• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

scrolls

Reaction score
@MacGuffen I know you're requesting some changes, but do you expect to wear your test pair in addition to your final pair? I had no idea the test pair is potentially fully functional---pretty cool if so.

MacGuffen

Reaction score
@MacGuffen I know you're requesting some changes, but do you expect to wear your test pair in addition to your final pair? I had no idea the test pair is potentially fully functional---pretty cool if so.
I was told that there is "no guarantee that it will be long lasting as it is meant for testing only." They seem fully functional to me, so I haven't decided if I'll use them outside or just as classy slippers. Either way I feel like I got two pairs for the price of one.

Benjaminba

Reaction score
Like I said I don't want to be critical of Luxire, but sometimes we need to look at things objectively and I think what I said would count as constructive criticism- totally understand why you guys too up the option though. Also wasn't aware that they were doing trainers... If they can do common project style/quality for cheaper then they have another customer in me.

Anyway, Luxire updated me with this photo of my dark green Casentino overcoat being made, hopefully will receive it at the end of next week!

I was also thinking about having a casentino coat made by Luxire. Nice to know that it's an option. The dark green colour of yours looks great.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I recall a lot of discussion about the wrinkling properties and the flannelness of some of the Dugdale Twill Worsted Flannels. I was looking at the Dugdale swatch books yesterday and was delighted to find that there are 14oz babies -

http://luxire.com/collections/pants-sorted-by-price/products/dugdale-wool-worsted-flannel-light-grey
http://luxire.com/collections/pants...e-wool-worsted-flannel-grey-black-houndstooth

They feel quite heavy and soft, the texture is definitely flannelly. Anybody who wants a picture of the bigger swatch feel free to PM.

Anybody ordered that collection of Dugdale before? with a $75 difference, is it an acceptable substitute to Minnis? 

I have the light flannel. I like it. Very comfortable.

emptym

Reaction score
MacGuffen, usually when I need to curl my toes, it's because the shoe is too roomy. Are you sure it's too short? Either way, you could add more length.
I'd go w/ 5-7 mm. Don't forget that the upper's pattern would need to be changed too. So make sure you specify if you would like to add length to the vamp or the opening, since the additional length could come from the back part of the shoe if the last pattern isn't lengthened at the toe too. Prob easy just to say something like "Please keep the opening the same size and add the additional length to the pattern by lengthening the toe."

Last edited:

Pb924

Reaction score
Looking to make my first Luxire dress shirt purchase. Im in need of a crisp white shirt for business and formal type of activities. Thinking Broadcloth. Can anyone give any suggestions on Broadcloths or other nice white fabrics that would fit my needs?

Also, where can I find the dimensions for the english spread collar. I would like to know the details so I can make adjustments.

Frank Drebin

Reaction score
@Rincon Did you order pants or shirts? New or existing pattern? My impression is that pants generally takes longer time to make than shirts. I ordered three shirts and used an existing pattern, and got them on March 23rd. Luxire (hopefully) uses the first-come, first-served policy, so if you placed your order late in the offer period that may also contribute to why it's taking so long.

tyrolean

Reaction score
Ist there still the problem with pleats, so that the don't fall straight with the crease.

Is there anything to specify or does everyone have to try and sort out the problem individually?

Pb924

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on my first luxire purchase. Crisp white broadcloth with a slightly modified english spread. Can't wait to get it. Should be perfect for a party I have coming up

phosej

Reaction score

Pulled the trigger on my first luxire purchase. Crisp white broadcloth with a slightly modified english spread. Can't wait to get it. Should be perfect for a party I have coming up

Which fabric did you end up going with?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I hate to critices luxire since I've been a happy customer for pretty much all the things they've been making, shirts, pants, jackets etc. However I feel shoes are a stretch too far, there really is no comparison between a company that makes excellent MTM pants and MTO/"bespoke" shoes - the two things just don't fit. These shoes aren't particularly cheap compared to Vass and Carmina (for example) and yet the quality of finishing etc seems to be a work in progress.

I agree that our shoes are a work in progress but do not think they are a stretch too far.

We have done some unusual stuff and no not think that we cannot excel in shoe making either.

At the risk of sounding arrogant, we are not trying to compete with the brands mentioned above at all. Finishing wise, they may be ahead but quality wise, we are not behind and probably ahead in many regards. We are working towards bringing you the iconic Foster and sons quality and we know we will get there.

Our value preposition will be unmatched.

Feedback remains the most important tool here. If we can know specific areas where our shoes are lacking in quality, workmanship or finish, we can target those and eliminate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads