• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Iipe

Reaction score
Luxire generally prewashes fabric as standard practice. My Luxire shirts have virtually zero shrinkage -- even the cuff and collar lengths, which is noteworthy.

I believe Luxire doesn't wash those indigo-dyed fabrics, denims and such that change appearance a bit in the first wash. And they clearly state the expected shrinkage for those fabrics.

I like to wash my shirts at higher temperatures when dirty which is probably why I have experienced some shrinkage even for prewashed fabrics.

Last edited:

vespertiliovir

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Potentially silly question, so I apologize in advance. If I'm generally happy with the fit of my trousers but want to take the rise up 1.5 inches, should I simply add 1.5 inches to (i) the front rise (ii) the back rise and (iii) the pant length? Or are things not as 1:1 as that?

Second (hopefully less silly) question: if I wanted to add single forward pleats, how much extra on the waist--if any--should I add to compensate?

variancelog

Reaction score
I believe Luxire doesn't wash those indigo-dyed fabrics, denims and such that change appearance a bit in the first wash. And they clearly state the expected shrinkage for those fabrics.

I like to wash my shirts at higher temperatures when dirty which is probably why I have experienced some shrinkage even for prewashed fabrics.

My apologies, I didn't note the exception on this fabric. I believe where Luxire state shrinkage they do not prewash by default, but can do so upon request.

roquesoon

Reaction score

Luxire dress shirt constructed in Pink Small Gingham
With custom NOBD collar.

Beautiful cuff/collar combination

burnso

Reaction score
I know bugger-all about fabric weight, and always struggle when reading descriptions on the interweb. But from an Australian point of view, would 14oz be medium or heavy weight fabric? Would you wear it for a Melbourne winter?
For me that would be good/ ideal for a coat in Melbourne (ie I'd barely want to go much thicker).
- I have a Luxire 14oz wool peacoat which is lined, and on the coldest nights I would also layer this and then Id be 100% fine.
- The wool/ blend coats you see on the racks in most stores would only be 12-14oz thickness for example.
- I considered a 25oz Dugdale, and in hindsight I would definitely order this fabric, but I would be prepared for the fact that I could barely layer this (too warm) and would likely only wear it on the coldest days/ nights.
- I however don't feel the cold like others ;)

I can really only comment on coat material as I looked into it a lot, but believe that most suiting here will be up to 10oz only, with winter flannels etc going up to 14oz, which many wear for a Melbourne winter. (Id wear a normal/ all-year round suit with overcoat, or with scarf and sweater though)

Last edited:

OzWino

Reaction score
Thank @burnso. Given that this is international audience its always interesting what English or Nth Americans (for example) call heavyweight vs what Australian members call heavy. Its all a journey of discovery.

easy_golfing

Reaction score
I ordered some of the VBC pants a few months ago during the promotion. They are all 110s and 120s. I'd just like to get a idea of how durable they would be? I would probably wear them 1x a week.

xizenta

Reaction score

I ordered some of the VBC pants a few months ago during the promotion. They are all 110s and 120s. I'd just like to get a idea of how durable they would be? I would probably wear them 1x a week.

110s and 120s are not very fine, you can wear them without stress.

easy_golfing

Reaction score

110s and 120s are not very fine, you can wear them without stress.

Awesome, thanks!

For an OCBD, should I go Luxire BD or Barba BD?

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Luxire custom collar dress shirt constructed in Warzone Plus White Oxford
Collar: 3.25″ points, 5″ spread, 0.37″ tie space, 1.25″ front collar band height, 1.56″ rear collar band height.
Cuffs: 2 buttons cuffs.

Last edited:

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Luxire shirt constructed in White Pinpoint Oxford
Details
Collar: Band collar with 1″ front collar band height and 1.37″ rear collar band height. Soft and unfused inter lining.
Cuffs: 2 button cuffs.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads