• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I normally do that but that won't help in my situation. With varying turnaround time for orders and traveling for work/vacation over the summer it's impossible to know if I will be able to pick it up before it is returned to the sender. If there isn't a solution, I guess I can't place orders with luxire during summer months.

ah, I understand. I have asked Luxire in the past not to ship orders during periods when I was out of town. That being said, they did once ship an order while I was away. I called the FedEx Office, explained the situation, and asked them to hold it for me beyond their usual 5 business day window. They didn't seem to have a problem with that request.

Last edited:

Elementary

Reaction score
Luxire, I'm starting to get pretty worried. I placed an order for canvas chinos the third of April. That's also when the order was paid. We had a discussion regarding a few measurements the following day.

The 21st of April I sent an email asking for a status, to which you replied that it will be shipped next week. (Sometime between the 25th and the 29th.) It's now the 10th of May and I have yet to see any shipping notification. I've also sent two new emails (on the 5th, and the 9th) that has gone unanswered.

What's going on?

Last edited:

yeknal

Reaction score
@ Luxire
If you send in a shirt for replication and specify changes do you also save the original measurements of the shirt sent in?

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the different cotton chinos(dugdale, brisbane moss) available on luxire? My favorite chinos I own are no iron from charles tyrwhitt. I have banana republic and brooks brothers that wrinkle so easily. Just from the car ride to work they look disheveled. Some pictures I have seen of the regular $89 chinos that luxire offers look like they wrinkle easily. I know they do not have any no-iron fabrics but maybe the dugdale or brisbane moss, since it is higher quality, retains its shape better.

WhereNext

Reaction score
My experience has been that you just tell them you are sending in a shirt for replication. There is no need to send in measurements unless you are asking them to deviate from the shirt to be replicated, i.e."make the shirt sleeves 1 inch longer than the shirt sent in".

yeknal

Reaction score
This is exactly what I'm talking about. I want to know if they save the original measurements of the shirt sent for replication.
If not you could end up sending in the same garment multiple times if you get the adjustments wrong.
My experience has been that you just tell them you are sending in a shirt for replication. There is no need to send in measurements unless you are asking them to deviate from the shirt to be replicated, i.e."make the shirt sleeves 1 inch longer than the shirt sent in".

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luxire, I'm starting to get pretty worried. I placed an order for canvas chinos the third of April. That's also when the order was paid. We had a discussion regarding a few measurements the following day.

The 21st of April I sent an email asking for a status, to which you replied that it will be shipped next week. (Sometime between the 25th and the 29th.) It's now the 10th of May and I have yet to see any shipping notification. I've also sent two new emails (on the 5th, and the 9th) that has gone unanswered.

What's going on?

While I have usually had relatively quick responses from Luxire in the past (within 1-2 days), the past week has also been frustrating for me. Luxire emailed me last week to notify me that one of the fabrics that I'd ordered was out of stock. I requested a substitute but have not heard any confirmation. I have sent three emails in the past week with no response, which is not typical for them based on past experience. I hope/expect that they will turn this around.

Last edited:

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is exactly what I'm talking about. I want to know if they save the original measurements of the shirt sent for replication.
If not you could end up sending in the same garment multiple times if you get the adjustments wrong.

I am not 100% certain but I think they actually make a pattern using your shirt. IMO it's very important to send in garments that don't need a lot of adjustments unless you know what you're doing.

yeknal

Reaction score
I only made minor adjustments to the forearm/elbow but would like to see what a straight replication looks like. I ended up with baggy biceps trying to make a little more room lower on the sleeve.

I am not 100% certain but I think they actually make a pattern using your shirt. IMO it's very important to send in garments that don't need a lot of adjustments unless you know what you're doing. 

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have experience with the different cotton chinos(dugdale, brisbane moss) available on luxire? My favorite chinos I own are no iron from charles tyrwhitt. I have banana republic and brooks brothers that wrinkle so easily. Just from the car ride to work they look disheveled. Some pictures I have seen of the regular $89 chinos that luxire offers look like they wrinkle easily. I know they do not have any no-iron fabrics but maybe the dugdale or brisbane moss, since it is higher quality, retains its shape better.

It has been my experience that the thinner, ligher weight chino fabrics are pretty wrinkle-prone. You're on the right track looking at Brisbane Moss; I have both trousers and a lightweight jacket made out of that stuff and it's naturally wrinkle-resistant (as well as being tough and generally awesome).

You might also look at the "wool rich" fabrics, which are a wool/synthetic blend that is machine washable. My first pair is currently in production and I'll report back here.

otterhound

Reaction score

What's going on?
@luxire has mentioned on this thread that if you are having communication problems through other methods you should send a StyleForum PM to Luxire. I suggest you give that a try. Although I haven't tried that myself, it is worth a shot.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It has been my experience that the thinner, ligher weight chino fabrics are pretty wrinkle-prone. You're on the right track looking at Brisbane Moss; I have both trousers and a lightweight jacket made out of that stuff and it's naturally wrinkle-resistant (as well as being tough and generally awesome).

You might also look at the "wool rich" fabrics, which are a wool/synthetic blend that is machine washable. My first pair is currently in production and I'll report back here.

Thanks for the response. I am a little bit wary of the wool rich pants because of the polyester content. Let me know your thoughts when you recieve them. I know there is one in a khaki color. I wonder if it would be similar to a chino or wool feel.

Thrifter

Reaction score
Not aiming this at anyone in particular, but noobs in this thread need to learn to search. If your questions are being ignored it's probably because the vets are tired of answering them over and over.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcoPolos