• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire , what is the name of the shirt option that mimics darts without actually adding them? Thanks.

You just need to order with separate front and back waist measurements and ask for no darts.

Would be something like: Waist: Front: 18.5", Back: 16.0", No darts

Jeroen Vriend

Reaction score
@luxire how can I fix this? Pleat is turning towards outside of my leg.

IMG_9189.JPG
IMG_9190.JPG

txm22

Reaction score
@Jeroen Vriend -- If you don't mind my asking, what front and rear rise measurements did you use for those trousers? I'm about to place an order this week for some odd trousers, and those look sharp.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody tried those 4-ply VBC fresco trousers yet? Thinking about pulling the trigger but wondering what others think.

txm22

Reaction score
Got my trial pants today and need some help making adjustments. I took the measurements from a MTM pair I had made by a local tailor, but I don't think these came out right.

First, I think I need about another inch in the waist. These actually measured a little smaller than the measurement I provided, but that should be an easy enough fix. I think I'd also like them to sit a little higher in the front, though I'm ok with where they sit from the rear. So .5" increase to front rise? Most importantly, there's all sorts of unsightly bunching around the crotch and the pleats. I think an extra inch in the hips would help close the pleats, but I'm not sure about how to fix the crotch. I've seen other people in this forum have had that problem--has anyone corrected it? Lastly, they didn't feel crazy tight in the thigh, but does it look like I need to add some room for a little bit of drape there?
IMG_20180305_200304.jpg IMG_20180305_200336.jpg

Comments/advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my trial pants today and need some help making adjustments. I took the measurements from a MTM pair I had made by a local tailor, but I don't think these came out right.
Comments/advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If your MTM pair fits you well, I strongly recommend that you send it in for replication. Measurements just don't capture the shape of a trouser pattern well enough.There are too many problems with the fit on this trial pair to get it right on the next attempt.

txm22

Reaction score
If your MTM pair fits you well, I strongly recommend that you send it in for replication. Measurements just don't capture the shape of a trouser pattern well enough.There are too many problems with the fit on this trial pair to get it right on the next attempt.
Have you gone the replication route before? If so, were they able to accurately replicate a pair for you? I suspect that this is probably my best option, but for some reason I'm nervous about sending away my best pair of trousers.

Jeroen Vriend

Reaction score
Have you gone the replication route before? If so, were they able to accurately replicate a pair for you? I suspect that this is probably my best option, but for some reason I'm nervous about sending away my best pair of trousers.

I am also curious how exact the replica will be, thinking about sending a shirt b

Quesjac

Reaction score
Nervousness is understandable but I sent (and got back!) a pretty expensive Canali Kei jacket with no problem.

There's obviously some small risk with FedEx losing a packet, but you probably encounter more risk every time you wear them and sit on a wooden chair etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads