• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

CDRiis

Reaction score
The thing is that I'm a small guy (the reason I'm trying MTM in the first place, nothing OTR fits), with a small head to top things off. Their default collar would completely swallow me, as it's huge proportionally to my size and build. I tried a large collar once from another MTM website and it looked like I'm wearing a collar with a little bit of shirt, lol. It looked like I have no neck (because the collar completely covered my neck) and that I'm even smaller than I really am. I don't wish to get a shirt I won't wear just because the collar dwarfs me. I eventually ended up writing a note with the order to include a link to an image of the collar I want. I also told them to make a sample collar and send me photos first, as per their recommendation via email. Do you think this would work?

Lux will pretty much do ANYTHING.
I have an oxford with a NOBD2 collar, that I got a local tailor to convert to a BD. It's definately a smaller BD. If I were you, I'd email them your thoughts asking for suggestions - they have excellent customer service - at least pre sales.

AmirF27

Reaction score
Lux will pretty much do ANYTHING.
I have an oxford with a NOBD2 collar, that I got a local tailor to convert to a BD. It's definately a smaller BD. If I were you, I'd email them your thoughts asking for suggestions - they have excellent customer service - at least pre sales.
I emailed them about it and they said they'd prefer measurements for the collar I want. But since I don't have those they said I should tell them in the notes to make a sample collar before proceeding with the rest of the shirt. They don't have good customer service after sale? Meaning after making your shirt and shipping it?

aj805

Reaction score
@AmirF27 I worked with them on a smaller collar also for similar reasons as you.

You may want to consider that sort of the point of a BD is to stand up, when it sounds like you want something that will lay down flatter and so not be so prominent. The BD that I made with them I asked for the "standard" but requested 1/4" off the height--which I think they just took out of the band--and also 1/4" shorter points. It worked out alright for me.

I also have made a modified version of the "NOBDII", which is a sort of "roma spread" collar. Unfused, it lays flatter than a BD and may work for you as well.

So generally I think you request that they make a collar style you like but slightly less tall and shorter points than standard. You could also take pictures of yourself in a too-big collar and provide Luxire the dimensions, that may be enough for them to suggest modifications to scale it down for you.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the options. I would like a small button down collar with a slight collar roll. How do I achieve this? Which collar type to choose and what measurements should I give? It's impossible to know how the collar would turn out just from measurements, especially since this is my first order.

if u live in a large city or at least where u have good shopping .....Id go shopping for a day!..have fun......try on shirts...buy shirts you like w/ the idea of returning them!.....take pics....take measurements.....send to LUX.....done!

you seem to overthink alot...lol...just get started..it will all work out..I used to get stuck on stuff myself.

small bd's may not have much of a roll...........try a brooks bros collar......look at proper cloth's colorado bd

Last edited:

AmirF27

Reaction score
@AmirF27 I worked with them on a smaller collar also for similar reasons as you.

You may want to consider that sort of the point of a BD is to stand up, when it sounds like you want something that will lay down flatter and so not be so prominent. The BD that I made with them I asked for the "standard" but requested 1/4" off the height--which I think they just took out of the band--and also 1/4" shorter points. It worked out alright for me.

I also have made a modified version of the "NOBDII", which is a sort of "roma spread" collar. Unfused, it lays flatter than a BD and may work for you as well.

So generally I think you request that they make a collar style you like but slightly less tall and shorter points than standard. You could also take pictures of yourself in a too-big collar and provide Luxire the dimensions, that may be enough for them to suggest modifications to scale it down for you.
I have placed the order already yesterday and provided collar measurements that I think would work. Is it too late or can I just email them and tell them to make their default collar but 1/4 smaller? Also, which BD collar did you choose?

AmirF27

Reaction score
if u live in a large city or at least where u have good shopping .....Id go shopping for a day!..have fun......try on shirts...buy shirts you like w/ the idea of returning them!.....take pics....take measurements.....send to LUX.....done!

you seem to overthink alot...lol...just get started..it will all work out..I used to get stuck on stuff myself.

small bd's may not have much of a roll...........try a brooks bros collar......look at proper cloth's colorado bd
Unfortunately I don't live in a big city, but I'm indeed going clothes shopping in a big city next week so I'll make sure to take measurements of any shirts I end up buying.

As for overthinking, yeah I guess I can overthink quite a bit sometimes. Lol. The thing is that the shirts aren't cheap at all and I don't wish to end up paying for something that ends up not looking the way I want.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some are rather cheap.........

its not too late, e mail them!

edit, Im half kidding about "cheap"....that is very subjective.

Last edited:

Edward_Bourn

Reaction score
I bought a trial shirt from Luxire in their pink and white gingham for some weeks ago. The best part is that I used the measurments from my MTM-shirts from Shirtonomy. I picked their Kamakura BD and choosed 9,5 cm collar point length and a band height at 3,5 cm :)

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eddie B

and y is that the best part?

some MTM co's use different parameters!

I hope the best part is a well fitting shirt that makes u happy

AmirF27

Reaction score
wasnt that your first?......

first try's are often in need of tweaks!

.......shoulda went a bit less costly.......you seem picky.....jus sayin
Yes it's my first shirt from Luxire, but I've used another MTM website before. Do you usually send them the shirt back for tweaks or do you have to pay for another shirt? Should I perhaps cancel the order and go for something cheaper? The one I ordered cost $130, but the cheapest one I saw was about $80 I think.

Edward_Bourn

Reaction score
Eddie B

and y is that the best part?

some MTM co's use different parameters!

I hope the best part is a well fitting shirt that makes u happy

I know that some brands use different parameters. I'm happy with the measurments from my shirts from Shirtonomy and I thought that it was easy to take those measurments to the trial shirt from Luxire. Have a nice weekend :)

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes it's my first shirt from Luxire, but I've used another MTM website before. Do you usually send them the shirt back for tweaks or do you have to pay for another shirt? Should I perhaps cancel the order and go for something cheaper? The one I ordered cost $130, but the cheapest one I saw was about $80 I think.

thats your call......

Id say 130 is very reasonable,......but keep in mind if u want tweaks, and chances are you will........u need to ship back to India if u prefer to work on that one shirt.

I never did...I just ordered one shirt at a time over 3-4 shirts to nail down a certain fit.......and many of us use more than one fit..like say a trim fitted shirt for sexy thin days......and a looser more comfy shirt say for fat days..lol

u could order a trial" shirt..they are under 80 iirc

I love the very affordable white pinpoint oxford and its 69.99!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads