• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@luxire Will you have any solid or non-plaid patterned flannel shirting fabrics this fall?

We do have navy and maroon cotton flannels. We have also just received a cream which we will be adding.

Shirts can be made in any of the wool flannels we offer for pants.

If you have any particular colors or patterns in mind, do let us know.

Poomba

Reaction score
@luxire Would shirts be the same price as pants in a fabric? I imagine some of the heavier pants fabrics would make a great CPO.

Last edited:

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We do have navy and maroon cotton flannels. We have also just received a cream which we will be adding.

Shirts can be made in any of the wool flannels we offer for pants.

If you have any particular colors or patterns in mind, do let us know.

@luxire I would love to see this (or something similar) for the fall. It is a medium weight cotton flannel:

icekachang

Reaction score
I'm keen on getting a pair of 13-14oz mid-grey flannel trousers for the coming winter, but I am having trouble deciding which of the fabrics on Luxire's website to select. I would like a flannel that holds a sharp crease, and I was wondering if this flannel might work:

http://custom.luxire.com/products/mid-grey-wool-flannel-100-wool

Or if I would have to go for something more expensive like this Dugdale:

http://custom.luxire.com/products/dugdale_flannel_-medium-grey-twill

Would anyone have any ideas as to what's good?

Dachshund

Reaction score

All good considerations. Fortunately the piques are pretty affordable, which is good news if (like me) you need to tinker a bit with the nuances of working with knits instead of wovens.

On the collar front I might suggest semi-spread (which is what I did) instead of full spread. You really want a polo collar to kind of gently lie down at the ends instead of the sort of perpendicular touch you're after with a woven shirt. Somehow the farther you go towards cutaway the more likely the collar is to not gently rest instead of curling up or under. (Source: I own and have gone through a LOT of polo shirts, from Orlebar Brown to Sunspel to Kent Wang to Uniqlo and everything in between.)

These polos are getting more tempting. I just cannot find what I want off the rack. Sunspel use to do a great one - nice cotton, well fitted, no overt branding. Then I went back and just bought a couple without trying them and they'd completely changed - thin cotton, awful boxy cut.

Q on your collar - how 'stiff' is that neckband? Does it still feel soft like a polo or is it firmer like a shirt? Is there lining/fusing?

Last edited:

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These polos are getting more tempting. I just cannot find what I want off the rack. Sunspel use to do a great one - nice cotton, well fitted, no overt branding. Then I went back and just bought a couple without trying them and they'd completely changed - thin cotton, awful boxy cut.

I still do like the Sunspel "Riviera" short-sleeved polo because it flatters my not-exactly-ripped shape and because the mesh fabric is very cool. But it only works in navy (all of the light colours are way too transparent), the collar is still a little small, and it has a pocket I don't need. My thinking is that if I can pay less and get exactly what I want, then screw it, I'm paying less and getting exactly what I want.

Q on your collar - how 'stiff' is that neckband? Does it still feel soft like a polo or is it firmer like a shirt? Is there lining/fusing?

I used the words "stiff reinforced" in my requests but this thankfully wasn't taken literally. The neckband is firm enough to stand up without collapsing, but it isn't the kind of stiff you'd find in a woven shirt. It absolutely feels like a soft polo. There is an extra layer of something in there. I couldn't tell you exactly what's going on inside the necband but maybe @luxire can elaborate. Honestly I'm not sure a firmer neckband would be necessary if not for my relatively tall collar back height (1.5" is a bit high for a polo). I go for kind of big and dramatic being influenced by 70s style, Berluti and Tom Ford so I wasn't taking any chances.

Enthusiasm

Reaction score
Are there any recommendations for mid weight fall and winter fabrics in grey and brown, in the 1-200$ range? I got the 99$ flannels last year, but were not happy with neither the comfort nor the quality. Expected perhaps, for the price. Edit:

Luxire pants constructed in Vitale Barberis Canonico - Flannels Grey
Consists of standard extended closure with side metal adjusters and 1.75″ bottom cuffs.
These look rather nice. How are they compared to the previous cheap, heavy flannels? Are they itchy, do they wear down quickly with use?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads