• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

djs5150

Reaction score
Mine are softly lined and unfused.
Thanks so much for the reply. One more quick question. There are two choices when customizing the collar. First is the collar and the options are: Unfused Soft; Unfused Medium; Fused Soft; Fused Medium; and No Interlining. The second is the band and those options are the exact same. Could you tell me exactly what you put?
Also, do you wear your shirts casually?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, casually. And this is literally what I asked for when I ordered my shirts: SOFT unfused, but with some body so that the collar is not floppy.

djs5150

Reaction score
Yes, casually. And this is literally what I asked for when I ordered my shirts: SOFT unfused, but with some body so that the collar is not floppy.
Okay got it. So you didn’t go through the customization thing on the site? I’ve never ordered from Luxire before, but I’m going to give it a go. Just a little anxious because I want to get it right.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay got it. So you didn’t go through the customization thing on the site? I’ve never ordered from Luxire before, but I’m going to give it a go. Just a little anxious because I want to get it right.

Specify in text. Either in comment or mail. The website is just for browsing fabric and paying. This may cause your order to take some extra time in production but will allow you to get everything as you want.

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
CBK_04001_1800349_1.jpg

Olive Fine Twill Summer Chino
  • Soft and comfortable summer pants. With a bit of stretch for added comfort.
  • 99% Cotton, 1% Lycra 169 gms/5.5 Oz, Light weight, Perfect for summer Chinos,
  • Machine Wash Cold, Tumble Dry
https://luxire.com/products/olive-plain-summer-chino?variant=7498110959671#/

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Hi Luxire, can you tell me if the Tartan checks green/black/yellow is a flannel, twill or brushed cotton? It looks monstrously heavy and thick at 8+ oz.

This one is a bit on the heavier side, also it is a poly blend. It is an oxford weave.

You can consider, this, nice, soft twill.

alfredt

Reaction score
What is your experience with Luxire suggesting pattern improvements?

After the first pair I had made I requested feedback over e-mail and they suggested I start over completely using body measurements instead of trouser measurements. Since I had mostly seen poor results from that method in this thread I instead opted to provide new trouser measurements based on what I believed should be changed. This resulted in a much better fit as can be seen on the previous page.

Last week I once again sent over photos from this second pair requesting feedback on fixing the slight issues that remain and I received a reply today in which Luxire suggests they make the next order with "new methodology in which issues will be reduced". After I replied to ask what changes they had in mind specifically from the second pair they just said "we are using a new pattern technique in which we care about the shape of the pattern and critical areas angle will give you a better and clean fit".

I'm hesitant to just put in a new order without having any idea of what they will be changing. I also have a hard time believing their pattern technique changed significantly in the past four weeks which they seem to suggest. In previous posts in this thread I have seen many instances of Luxire providing very specific suggestions like taking in the back rise from the waistband while letting out the back rise from the crotch etcetera.

Should I just go ahead and trust them to improve the fit? Any input would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should I just go ahead and trust them to improve the fit? Any input would be very much appreciated.

Can you provide fit pics in this thread?

VL22

Reaction score
Did they mean using body measurements to correct your existing pattern or starting from skratch? Seems like an big risk to start over.

My first pair looked much worse (used only half waist and inseam) and they used pictures to correct that to a much better fit on my second pair.

alfredt

Reaction score
Did they mean using body measurements to correct your existing pattern or starting from skratch? Seems like an big risk to start over.

My first pair looked much worse (used only half waist and inseam) and they used pictures to correct that to a much better fit on my second pair.

I do I indeed believe they meant starting from zero yes, which is why I decided not to go that road.

Did they communicate with you what they would be changing for the second pair?

Vadim T

Reaction score
That same feeling when I ordered summer pants (linen and seersucker), but it's time to wear a sweater and jacket, and the pants are still not ready.
P1100285-1.jpg

I would recommend this fabric for workwear clothes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads