• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Well HC, maybe you can help me out a bit. I didn't want to make you guys stare at my arse, but please take a look at the pics and let me know what you think. I appreciate your feedback for future orders. I was thinking Half hip +0.5 inches, backrise +0.25 inches and shorten inseam by 0.25 inches.

Personally, I think the hips look fine, why do you want to increase them? There is not pocket flare as far as I can tell. I agree with increasing back-rise. Regarding the inseam, it's hard to say. It depends how much of a break (if any at all) you want. You can try folding the bottom to the desired length, and measure how much you folded, and voilà, you know how much you need to decrease inseam. Consider also decreasing the pant-length if inseam is decreased significantly.

By the way, is it just me or do all Luxire's trousers have a "hammerhead shark" look to the back pockets? They seem to place them quite a bit further apart than I'm used to.

Last edited:

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Usually it's due to the back rise being too long. Shortening it, naturally puls up the back of the trousers and cleans it up somewhat. Doing it online you need to experiment though and do a little at a time.

Did you maybe mean that the back rise isn't long enough? I've seen multiple pants, including mine, where it looks like the butt is eating the pants. It seems to me that there isn't enough space in the seat and that reducing the back rise would just make that space less and make the situation worse.

I also agree that the back pockets on that recent pants are spaced too far apart. Should be closer to the back centre seam.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I did was I increased the rise and lowered the rear waistband, which 'shifted' the rear rise, so to speak, to pull the back of the pants up. Kind of hard to explain. Maybe you could do that to clear up the back. But I think those are pretty good. Take them over to the tailor feedback thread for more info.

Plus one on the rear pockets. I always thought they kind of looked like sad eyes, and wasn't sure why. Now that you mention that, I feel justified!

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you maybe mean that the back rise isn't long enough? I've seen multiple pants, including mine, where it looks like the butt is eating the pants. It seems to me that there isn't enough space in the seat and that reducing the back rise would just make that space less and make the situation worse.

I also agree that the back pockets on that recent pants are spaced too far apart. Should be closer to the back centre seam.

This has been a problem with all of my Luxire pants, all of my attempts to remedy it has not solved it. I think it might be because the pants are cut like /\ instead I I.

Last edited:

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think the hips look fine, why do you want to increase them? There is not pocket flare as far as I can tell. I agree with increasing back-rise. Regarding the inseam, it's hard to say. It depends how much of a break (if any at all) you want. You can try folding the bottom to the desired length, and measure how much you folded, and voilà, you know how much you need to decrease inseam. Consider also decreasing the pant-length if inseam is decreased significantly.

By the way, is it just me or do all Luxire's trousers have a "hammerhead shark" look to the back pockets? They seem to place them quite a bit further apart than I'm used to.

I appreciate the feedback Mac. I am thinking of just a tad bit of room in the half-hips assuming that will add a little material to my arse area and leave the front looking relatively the same. I believe me standing perfectly still, the fit looks pretty good, but once I move in the slightest, it starts to pull and look pretty tight. Similar to having a shirt fit pic look good while standing still, but as soon as you sit down, it looks tight around the waist.

DarkDestiny

Reaction score
@CBFN: Have you tried increasing the back rise from the bottom (vs from the waistband)?

I think the pants in question have two separate fit issues, the fork quantity being insufficient and a sway back/pelvic tilt. This is all based on my understanding of tutee's post though.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the pants in question have two separate fit issues, the fork quantity being insufficient and a sway back/pelvic tilt. This is all based on my understanding of tutee's post though.

Appreciate the comments, but you lost me. How would you communicate this with Luxire?

DarkDestiny

Reaction score
Appreciate the comments, but you lost me. How would you communicate this with Luxire?

That's the question of the century. Beatlegeuse is currently testing out a remedy for the pelvic tilt. I don't think he's received the remake yet. We'll have to see if that works.

For fork quantity, I think the words "increase the back rise from the bottom" (effectively increase fork quantity) would solve the issue. The amount needed would be better suited for a tailor. Do check it with Theresa first for her opinion.

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the question of the century. Beatlegeuse is currently testing out a remedy for the pelvic tilt. I don't think he's received the remake yet. We'll have to see if that works.

For fork quantity, I think the words "increase the back rise from the bottom" (effectively increase fork quantity) would solve the issue. The amount needed would be better suited for a tailor. Do check it with Theresa first for her opinion.

^ thanks again. I have emailed Theresa as well.
I already fixed mine with Luxire, which was what I mentioned before. I ordered some pants that made it WAY WAY worse. Then pinned them myself.

Sorry about the reverse. But original is right, then I pinned the fabric.. specifically, the waistband. It was a ton of fabric that I pulled up, giving me a strong wedgie. Then I added more fabric to the fork to remove the wedgie. Here's the after..

I've since even got a better iteration with no wedgie at all.. but I can't seem to find the time to take the picture, or ask the new girlfriend, "baby cakes - can you take a picture of ****** for the guys on the 'net?"

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Why not correct posture issues instead of having clothes made to accommodate them?
Ideally, one could. However, it takes quite a bit of time and effort to correct a bad posture, and if your profession and hobbies are done sitting down, you may never see improvement.

Last edited:

DarkDestiny

Reaction score
I also remember your case, Mrjester. Great job and helpful post on the tweaks! The main difference is that you pinned everything up yourself to get the fit. As such, the changes are ambiguous. Beatlegeuse used concrete instructions from Theresa. One is easier to mass produce and experiment with than the other.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ideally, one could. However, it takes quite a bit of time and effort to correct a bad posture, and if your profession and hobbies are done sitting down, you may never never see improvement.
Exactly. I play sports now so it's not near as bad. Going to the gym works as well, if you do it right.

I have pelvic tilt, which is made by stronger than needed hip-flexors. How do you fix that? Well, stop using them. When? You use them when you slouch. You use them when you sit. You use them when you work out your abs. Oh! Stretch them out and massage them. Ok. That works. But then I have 8hrs a day sitting. Kind of a set-back.

Then you go to the gym. Let's work out some abs! Crunch, crunch, crunch, leg-raise, leg-raise, leg-raise. Feels like my abs are super sore! Guess what, you just stopped using your abs and you're using those hip-flexors again.. giving you either a pregnant belly look, pelvic tilt, or both. More stretches. Then work the next day... 8hrs of sitting and probably slouching again.

I stretch, fixed as much as I can of my posture, don't slouch like I used to, and play sports. This has helped my look a lot and I can now wear pants from OTR that aren't a complete disaster. But, kind of like a former obese in-shape man.. the threat of it coming back is always there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads