• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I play sports now so it's not near as bad. Going to the gym works as well, if you do it right.

I have pelvic tilt, which is made by stronger than needed hip-flexors. How do you fix that? Well, stop using them. When? You use them when you slouch. You use them when you sit. You use them when you work out your abs. Oh! Stretch them out and massage them. Ok. That works. But then I have 8hrs a day sitting. Kind of a set-back.

Then you go to the gym. Let's work out some abs! Crunch, crunch, crunch, leg-raise, leg-raise, leg-raise. Feels like my abs are super sore! Guess what, you just stopped using your abs and you're using those hip-flexors again.. giving you either a pregnant belly look, pelvic tilt, or both. More stretches. Then work the next day... 8hrs of sitting and probably slouching again.

I stretch, fixed as much as I can of my posture, don't slouch like I used to, and play sports. This has helped my look a lot and I can now wear pants from OTR that aren't a complete disaster. But, kind of like a former obese in-shape man.. the threat of it coming back is always there.

Anterior tilt isn't so much a result of strong hip flexors as it is a condition that almost always involves tight/shortened hip flexors. Keeping up with soft tissue and mobility work takes a lot of time but I really believe it's worth the effort. It will lead to better athletic performance, make you less prone to injury, and maybe even make your pants look better. What's there to lose?

Crunches and leg raises are pretty terrible exercises for abdominal strength development -- partially because it involves the hip flexors, partially because muscle contraction activity isn't very high. Remember the role of your abdominal muscles is to stabilize the spine, not put your spine into flexion.

If posture issues aren't structural in nature you should always try to correct them.

Last edited:

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I already fixed mine with Luxire, which was what I mentioned before. I ordered some pants that made it WAY WAY worse. Then pinned them myself.
LL
Sorry about the reverse. But original is right, then I pinned the fabric.. specifically, the waistband. It was a ton of fabric that I pulled up, giving me a strong wedgie. Then I added more fabric to the fork to remove the wedgie. Here's the after..
I've since even got a better iteration with no wedgie at all.. but I can't seem to find the time to take the picture, or ask the new girlfriend, "baby cakes - can you take a picture of ****** for the guys on the 'net?"
Those are great results, but I'm not sure what the solution was. Did you remeasure after the pinning and then sent those new measurements?

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are great results, but I'm not sure what the solution was. Did you remeasure after the pinning and then sent those new measurements?
After trying on the botched pants, I pinned the excess fabric, chalked the lines, unpinned, measured what I took up, estimated what I needed to add to the fork, sent it to Luxire, and kept all fingers crossed for a long while.

Turner

Reaction score

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some random comparison for linen lovers

I think the Soft Light Summer:Blue White Small Gingham Chambray and Soft Light Summer:Red White Small Gingham Chambray are quite interesting: two very light and airy, Voile-like fabrics are stiched together and the result looks like linen. I don't know if this is techincally a double face fabric.

The Casual Denim Shirt fabric doesn't look bad:

What are your thoughts on that blue gingham there? The double-faced(ish) fabric? I'm hesitant to order it, but am open to a further review... wrinkle tests, how breathable it is, texture, how it feels on skin, etc..

Thanks man! Awesome pictures.

Turner

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on that blue gingham there? The double-faced(ish) fabric? I'm hesitant to order it, but am open to a further review... wrinkle tests, how breathable it is, texture, how it feels on skin, etc..

Thanks man! Awesome pictures.

I like the texture and the characteristics of the Gingham. I has a rumpeld and slubby look like linen, but doesn't wrinkle very much. The creases aren't sharp but rather soft and rounded, if that does make sense. Feels good to the skin and is probably quite breathable. It is probably a good isulator (think of mineral wool), which sounds conterproductive, but might help staying cool when wearing in direct sunlight and it's airyness prevents overheating.

I think the unique advantage as a summer fabric might be it's moisture wicking capability. The fabric is rather voluminous because of the two layers, so I imagine it's capable of absorbing relative large amounts of moisture and therefore wearing very dry in hot and humid days. Probably it doesn't show moisture stains as much as single layer fabrics.

The biggest disadvantage might be the durability. The layers feel quite delicate, I think both are high twisted yarns so it might be comparable to Voile in this aspect. I have no experience with Voile, but I think it is not very robust to mechanical stress. The stiching of the two layers is also quite delicate and the distance between two stitches seems rather big. I don't know what will happen if the layers separate after some time of wear. Maybe it will become a pain to iron (which is probably not intended), maybe it will drape even better, I don't know. The fabric seems to distort quite easily, which makes it even more casual.

Is it stiff, thick or comfortable against the skin? I really like the colour of the fabric.

Not stiff or thick, but dense and crisp. Relativly heavy, definitly not a summer fabric. It seems like it has some sheen, but it will probably disappear after a few washes. All in feels about the same as the Navy Denim Chambray, but is a bit less slubby and lighter in color (more "blue").

Left: Navy Denim Chambray Right: Casual Denim Shirt

Clockwise starting top left: Denim Shirt, Indigo Chambray Light and Airy, Blue Denim Slubby Chambray

I would really like to get the two made into shirts, but so little space in the closet and so much nice fabrics. There are a few before those two, like the Blue Chambray Linen, Cotton Linen Blue Chambray, Blue Denim Slubby Chambray, Navy White Gingham Classic Oxford and Dark Green Gigham Oxford

Last edited:

Iipe

Reaction score
Does Luxire account for the shrinkage of the fabrics by default?

Or should I add a requirement to add extra length to the dimensions based on the used fabric so that the shirts would have the given measurements after 2-3 washes? I have some lower quality MTM shirts and sometimes some fabrics shrink unxpectedly.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Luxire account for the shrinkage of the fabrics by default?

Or should I add a requirement to add extra length to the dimensions based on the used fabric so that the shirts would have the given measurements after 2-3 washes? I have some lower quality MTM shirts and sometimes some fabrics shrink unxpectedly.

I believe the fabrics are prewashed to prevent this although some members have mentioned some shrinkage, I haven't noticed any with mine so far.

Yes from Luxires website

Quote: http://luxire.com/pages/quality-and-satisfaction

Macs

Reaction score
I have just received my pants from Luxire. They should have been here yesterday but they were kept on hold at the custom for an inspection

I do not have the chance to try them on right now so I have to wait until tonigth when back home. Anyway I am definitely pleased with the quality of the fabric and the pant's construction and details. All of my requests have been taken care of. Can't wait to try them on!

The swatches that I requested were included in the package

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads