• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Xtra

Reaction score
I was a little confused about this too, but you can enter any name, and your email address. When you do a review it'll email a confirmation email, and that's it. For example, I just reviewed this as TAG:
http://luxire.com/products/pale-blue-dress-stripes

I didn't know that, but now I know. Will be writing some reviews of denim and shirt fabrics tonight (probably). I thought, as Holdfast, that you needed to use your real name and I want to be able to use any nick to review fabrics.

If all customers left reviews, using their real name or a nick, it would be a great help, so I will try to do that shortly.

Last edited:

JW Cyrus

Reaction score
Great, thanks much. I was thinking of using Minnis Fresco, but I gather that it's fairly see-through, especially in the lighter weight. As I'm likely to have my photo taken a painful number of times, I figured I'd better get something a little less transparent.

I have a jacket in the 505, and when held up to light it shines straight through the jacket, and this is with the jacket being fully lined with viscose (similar to ermazine).

bdothunt

Reaction score
Ordered a pair of pants on November 15 (almost three weeks ago) and my order history still just says paid but unfulfilled. Is this normal? What should I be expecting as far as when the order is completed/shipped?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ordered a pair of pants on November 15 (almost three weeks ago) and my order history still just says paid but unfulfilled. Is this normal? What should I be expecting as far as when the order is completed/shipped?

My order on pants was placed on November the 2nd and is going to be delivered tomorrow. I think they are on time.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Placed an order on the 24th of November. No other follow up just that the money came out of my paypal account. Would be nice to have a status update.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ordered my first pair of pants - decided to go with one of the cheapest fabrics for starters, the dark khaki twill chino. Probably won't be able to get the most wear out of it in the winter, but maybe I will, we'll see.

Hoping it comes out great, and can use the measurements to get maybe a moleskin for casual winter, or a nice wool for work winter.

I didn't get any fancy details, just asked that the right pocket have a little coin pocket in it, similar to my Howard Yount trousers.

joewmoss

Reaction score
Shirt Jacket in 14 Oz Selvedge Denim: Body lined with Cotton flannel, sleeve with Bemberg

should I expect the same degree of shrinkage on this as has been noted on the custom jeans? Granted, I would likely have this dry cleaned only unless something happens in which case, cold water wash and hang dry only. I would think that would keep the shrinkkage to a minimum.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just came in..

Easy-to-Iron Blue Chambray

Classic Blue Oxford

IMG_1186.JPG

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that easy iron chambray as reflective as it looks in the picture? Can you snap a picture outside?

Finally placed another order for some basics. Yay.

Turner

Reaction score
The Easy-to-iron Chambray is reflective, which isn't so obvious when looking at the swatch, but quite noticeable in a shirt. Washing it several times might help, but I sent it back for a remake/recut after the first wear.

The texture is good, but it's shininess and the slight itchiness(think of other easy-to-iron shirts) are a pitty. Unfortunately the other chambrays are all at the dark side.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good looking shirts kulata.
Did you specify a greater diameter than usual used by Luxire for the edge of your cuffs?
Also, on the right shirt, is that the Luxire standard medium spread collar made as a button down?

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well pretty happy with how the dual sized linen shirt turned out (sized it for wearing untucked or tucked) but I just went with a semi spread collar, feels slightly formal when wearing untucked. Thinking maybe the nobyII collar for next one?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads