• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

Figured I'd post in this thread as the shoes are made in Spain?

I purchased these LWB from Sons of Henrey a while back and I have a little bit of heel slip when wearing them. Will the heel slip eventually go away as the shoe breaks in?

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Gents,

I purchased these LWB from Sons of Henrey a while back and I have a little bit of heel slip when wearing them. Will the heel slip eventually go away as the shoe breaks in?

Maybe. With a cork footbed and leather board heel counter, there is some chance your foot will sit better/lower in the shoe over time wearing them and/or the heel counter may start to take the shape of your heel better.

But since this is a lace up derby, have you tried to make the lacing very tight to clamp your foot into the shoe tighter? Usually with lace ups I can use some tight lacing to keep my foot mostly fixed in place. Might be a little snug up top, but better that than heel blisters!!!

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe. With a cork footbed and leather board heel counter, there is some chance your foot will sit better/lower in the shoe over time wearing them and/or the heel counter may start to take the shape of your heel better.

But since this is a lace up derby, have you tried to make the lacing very tight to clamp your foot into the shoe tighter? Usually with lace ups I can use some tight lacing to keep my foot mostly fixed in place. Might be a little snug up top, but better that than heel blisters!!!
I have tried that but didn't help that much. I'll just keep wearing to see what happens. Worst case is I just wear plain sport socks that look like dress socks but I know their not SF approved

BlueSteel

Reaction score
I have tried that but didn't help that much. I'll just keep wearing to see what happens. Worst case is I just wear plain sport socks that look like dress socks but I know their not SF approved

Yes - I often find that just a slight change in thickness of socks can solve minor fit problems with certain shoes!

Emil S

Reaction score
Gents,

Try to add a thin leather insole (plain leather or with cork below) and also try tounge ads. Both will help and prevent the heel slip. There is also heel grips to try in case thats still needed. Im probably not allowed to link but there is guides out there that can help you with more input.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

Eventually yes.

MrFingers

Reaction score
IMG_1503.jpeg

Selling these beauties. Cobbler Union Chelsea’s in size 9UK. Worn once. DM me! Located in Texas

bpt7594

Reaction score
For those who have both Carmina & TLB, how does the Picasso compare to the Simpson ? Most notably in the heel & instep?

hysteria

Reaction score
I personally don't notice much of a difference around the heel.
Simpson instep is lower. I find simpson to be a tad tight around that area but fits great after a stretch from the cobbler. The picasso instep is a bit loose and warrants a tongue pad for me.

GT3

Reaction score
I have two pairs of TLB's from the Artista line and really like them. Looking to get another pair of shoes and trying to decide if I want to get a third pair or try something different like Carmina or CU

Anyone have any suggestions?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads