her fancy programs to re-design the kitchen yet again. Might not do an island cooktop, but periphery again. That'll make hood choice better. Oy, it's gonna be a long build time. Btw, current plan is to break ground Mar-May 2010.
LOL, I like her already!
Those are the major....
Awesome island. This is me. http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...8&d=1231476392

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman

This is me.

http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...8&d=1231476392

Nice kit. Is that a sophit above the cabinets? I have that now but will be going up all the way to celing with the new cabinets.

Any thoughts on Electrolux DW? I am not going to pay the ridiculous premium for a Thermador/Viking washer given that we very rarely use the DW but want something with no branding on the door and one that is not plastic inside. The Electrolux fits the bill and it is under $900. Wondering if I am missing any others.

Originally Posted by randallr
wolf ranges and subz fridges

Less talk pleaz, more pics of girl to my PM, thxbai.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nexalynsvindelno