• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

CorozoButton

Reaction score
I have 1 more on the way from Granata. Fingers crossed.
Do you mind if I ask how things are left with Luxire regarding this suit? Are you speaking regarding further alterations or have you/they decided that this is the final product?

As a couple of others have mentioned, would you be happy to share your thoughts on the suit?

eightace

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the Luxire website have a few issues?

I'm trying to put my pants measurements in, and I click on the 'Customise Fit' link, then the 'Measure your pants' link.

The explanatory text below each image is cut off.

Also, there's no image for where to take the hip measurement.

I've tried viewing on three different browsers, same problem on all three.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

BIGBILLYBIG

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Anyone got any idea which polo fabric is closest to the Sunspel Riviera? The styling of their polos looks a lot like the Riviera, but I'm not sure about the fabric. I read that the sport mesh was supposed to be close, but it has lycra in it which I do not care for.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
INCOMING REVIEWS!

Notes to consider: All of my trousers have been have been worn for at least 2 years or longer. Not a single issue or concern with durability on any fabric thus far. I order the same details every time: two inch cuffs, extended waistband closure, zip fly, and side adjusters.

Wool Rich Navy Pants
https://custom.luxire.com/products/wool-rich-navy-pants?variant=3847905220#/

Easy to wash and maintain at home. I own a wedding photography business on the side and these are my go to trousers. Light enough for spring/summer and being able to wash them at home is a huge plus. Not the smoothest fabric ever but they still feel like pure wool. A definite workhorse for everyday wear.

Minnis Fresco-Dark Blue Plain (3 ply)
https://custom.luxire.com/products/minnis-fresco-dark-blue-plainfresco_0533?variant=280431710#/

WRINKLE RESISTANCE and DRAPE PERFECTION! They should be for the price. Breathable enough for summer, and heavy enough for all but the coldest days of Chicago weather. I wear mine 4 seasons. Absolutely bulletproof. Note these are 3 ply rather than 2 ply hence the wonderful drape and cost. My favorite pair of Luxire trousers and I would stocked an entire wardrobe of them if they weren’t so expensive.

Navy Twill Chino
https://custom.luxire.com/products/navy-twill-chino

3 season wear (S/S/F). Expect a little fading and shrinkage over time but that’s part of the charm in my opinion. Because they are on the lighter side they don’t drape as well as the Light Tan Twill Chino but I actually like that personally. A no-nonsense value-friendly cotton fabric.

Dugdale Charcoal Grey Tweed (SOLD OUT & DISCONTINUED)
https://custom.luxire.com/products/...grey-tweed-dugdale_wf_13?variant=3868717764#/

Durable Fall/Winter perfection. Heavy, drapes extremely well, and no signs of fabric thinning in the crucial areas like the crotch or thighs. I really like the visual interest on the fabric too. Warm enough to wear commuting to work in single digit weather but not too warm for the office.

VBC 120s 2 Ply Rust (No Longer For Sale)
https://custom.luxire.com/products/vbc-vitale-barberis-canonico-120s-2-ply-rust-vbc_840_601_1847

3 Season wear (S/S/F). I like these lot but I haven’t found the rust color to work well in most of my wardrobe. The fabric is light but drapes enough to made into a full suit. Medium hand and fairly wrinkle resistant after a long office day.

Dugdale Light Grey Plain
https://custom.luxire.com/products/dugdale-light-grey-plain-8960?variant=283830950#/

My second favorite pair. I also wear these 4 seasons. Truthfully I have nothing to complain about this fabric as it hits all my required marks: Drapes well, durable (2 years going strong), holds a crease well, and has enough visual interest to separate itself from an orphaned pair of suit pants. MUST BUY!

Light Tan Twill Chino
https://custom.luxire.com/products/light-tan-twill-chino

Bulletproof cotton! I wish I could find more colors in this same exact fabric and weight. Very wrinkle resistant and robust enough for all but the hottest days. In my opinion these are the best “khakis” for the value and should be your Luxire collection. MUST BUY!

Wool Rich Khaki-Tan Pants
https://custom.luxire.com/products/wool-rich-khaki-tan-pants?variant=3922833540#/

See my review on the Wool Rich Navy Pants above. Same idea just different color obviously. The fact I bought these after the navy ones tells you how much I like Wool Rich fabric.

Off-White Twill Chino
https://custom.luxire.com/products/off-white_twill_chinos?variant=434931857#/

Super soft but more white than off-white. I tried making these into a formal pair of trousers but the softness means the fabric hardly holds a crease. Would make a great pair of super casual trousers however. As a black dude I have not found these to be transparent as long as you wear underpants similar in tone to your flesh.

AmirF27

Reaction score
Question: I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the options. I would like a small button down collar with a slight collar roll. How do I achieve this? Which collar type to choose and what measurements should I give? It's impossible to know how the collar would turn out just from measurements, especially since this is my first order.

beowolf

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the Luxire website have a few issues?

I'm trying to put my pants measurements in, and I click on the 'Customise Fit' link, then the 'Measure your pants' link.

The explanatory text below each image is cut off.

Also, there's no image for where to take the hip measurement.

I've tried viewing on three different browsers, same problem on all three.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

Yes, I have too. There website and their who measuring process is horrible and because of that, I am still waiting for my shirts that I had to return for them to repair.

boot_owl

Reaction score
Question: I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the options. I would like a small button down collar with a slight collar roll. How do I achieve this? Which collar type to choose and what measurements should I give? It's impossible to know how the collar would turn out just from measurements, especially since this is my first order.

Personally I'd just go with the standard luxire BD to start so you have a good point of reference. Don't get too caught up on getting absolutely every detail perfect from the get go. Alternatively, send them a shirt with the size of collar that you would like to replicate - you could also get them to duplicate/suggests changes in measurements to its pattern too.

paddyo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great trouser review. I will add some more early next week (need time to photograph stuff in the wild). My initial recommendations would be the VBC 4 ply (I have 3 suits made out of it, and they are my favourites). For those in colder climes, I also highly recommend the Dugdale Fine Worsteds; a great, 4 season cloth that is highly durable. I have a houndstooth suit from that bunch that is 7 years old and still going strong.

https://luxire.com/products/dugdale-fine-black-dogtooth-8942#/

It's definitely wearable in warmer seasons as well, but you might struggle with a jacket in it depending on the construction in temperatures above 28C. Excuse the photo, I think this is the only one I have. The jacket would work well as a sports jacket, and the trousers too, work well on their own. It essentially recedes to a light gray at a distance.
puppy tooth.jpg

Contango

Reaction score

AmirF27

Reaction score
Personally I'd just go with the standard luxire BD to start so you have a good point of reference. Don't get too caught up on getting absolutely every detail perfect from the get go. Alternatively, send them a shirt with the size of collar that you would like to replicate - you could also get them to duplicate/suggests changes in measurements to its pattern too.
The thing is that I'm a small guy (the reason I'm trying MTM in the first place, nothing OTR fits), with a small head to top things off. Their default collar would completely swallow me, as it's huge proportionally to my size and build. I tried a large collar once from another MTM website and it looked like I'm wearing a collar with a little bit of shirt, lol. It looked like I have no neck (because the collar completely covered my neck) and that I'm even smaller than I really am. I don't wish to get a shirt I won't wear just because the collar dwarfs me. I eventually ended up writing a note with the order to include a link to an image of the collar I want. I also told them to make a sample collar and send me photos first, as per their recommendation via email. Do you think this would work?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads