• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good is great and perfect does not exist. When working with (online) mtm one must accept that the path towards a good garment is part of the experience.

If one reads blogs about bespoke clothing, eg permanent style, one will quickly learn that bespoke garments are not perfect and that mistakes are made there as well. Copying a bespoke garment will not be perfect either as different cloths behave differently.

And all of a sudden you migth have a change of mind regarding style or fit and suddenly your perfect clothes are not perfect any more.

alfredt

Reaction score
So apparently my post sparked some discussion although I’m unsure it has anything to do with what I said.

I’m certainly not chasing a perfect fit and would not expect one going the Luxire road. What I am expecting is a fit better than any RTW after a couple of iterations which this thread has proven is very much possible. Given my height and body type even this first pair come close to hitting that mark after a trip to the tailor.

Now I would still very much appreciate some feedback on what I should change to improve the fit on the next iteration!

monkk

Reaction score
Im going to guess:

hes never done this

but he thinks its the best way to do it! maybe Im wrong?
Im going to guess:

hes never done this

but he thinks its the best way to do it! maybe Im wrong?

@shirtsnob , @patliean1 , @luxire did I say something so offensive? If yes, I apologise!

What I said is based on my experience (10 shirts, 2 polos, 10 trousers, 5 denims). My first trousers came way better than gentleman above but not perfect. However even after 5 attempt to improve they are not perfect. Luxire is more then patient and good at giving advises, however it's 2D working with pictures where the fit is 3D. I don't blame Luxire, but just give honest answer and advise to people, especially when I see such ill-fitting trousers. It will take (my guess, @luxire correct me if you can make it in one go?) 5 iterations to fix all issues and you will have 5 trousers which does not make you happy and close to 1k spent. For 1k you can get bespoke pants and send to Luxire. They do magic by taking real garment measurements.

Maybe some other people get lucky, maybe their physique just fits Luxire patterns, maybe.. My experience is that once you fix something, something else breaks and it's very hard to get it right.

Instead of showing you my results with Luxire, I'll show you my first trial fitting for bespoke pants. It's traveling tailor who took body measurements once by himself. Once luxire can provide first trial pants fitting like this I will change my mind, but now Luxire is good only for what they are good. Peace!

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no aplogie's needed!...you were not offensive

but have u ever sent bespoke slacks to Luxire?, and if so how did it work out?

it seems as tho u have not?.........

You bring up some great points that I agree with.

monkk

Reaction score
no aplogie's needed!...you were not offensive

but have u ever sent bespoke slacks to Luxire?, and if so how did it work out?

it seems as tho u have not?.........

You bring up some great points that I agree with.
Yes, I only have sent shirts and result was impressive as many others have reported. Never sent slacks, but Simon Crompton did, looked pretty good, knowing how he nit pick stuff I guess results were good.

I am sad to see guys getting first trial pants so dreadful, despite Luxire promises they have improved pattern making.. wegies, diapers, pulling, bunching all over the place. And you know, nobody does 5 trial pants, everybody wants quickly go for at least VBC flannel. They are no 50usd.

I would have thought such initial results would be normal until I tried bespoke. How come so huge difference?

Fine, don't go bespoke. As someone suggested earlier, by classic pants in BB, get them to local tailor, send to Luxire. They confirmed results were great. But then again Luxire said no need, they improved their pattern making. Well, maybe some just get not so lucky.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
People would get good and bad results earlier and they do get good and bad results now. I would not expect that to change 100%. The only hope is that ratio of good vs bad gets better and that is happening really well.

What has got ever better is the transition from poor fit to good fit in just the second iteration. The fit advise and pattern changes are much more effective now.

There can be many reasons for a poor fit. Not suggesting that all bad fits are customer errors though.
1. Measuring wrong
2. Making changes to measurements without compensating the other aspects - like increasing the inseam without increasing the outseam
3. Measure poorly fitting garments
4. Measure stretch pants and order non-stretch
5. Over/under compensate for changes - Increase hip 2" when 0.5" is needed.

We do see people doing any/many and all of these very often. We just work with the customer to get him to what he needs.

Xune

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Got yet another shirt question - anyone having experience with blue university stripes oxford fabric? My main interest is whether it's rather soft fabric and how well it irons. I have several royal oxfords (not from Luxire though) and while they look nicely, I feel they're rather stiff. I'd compare it to stiff fabric that "creases" and soft that "ripples". I'm looking for the second one :D IMO an example of soft fabric is Brisbane Moss chambray.

Also, @luxire - is houndstooth linen and G&R cellular currently in stock or you ran out of those ones?

Thanks in advance for any insight :)

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If there’s one thing I’ve learned about buying MTM and custom clothes from various makers over the past 8-10 years, it’s that chasing “perfection” can be the most frustrating and unsatisfying goal imaginable.

Very good point. Sometimes, you will get lucky and you will achieve perfection, or close to it. Other times, there will be something that you're not quite happy about - the feel of the trouser waistband, or the way the shirt collar sits.

The big advantage of MTM/custom is that you can order whatever you want (within reason). The big disadvantage is that you can't try it on beforehand!

RTW is the other way around - you can see it, feel it, try it on before buying to make sure that you're happy with it (or at least, prepared to accept imperfections), but you can only get what's on the rack.

ydilca

Reaction score
Been chasing the perfect fit for months and to no avail. I've given up on ProperCloth after some inconsistencies. Can I have some feedback for this fit from Luxire? I like how it fits arms down, but when I reach forward there is some armpit tightness. Thanks!

Attachments

• P6161219.JPG
    P6161219.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 109
  • P6161220.JPG
    P6161220.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 94
  • P6161221.JPG
    P6161221.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 79
  • P6161222.JPG
    P6161222.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 96
  • P6161224.JPG
    P6161224.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 119
Reaction score
Been chasing the perfect fit for months and to no avail. I've given up on ProperCloth after some inconsistencies. Can I have some feedback for this fit from Luxire? I like how it fits arms down, but when I reach forward there is some armpit tightness. Thanks!

Too loose under the arms and because your mid section protrudes, its give the effect of an incorrect fit. Shoulders, arms, chest, good, below that needs adjustment.

Color choice is incorrect and confusing.

you must attenuate your skin color. Olive/ green/ red, colorful colors will not work for you unless faded. You must go with colors lighter than your skin unless wearing Black. Fabric must be thinner and of good thread.

Wearing these kinds of colors will give resemble to lower class. Style and fashion should elevate status.

Stick to cream, white, light shade of color to base and use light shade color for pattern with variation of thinner stripes in teal, red, navy blue, gold.

Gold inlay with white/cream base is good also

Merci,

Count

ydilca

Reaction score
Too loose under the arms and because your mid section protrudes, its give the effect of an incorrect fit. Shoulders, arms, chest, good, below that needs adjustment.

Color choice is incorrect and confusing.

you must attenuate your skin color. Olive/ green/ red, colorful colors will not work for you unless faded. You must go with colors lighter than your skin unless wearing Black. Fabric must be thinner and of good thread.

Wearing these kinds of colors will give resemble to lower class. Style and fashion should elevate status.

Stick to cream, white, light shade of color to base and use light shade color for pattern with variation of thinner stripes in teal, red, navy blue, gold.

Gold inlay with white/cream base is good also

Merci,

Count

My mistake - I forgot to mention this shirt was a trial fit from Luxire and they have a small selection of fabrics/colors. I didn't want to spend a full amount for a shirt I am may not 100% satisfied with.

Which measurements would you suggest reducing for the looseness under the arms? Many thanks for your help!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads