• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

joewmoss

Reaction score
Yeah, the logo placement doesn't appear to be obnoxious at all. The ones with cross hatch / grid pattern are interesting...never seen that before and it would set itself apart from more expensive name brand leather wallets.

Turner

Reaction score
Just came across the image below in the LondonLounge forum. In the good old days, the shirt body and the sleeves were made separately. Then they were attached together, keeping the fit in mind. Now a days, sleeve seams and body seams are stitched in one go.
The video below shows how about 99.99999% modern shirts are made.

Luxire Custom shirts are made the traditional way. As in the images of the blue shirt, the sleeve seam and body seam are not aligned. The reason is that they are made separate and then attached together.
The biggest advantage of this is that it does not pull out the tucked shirt when the arm is raised. It also eliminates the diagonal creases at the top of the sleeve, which is omnipresent in almost all shirts we see.
It takes hours to make the seams in this manner, while the modern way takes less than a minute. No wonder this technique is used in less than 1 in a million shirts!

The body seam and sleeve seam end up at separate points under the arm. Also look at the detailed finishing, standard on all Luxire Custom Shirts.

Clean finish.

An under-construction shirt, with one sleeve attached and another ready for attachment....and the video of its attachment
Did you stop using this technique, because both shirts which arrived this week, have just a single seam all the way from the cuff to the bottom?

Picture of the armpit:

Last edited:

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Did you stop using this technique, because both shirts which arrived this week, have just a single seam all the way from the cuff to the bottom?

Picture of the armpit:

The technique remains the same. The goal is not to have the seams be biased, the goal is to attach them after making them in separate processes.
It is only a co-incidence that they align.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our leather wallets are made by the same company that makes for "an iconic British brand" that retails for a few hundred $$$.

Wallets thus cannot be custom made currently. We are working on a tie-up to move some of the production in-house to allow us to offer custom made leather accessories sometime next year.

The beauty will be in our leather jackets. They will be custom made by the maker who makes for the "1978 founded Italian fashion house" and Iconic British I mention above among many other $$$$ brands. The first one is in production and we should see images next week.

Combination of our and their abilities and their access to some of the finest leathers in the world, we should see some great leather creations over the next few months.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
when can we expect the re-stock of the Oxford Blue University stripe? Thanks

We do have a couple of styles that are close. Will be adding them to the site tomorrow. Will update.

The Blue University stripes Oxford should be available next month. Awaiting deliveries.

In the interim, this can be an option that can be considered.

louloufafa

Reaction score

Got my copper chino weeks ago. But I'm not sure if they used the right fabric because the color looks much lighter than this:

Xtra

Reaction score
The beauty will be in our leather jackets. They will be custom made by the maker who makes for the "1978 founded Italian fashion house" and Iconic British I mention above among many other $$$$ brands. The first one is in production and we should see images next week.

Combination of our and their abilities and their access to some of the finest leathers in the world, we should see some great leather creations over the next few months.

Excellent, leather jackets are indeed interesting, especially now that Temple of Jawnz is shutting down. Would be especially interesting if you could do some of the same kind of styling as ToJ did.

Examples here - http://toj-gallery.com/main.php (I don't mean to copy their design, but to do something similar in styling would indeed be nice)

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We do have a couple of styles that are close. Will be adding them to the site tomorrow. Will update. The Blue University stripes Oxford should be available next month. Awaiting deliveries. In the interim, this can be an option that can be considered.
Curious how that will turn out. Do you have production pics? :)

woecki

Reaction score

Picture of the armpit:

The technique remains the same. The goal is not to have the seams be biased, the goal is to attach them after making them in separate processes.
It is only a co-incidence that they align.

Turner's post made me take a very close look at my last two shirts, because I saw that the seams are aligned but I was thinking of a co-incidence. But looking closely at the seams it is obvious that the side-seam is the last one that was done, running over all the other seams. At least in my shirts the sleeves were obviously attached first.
They are still very well made and I like them very much, don't get my wrong on that. I definitely will order more shirts soon.
Maybe you hired a new tailor who doesn't know he/she is supposed to attach the sleeves in the traditional way? I can try to take a photo of the inside of the shirt, but the texture of the blue oxford or the flannel and the fine stitching make it quite hard to see. Since all I have is my phone, I doubt one would see the stitching on the photos.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Turner's post made me take a very close look at my last two shirts, because I saw that the seams are aligned but I was thinking of a co-incidence. But looking closely at the seams it is obvious that the side-seam is the last one that was done, running over all the other seams. At least in my shirts the sleeves were obviously attached first.
They are still very well made and I like them very much, don't get my wrong on that. I definitely will order more shirts soon.
Maybe you hired a new tailor who doesn't know he/she is supposed to attach the sleeves in the traditional way? I can try to take a photo of the inside of the shirt, but the texture of the blue oxford or the flannel and the fine stitching make it quite hard to see. Since all I have is my phone, I doubt one would see the stitching on the photos.

All tailors make the shirt as per our standard. But, the issue is worth investigating. Please send us an email with your order number: Mail at Luxire dot com. Will see if anything was done differently and if so that could be the reason.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Excellent, leather jackets are indeed interesting, especially now that Temple of Jawnz is shutting down. Would be especially interesting if you could do some of the same kind of styling as ToJ did.

Examples here - http://toj-gallery.com/main.php (I don't mean to copy their design, but to do something similar in styling would indeed be nice)

Interesting indeed. Will need to speed up the search for a good maker of ribbed knits. Can be put to good use for a lot of mild winter clothing.

Skyhigh

Reaction score
Will Luxire do alterations? I have a couple of Cucinelli flannel pants that are one size to big and need to slim them down a bit.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think this is the first time Luxire has said something can't be done...

That makes it 2 for the day!

Will Luxire do alterations? I have a couple of Cucinelli flannel pants that are one size to big and need to slim them down a bit.

Such a service is sadly not available. We appreciate your faith in our abilities.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics