• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Quesjac

Reaction score
Fellow luxire fans, I've got a polo that no longer fits me, in the charcoal jersey. Let me know if you are interested in buying / swapping something for it.

Best if you're in UK or Europe (and a regular face here). It's probably around a 38 r but I will take whatever measurements you need.
IMG_20180529_205053.jpg

paddyo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would one advise against a one-piece collar (such as the v3 turner) for a fabric such as the Cool White Linen Cotton out of transparency concerns?

I've never thought of the transparency as deal breaker as many one piece collar shirts I've seen or worn had a slightly visible inner placket. I feel like it's almost part of the charm. You usually see it in classic, older iterations from Cuba and Italy, when they were mostly done as resort wear so made out of light cloth. I actually inherited one from my Granddad which I think was from Hong Kong (1970s), it's a fine cotton chambray with a one piece camp collar and the inner placket is quite visible. However, if it bothers you, let me know before hand and I can advise on the cloth. The Cool White Linen Cotton will show through the placket.

Rylsa

Reaction score
Would one advise against a one-piece collar (such as the v3 turner) for a fabric such as the Cool White Linen Cotton out of transparency concerns?

I would say it’s subjective. I like my shirts to be consistent unless otherwise intended, so the corollary is not to pair the one piece with a thin fabric.

Others on the other hand might be entirely fine with that (e.g. expressed by Paddy above). Same goes for anything else really, collar style, pleats, shirring. I guess that’s the charm of design and Luxire can accommodate all that.

exactly...

...nice tho!

can you rate/describe the cloth?

Thanks. I would describe the sky blue chambray as a good choice for a soft breathable summer fabric, recommended

Reaction score
I would say it’s subjective. I like my shirts to be consistent unless otherwise intended, so the corollary is not to pair the one piece with a thin fabric.

Others on the other hand might be entirely fine with that (e.g. expressed by Paddy above). Same goes for anything else really, collar style, pleats, shirring. I guess that’s the charm of design and Luxire can accommodate all that.

Thanks. I would describe the sky blue chambray as a good choice for a soft breathable summer fabric, recommended

and @ paddyo: thank you for the thoughtful replies. I may reach out for fabric/collar recommendations moving forward. Cheers,

beowolf

Reaction score
Luxire screwed up the cuffs of my two shirts by making them way too large. It seems that they want me to pay to ship them back, is this correct? I need these shirts by June 15th. Still waiting on their reply.

shirtsnob

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luxire screwed up the cuffs of my two shirts by making them way too large. It seems that they want me to pay to ship them back, is this correct? I need these shirts by June 15th. Still waiting on their reply.

is this correct?...

well, we need more facts.

Luxire took care of me when they had a screw up........ its going to happen....but it is kinda ez to sort it out....usually

Quesjac

Reaction score
If you look back through the thread, it's always been that the buyer pays return shipping on alterations --- the merits of this have been discussed many times over. More risk for the individual, but then that cost isn't being redistributed to everyone else through higher prices.

Two general points:
  1. Almost everyone here finds Luxire to act in good faith, but that's not the same thing as 'customer is always right' service
  2. I don't know if you are getting a delivery date from somewhere, but in general I find fulfilment time just varies: sometimes it's extremely rapid, sometimes it's 6 weeks. This has always been my experience --- I'd make a summer order in March or April for that reason. I think the trade-off for the endless customisation is that some things just take longer than others.

dohare

Reaction score
Checked the website this morning and was able to add an item to my cart. Went to go put in my actual order a few hours later and it seems the issue is back.

Sigh.

Edward_Bourn

Reaction score
Sorry all for the **** photos everybody. I like it as it is not too high yet has great roll. I'm a neck size 41 - order 23071 (was only item in the order. It does have shirring on shoulders, back, and also has the g. inglese cuff.)

Here is Inglese v Luxire
View attachment 817180
View attachment 817181
View attachment 817186

Again, not the most flattering pics but it came out very well

View attachment 817184

Hi,
I have a question regarding your OCBD from Luxire:
Which collar and band settings did you chose to your OCBD?
I'm going to make my first purchase of shirts from Luxire this summer/fall. My order will contain the following:
1. Grandi & Rubinelli Blue Bengal Stripes as popover with a Osaka Button-Down with a nice roll at the collar. Round 10 cm collar point length.
2. Grandi & Rubinelli Red Bengal Stripes as a normal shirt with a Osaka Button-Down. Same as the above.
3. Purple Dress Stripes On White with Florentine (Milano Cutaway)

I'm going to wear the shirts with tie/bow-tie and without.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm still having an issue with the customize style pop-up. OSX/Chrome
We had it fixed but the error is back again.
Have restored a version that allows ordering with standard styles but no customization. We will work again on a fix tomorrow.

Edit: Looks like none of the versions are working. Please bear with us.

Last edited:

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a question regarding your OCBD from Luxire:
Which collar and band settings did you chose to your OCBD?
I'm going to make my first purchase of shirts from Luxire this summer/fall. My order will contain the following:
1. Grandi & Rubinelli Blue Bengal Stripes as popover with a Osaka Button-Down with a nice roll at the collar. Round 10 cm collar point length.
2. Grandi & Rubinelli Red Bengal Stripes as a normal shirt with a Osaka Button-Down. Same as the above.
3. Purple Dress Stripes On White with Florentine (Milano Cutaway)

I'm going to wear the shirts with tie/bow-tie and without.

Hi, I sent in a G Inglese shirt for replication so I didn’t specify a collar or band setting.

beowolf

Reaction score
If you look back through the thread, it's always been that the buyer pays return shipping on alterations --- the merits of this have been discussed many times over. More risk for the individual, but then that cost isn't being redistributed to everyone else through higher prices.

Two general points:
  1. Almost everyone here finds Luxire to act in good faith, but that's not the same thing as 'customer is always right' service
  2. I don't know if you are getting a delivery date from somewhere, but in general I find fulfilment time just varies: sometimes it's extremely rapid, sometimes it's 6 weeks. This has always been my experience --- I'd make a summer order in March or April for that reason. I think the trade-off for the endless customisation is that some things just take longer than others.
Thanks for the clarification. I am going to try my tailor to see if he can fix the cuff. It will cost 35 dollars to ship two shirts. Might as well put that toward the cost of possible repair.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I am going to try my tailor to see if he can fix the cuff. It will cost 35 dollars to ship two shirts. Might as well put that toward the cost of possible repair.
It's probably more efficient to do it that way. But you might also think about whether you are likely to want anything replicated in the future --- you could always send the shirts together with that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads