• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://luxire.com/products/sr_203_apple-fresco-cotton

This is hands down one of the greatest fabrics I've ordered through Luxire. Get it now while it's still $89.

Super airy but opaque and good drape, wrinkle resistant because fresco, holds a beautiful crease and comes in a great, great colour. Looks great with a navy blazer and even casual with a polo. My name is clapeyron and I approve this fabric.

I had to keep myself from recommending this fabric right away after receiving it on Tuesday and forced myself to wash and iron it first before giving it this final verdict. This is the trousering equivalent to the greatness that is the navy chambray by Brembana.
I jumped

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shipping back and forth would be $55 ($30 prepaid jacket from the UK, for return $25 default shipping). You really think shoulder or collar issues could be fixed for less than that locally?

It's a pretty heavy jacket, so a bit more expensive. It's worth it to have someone take a look at it first. If it's just taking in the collar it shouldn't be too expensive.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I laughed out loud at the image of someone taking a fully body mold, shipping it to Luxire and then Luxire taking measurements off of it. The best though is imagining the storage room with all our full body molds congregating together.

Ironballs

Reaction score
"What's the order number of that torso? Is it in the torso google doc?"

"Use torso from order #332611, but increase biceps girth by 10 cm (keep the pectorals unfused)"

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polo Shirt Appreciation Incoming.

On July 30 I ordered a custom long-sleeved polo in the Sky Blue Pique [$99] and 6 days later it arrived Chez Cruz Azul. I wanted a dramatic self-collar so I had a lot of specific instructions, ex:

Code:
I'd like a 4-button reinforced placket that is 9" long. Please build the collar like a dress shirt collar with a stiff reinforced collarband but a completely soft unfused collar. Collar back height 1.5", collar point length 3.5".

Of course they executed all of my specific instructions perfectly, but what I really appreciate is that my instructions also included really general things like "square hem" and "a small notch at the side seams" and the correct judgments were made to interpret it.

I couldn't find anything like this on the market and was pretty damn happy to get it fully bespoke for $99. For my purposes, it is the best long-sleeved polo in the world right now and I put it up against things like my Sunspel long-sleeved polo -- which at twice the price was still not there (vestigial chest pocket, too-small collar, etc).

Bonus content: Luxire white cotton trousers made for me last summer, lightly lined for opacity and coolness:

Shirter

Reaction score
Does anybody have input on any of the following fabrics? I am looking for a shirt with some green in a less expensive fabric, and these are the ones that jumped out at me. Keep in mind I am in a very hot climate and would be wearing this shirt with a suit and tie, medium interlined spread collar.

http://custom.luxire.com/products/green_graph_checks
http://custom.luxire.com/products/green_pencil_stripes_on_white
http://custom.luxire.com/collection...ucts/forest-green-on-white-university-stripes
http://custom.luxire.com/collections/shirts-by-price/products/sap-green-pencil-stripes-on-white
http://custom.luxire.com/collections/shirts-by-price/products/white_green_dress-stripes

Personally, I think the last example and the forest green university stripe are my favorite.

I love the White Green Dress Stripes. It is the only one on the list that I own, but it is my favorite shirt. When I got it I was not in the habit of wearing green shirts. I'd had only one before, years ago: a sage-colored solid, quite unlike this. Now I am interested in expanding my green shirt inventory.
What I most appreciate about the fabric is the way it goes with the notable dose of red in my skin tone; I really feel good about my appearance in this shirt.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Polo Shirt Appreciation Incoming.

On July 30 I ordered a custom long-sleeved polo in the Sky Blue Pique [$99] and 6 days later it arrived Chez Cruz Azul. I wanted a dramatic self-collar so I had a lot of specific instructions, ex:
Code:

I'd like a 4-button reinforced placket that is 9" long. Please build the collar like a dress shirt collar with a stiff reinforced collarband but a completely soft unfused collar. Collar back height 1.5", collar point length 3.5".

Of course they executed all of my specific instructions perfectly, but what I really appreciate is that my instructions also included really general things like "square hem" and "a small notch at the side seams" and the correct judgments were made to interpret it.

I couldn't find anything like this on the market and was pretty damn happy to get it fully bespoke for $99. For my purposes, it is the best long-sleeved polo in the world right now and I put it up against things like my Sunspel long-sleeved polo -- which at twice the price was still not there (vestigial chest pocket, too-small collar, etc).
That came out fantastic Cruz

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have input on any of the following fabrics? I am looking for a shirt with some green in a less expensive fabric, and these are the ones that jumped out at me. Keep in mind I am in a very hot climate and would be wearing this shirt with a suit and tie, medium interlined spread collar.

http://custom.luxire.com/products/green_graph_checks
http://custom.luxire.com/products/green_pencil_stripes_on_white
http://custom.luxire.com/collection...ucts/forest-green-on-white-university-stripes
http://custom.luxire.com/collections/shirts-by-price/products/sap-green-pencil-stripes-on-white
http://custom.luxire.com/collections/shirts-by-price/products/white_green_dress-stripes

Personally, I think the last example and the forest green university stripe are my favorite.
I have the Forest University Stripe. It feels a lot like the Brembana Oxfords which are among my favorite's...

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That came out fantastic Cruz

Thanks, man. Isn't it nice? The collar sits well under a blazer without collapsing, which is part of my thinking for this construction.

Naturally I'll order more like this one in other colours, after doing the due diligence of seeing how a couple of washings affects the garment (I added some slight allowances in case of shrinkage).

emptym

Reaction score
Very nice, Cruz. Did you increase the waist measurement compared to your dress shirts? I've been wanting to order a polo like that and was thinking a more boxy fit would work best with an untucked square hem. Yours looks good in any case.

Last edited:

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very nice, Cruz.  Did you increase the waist measurement compared to your dress shirts?  I've been wanting to order a polo like that and was thinking a more boxy fit would work best with an untucked square hem.  Yours looks good in any case.

Actually I kept the waist measurement the same, with the intent that it will shrink a little in the wash. Remember that 100% cotton knits stretch and aren't 100% elastic, so you can go a little more fitted here and still be comfortable.

emptym

Reaction score
Thanks C. I think the real reason I've delayed is that I can't decide on details. The main ones being spread or BD collar, partial or full length placket, and pocket or no. Currently I lean toward spread, since I typically don't like to untuck BD shirts, full placket bassed on a pic someone posted w/ shorts and red sneakers, and a pocket sewn on the inside, since I'd use it during travel and a pocket's helpful -- the stitching shouldn't be too visible on a navy pique polo, particularly if done by hand, and a breast pocket that's not noticeable is even more helpful for travel.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks C.  I think the real reason I've delayed is that I can't decide on details.  The main ones being spread or BD collar, partial or full length placket, and pocket or no.  Currently I lean toward spread, since I typically don't like to untuck BD shirts, full placket bassed on a pic someone posted w/ shorts and red sneakers, and a pocket sewn on the inside, since I'd use it during travel and a pocket's helpful -- the stitching shouldn't be too visible on a navy pique polo, particularly if done by hand, and a breast pocket that's not noticeable is even more helpful for travel. 

All good considerations. Fortunately the piques are pretty affordable, which is good news if (like me) you need to tinker a bit with the nuances of working with knits instead of wovens.

On the collar front I might suggest semi-spread (which is what I did) instead of full spread. You really want a polo collar to kind of gently lie down at the ends instead of the sort of perpendicular touch you're after with a woven shirt. Somehow the farther you go towards cutaway the more likely the collar is to not gently rest instead of curling up or under. (Source: I own and have gone through a LOT of polo shirts, from Orlebar Brown to Sunspel to Kent Wang to Uniqlo and everything in between.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads