• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Very nice. The fine twill weave looks crisp and should be pretty durable. Looking forward to when a tan or khaki becomes available. These kind of pants are so helpful for travel or commuting in rain, snow, slush.

Will check with the mill for the tan/khaki colors.

bbob2013

Reaction score
Hello all,

Awaiting Luxire feedback from private email, but would love others feedback.
I feel that the yoke and arm length are good, areas of most concern for me are chest (mainly near where arms meet the body), upper and lower back too baggy, and arms are too baggy. Thoughts on shoulder slope?

Is this pattern even worth tweaking or best to have this shirt (or other) locally altered and send in?

Any and all feed back much appreciated. standard luxire button down and sky blue oxford:

scrolls

Reaction score
You will not be disappointed. It is a very interesting fabric. Can be worn casually in many different ways. I sometimes wear a dark indigo shirt with copper colored canvas pants and like the look.

Talked me into it, I'm a sucker for unique clothing. I can order now and give measurements later right? Would prefer to wait until I receive order #12962 since I changed my chest/armhole measurement. I assume order as normal and put something in the notes about emailing measurements at a later date?

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After (perhaps) thousands of dollars in my own orders, I just ordered a shirt for my mother-in-law. Wish me luck! :embar:

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
^Nice! I offered a couple years ago to buy Luxire shirts as thank-yous for one of my former profs and one of my former students. Both were really excited about it, but neither has sent me the measurements despite my repeated reminders.

Last edited:

Iipe

Reaction score
Hello all,

Awaiting Luxire feedback from private email, but would love others feedback.
I feel that the yoke and arm length are good, areas of most concern for me are chest (mainly near where arms meet the body), upper and lower back too baggy, and arms are too baggy. Thoughts on shoulder slope?

Is this pattern even worth tweaking or best to have this shirt (or other) locally altered and send in?

Decrease armhole, decrease sleeve width at bicep, decrease waist width, and maybe decrease hip width if there is extra you don't like. Decreasing armhole makes the fit a lot better and you can raise your arms more freely. Chest width looks ok, decreasing might restrict movement but hard to say based on the photos. You should button up the second button to see if the creasing from the shoulders to the third button goes away. Your shoulder slope seems normal so I wouldn't make changes to that.

Yoke and arm length look ok to me too, but I can't see the shoulder seam from the pics and the arms are so creased that it is hard to say.

Don't make too large adjustments at once to get a shirt that can still be worn, but the biceps seem to have a lot of extra that can be removed to improve the looks greatly.

I don't think the fit is too far away from perfect so you could try to fix it yourself.

KingPSQ

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just a short question taking into account that the denim shirt I'm seeking is currently on sale.
Would a slight shirring on the back and shoulders like on regular dress shirts make sense on a denim shirt or would it spoil the look, e.g. because the cloth is too heavy / thick?

Last edited:

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Luxire casual unstructured summer jacket constructed in Brisbane Moss Navy Canvas.
Details
3-2-roll button style with notch lapel.
Welted breast pocket and hip patch pocket.
Sleeve opening: Kissing, functional light brown horn buttons.

Last edited:

ammanati

Reaction score
Last edited:

LuxireStudio

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Luxire summer weight casual shirt constructed in Linen - Pink Navy Checks
Details
Collar: Semi-spread collar, 0.25″ less than standard collar, soft and unfused.
Cuffs: Single button cuffs.

Last edited:

KingPSQ

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Something like this (Order #8073 light Order #9523 dark)? The light one is hand finished. Fabric is rather on the thicker side. Not suitable for warmer months
More info and detailed photos:
http://blueloafers.com/quality-products/mtm-denim-shirt/
http://blueloafers.com/outfits/denim-shirt/

Exactly like these two but without the handwork option and probably in between those two shades. I already had a look at your articles before and got to think about the shirring because as far as I know you order it on your dress shirts as well. For what reason did you decide against the shirring on your denim shirts?

I am looking for a shade like this: http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/cezinho78/media/69688EA2-D033-404A-82AA-9123A9F8D4FA.jpg.html
Would the shirt be more evenly faded if the fabric is washed prior to sewing?

Last edited:

ammanati

Reaction score
It looks pretty close to my darker shirt. No reason actually. If it was a wedding shirt I wouldn't go for shirring but any other shirt is ok, I think. I also wasn't very happy with the shirring at the beginning so decided it was safer to avoid it. I only made one shirt with shirring after that and it turn out better but still not as good as my Testoria shirt which I reviewed in one of the latest posts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads