• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, the trunk shows are for the new bespoke service. They're not flying people in from India, so that we can look at swatches and get fit advice on shirts/trousers. Not saying I agree or disagree with the minimum purchase commitment, but think it's important to keep this in mind.

flvinny521

Reaction score
Guys, the trunk shows are for the new bespoke service. They're not flying people in from India, so that we can look at swatches and get fit advice on shirts/trousers. Not saying I agree or disagree with the minimum purchase commitment, but think it's important to keep this in mind.

Maybe it's better to not refer to them as trunk shows. A "traveling bespoke consultation" is probably a more appropriate label.

moopband

Reaction score
Reason I think in person consultation for current garments makes sense is because of my personal back and forth with Luxire. They have redone garments for me at a fraction of cost in order to try and fix fit - at that point they're seeing hardly any revenue as it is.

If they were to 100% nail my fit in person and suggest all necessary fixes, my number of orders would go up. I haven't started doing any of my casual clothing yet.

Spurious

Reaction score
I think the implementation of the $1.5k minimum is fair. You don't have to do the bespoke thing and if the demand is not there then maybe they will stop doing it. But there needs to be a separation between their current online business and someone flying in from India to start a bespoke process. There will be subsequent fittings (free of charge) so it's different than ordering something online.

As I understood, the $1500 garments can be used for future orders at a cheaper price online. Which makes it more an investment instead of an outright $1500 purchase imo.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reason I think in person consultation for current garments makes sense is because of my personal back and forth with Luxire. They have redone garments for me at a fraction of cost in order to try and fix fit - at that point they're seeing hardly any revenue as it is.

If they were to 100% nail my fit in person and suggest all necessary fixes, my number of orders would go up. I haven't started doing any of my casual clothing yet.

I have no dog in this fight, but you're essentially arguing in favor of the $1,500 minimum commitment to the extent you are suggesting you would spend enough to make it worth Luxire's while if they gave you an appointment to nail your shirt/trouser fit.

moopband

Reaction score
I have no dog in this fight, but you're essentially arguing in favor of the $1,500 minimum commitment to the extent you are suggesting you would spend enough to make it worth Luxire's while if they gave you an appointment to nail your shirt/trouser fit.
In a sense I guess. Overall, I'm not the customer that is going to spend $1,500 on 1 or 2 items. But I will spend $1,500 over the course of 3+ years by purchasing pants and shirts online. The only thing preventing me from going forward with more purchasing is that I don't have my fit fully nailed down yet.

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In a sense I guess. Overall, I'm not the customer that is going to spend $1,500 on 1 or 2 items. But I will spend $1,500 over the course of 3+ years by purchasing pants and shirts online. The only thing preventing me from going forward with more purchasing is that I don't have my fit fully nailed down yet.

I agree with this 100%. From a business perspective, I would much rather have 15-20 people have their measurements taken and order a shirt or two at the appointment than one client spend $1500. Happy clients would likely order more in the long term.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For a new customer, the traveling bespoke services could be quite ideal:

Purchase a $1500 gift card toward future orders and use the 1 on 1 appointment to get fitted for a suit, dress shirt, jeans, and other casual items. If I could get fitted for my entire wardrobe during the session then I'd say $1500 is very reasonable.

ShoeT

Reaction score

For a new customer, the traveling bespoke services could be quite ideal:

Purchase a $1500 gift card toward future orders and use the 1 on 1 appointment to get fitted for a suit, dress shirt, jeans, and other casual items. If I could get fitted for my entire wardrobe during the session then I'd say $1500 is very reasonable. 

As new customer often wants to first try a new brand/tailor (by ordering a first shirt), before deciding to fully commit. Also, a first fitting done by yourself through internet or inperson by the tailor is never perfect. (Though in person will give you a far better initial result, because of the multiple fittings).

Quesjac

Reaction score
Fans of unnecessary complication may be interested to know that for my last pair of trousers I asked for a button and zip combo which provides the convenience of the zip but makes the fly sit flatter like a button fly. I find it's a useful compromise between the zip and the full Neapolitan chastity belt and I'll probably ask for this or similar on all trousers in the future.

Amateurish diagram:

monkk

Reaction score
My 2 cents:

Luxire was never interested in offering bespoke shirts/pants. Despite giving listing (50 monies per item), I was given same advise as on email and during "bespoke" visit. For clarity purpose, "bespoke" charge was not applied, despite me willing to pay it in order to achieve desired fit.

I think Luxire fall in their own traps of willing to do everything to expand their clientele. However it seems their want to move to bespoke suiting and continue very flexible MTM for shirts and pants.

If I could turn time, I would avoid all hassle and look for local/traveling bespoke tailor to achieve shirts/pants desired fit despite the price. Then I would send items to Luxire to replicate which they are very good at.

I see this 3in1:
- you get to experience real bespoke service with initial steeper price
- you avoid failed attempts, unwearable items and save time
- send bespoke items to replicate to Luxire you will achieve this all desired bang for buck.

For the price I already paid for items which I am still looking to improve, I could already have 2-3 bespoke shirts from not so cheap traveling Italian bespoke shirts makers.

Ps. nothing bad to say about Luxire or their service, except that sometimes order "is being in production and will be sent in the beginning of next week" for a few month :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads