• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men: Final Season

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
But all this just goes to support my point: if you're having a partners OPs review you are reviewing the media buys.

AldenPyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don hangin in the break room, every show is something I've never seen on TV before.

Still, I thought this show was best when it worked on both levels, you could enjoy the adventures of Draper and Sterling, and at the same time see emotional sides of people that dont get on screen much.

Somehow, I think they're short-changing some of the fun adventures Rizzo and Ginsburg must be having (and don't get me started on Trudie Campbell's erotic journey, Im working on some fan-fiction). I'd like to see a little more of that, for counterpoint, if nothing else.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Don hangin in the break room, every show is something I've never seen on TV before.

Still, I thought this show was best when it worked on both levels, you could enjoy the adventures of Draper and Sterling, and at the same time see emotional sides of people that dont get on screen much.

Somehow, I think they're short-changing some of the fun adventures Rizzo and Ginsburg must be having (and don't get me started on Trudie Campbell's erotic journey, Im working on some fan-fiction). I'd like to see a little more of that, for counterpoint, if nothing else.

Why would the writers spend any appreciable amount of screen time developing bit players like Rizzo and Ginsburg in the last season? For the most part this is the story of Don Draper and it would make zero sense to start telling "fun adventures" of support characters.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ginsburg had his chance. Didn't he have a story involving his father and one about him going on a blind date? Kinda uninteresting tbh

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why would the writers spend any appreciable amount of screen time developing bit players like Rizzo and Ginsburg in the last season? For the most part this is the story of Don Draper and it would make zero sense to start telling "fun adventures" of support characters.

Piob is right with the exception of the bolded portion above. The writers should definitely waste time with that.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Piob is right with the exception of the bolded portion above. The writers should definitely waste time with that.

pete_trudy_dance.gif

what I want to see in one of the final episodes is a flash forward.

flash the story forward to the early 80's, Lost-style and disorient everyone - maybe Peggy is a partner and she's lovingly bickering with Ken Cosgrove in a partners meeting (like Don and Sterling would do). everyone now in 80's clothes and working on things like Wendy's "where's the beef?" or Joe Isuzu campaigns and the challenger shuttle tragedy framing it.

i was in early childhood in the 80's but i remember the big thing was sentimental Long Distance Telephone calls commercials (because ATT had that huge monopoly and it was recently split up).

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

well, mad men does not do nudity so no great gain there. :(

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I remember reading something way, way back where Weiner was thinking of flashing forward to 2000s showing a disillusioned Don sitting in a chair ranting about Angry Birds or something like that

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I remember reading something way, way back where Weiner was thinking of flashing forward to 2000s showing a disillusioned Don sitting in a chair ranting about Angry Birds or something like that

Your timing is wrong. 2000s it's still CS, Starcraft, and Motorola Startech. Angry bird is a very recent game.

In 2010s Crane will be the douchbag startup evangelist taking his RTB ad exchange public for funding to buy his damn computer.

AldenPyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why would the writers spend any appreciable amount of screen time developing bit players like Rizzo and Ginsburg in the last season? For the most part this is the story of Don Draper and it would make zero sense to start telling "fun adventures" of support characters.[/quot

This show has always had time to indulge in the fun adventures of the junior people at the advertising agency. There is no reason to jump back from that in the last season. In fact,, there is a very strong reason to consider the fun adventures of the junior people. This show used to be fun and and it used to be funny. When was the last time this was funny? All of the long-term characters must make choices. It will inevitably seem like those choices are permanent since this is the last time we see them. All of the young people can make bad decisions w/o it being the end of the world.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

This show has always had time to indulge in the fun adventures of the junior people at the advertising agency. There is no reason to jump back from that in the last season. In fact,, there is a very strong reason to consider the fun adventures of the junior people. This show used to be fun and and it used to be funny. When was the last time this was funny? All of the long-term characters must make choices. It will inevitably seem like those choices are permanent since this is the last time we see them. All of the young people can make bad decisions w/o it being the end of the world.

For this to make any sense your contention must be that the show continues on in some fashion with the young people, as otherwise, it is indeed the last time we seem them too. Your argument is inconsistent.

As I explained to your previously the show has always been more or less the story of Don Draper. You finish telling the story of Don Draper in the time you have left if you're Weiner.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imho, the pressure of tying things up, and every arm chair critic having an opinion, makes it impossible to do some of the fun tangential things of seasons past. Many final seasons are like that.

As an aside, I will forever loathe BB for introducing this idea that you can split a final season into two seasons. 7 episodes does not a season make. Total horses **** to me. So mad.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
London Banker