• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my second set of Luxire shirts today and thought I'd upload a few images.

In terms of a quick review
- Once again the fit is spot on. All the minor alterations I requested from last time seem to have come through.
-The little things/special requests, for example the left cuff being larger to accommodate a watch, and the monogram on the popover being placed out of sight, are done perfectly.
- The fit of the popover is almost perfect, despite me deviating from my standard measurements for the other shirts.
- Not being versed in shirt construction, all I'll say is that I really like them and they fit me exactly how I'd like them to.
- The fabrics are really nice. This was my "summer" order so I went for things that I thought would be lightweight, or summery i.e. the popover.
- Despite me changing my mind several times through the process of this order, even at the last minute each change was noted and acted on.
- They sent me replacement cuffs for the last batch of shirts on which the cuffs were a bit too tight - amazing service. They also sent me the swatches I requested - generous squares too.
- The roll on the popover collar is near perfect - I sent them the measurements from an Epaulet collar I had.

I went with a three button cuff just for kicks:

The few negatives (note that I have not taken this feedback to Luxire yet - and every time I have had a problem they have offered to fix it - I'm sure it'll be the same with these).

- They missed my request for a back of collar button on the pop-over
- The pocket on the pop over is, in my opinion, too big in relation to the rest of the shirt. I'll probably get it recut or ask Luxire to send me a new one. This is just a personal preference thing, though. I didn't give them actual pocket measurements. I am sure that if I had actually specified pocket measurements they would have made it exactly to my specifications.
- Somehow my order for monogramming on the two dress shirts was missed - it was meant to be navy, Fishtail font. For the popover, the colour is right, but the font wrong. For the dress shirts the monogram is in their Script font and in the colour.... rainbow. It's very odd. I would imagine rainbow stitching would be far more difficult to achieve? Anyway I don't really care in the slightest since I'm the only one who will ever see these. But it is certainly... unique! Very 80s. Maybe Luxire can make this their trademark...

And finally a few fit pics, these are taken with no collar stays in (unfused collar) - I kinda like the look it gives.

These shirts are still unironed - creasing/rolls are likely due to me holding the iPad while trying to take a photo :)

Anyway, I am off to place an order for some linens...

Last edited:

Zarium

Reaction score
Nice! I'm envious you managed to receive your shirts today. Mine haven't arrived, and the FedEx tracking seems to be bugging out. Estimated delivery was today, but it's 6pm now and there haven't been any updates since Saturday's "Shipment information sent to FedEx".

prozach1576

Reaction score
I'm due to get my latest order on Wednesday, which will be eleven days from my order date. They definitely seem to be getting back on track.

Personally I think the five day promise is unnecessarily ambitious considering that very few custom shirtmakers will even hit a two week delivery window. Eleven days stills feels quite speedy in the grand scheme of things.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
lachyzee: formaldehyde is widely used in non-iron shirtings.
NYT has this to say:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/11/your-money/11wrinkle.html?_r=0
One study concerning these kinds of fabrics:
http://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/200006/000020000600A0121887.php

formaldehyde is often used in wrinkle-free clothing. All Luxire fabrics are 100% formaldehyde free and free on any other harmful treatment.

Somehow my order for monogramming on the two dress shirts was missed - it was meant to be navy, Fishtail font. For the popover, the colour is right, but the font wrong. For the dress shirts the monogram is in their Script font and in the colour.... rainbow. It's very odd. I would imagine rainbow stitching would be far more difficult to achieve? Anyway I don't really care in the slightest since I'm the only one who will ever see these. But it is certainly... unique! Very 80s. Maybe Luxire can make this their trademark...

Thank you for the review Lachyzee

I guess we can have a little laugh about the reason of the rainbow monogram.

The instruction to the operator was: Color: RED (white with blue grid), NAVY (Blue micro herringbone)
He chose to use all three colors to create it and sent us a big bill for the same :)

We are always glad to make good, alter, remake any mistakes, be it in the making or in the ordering.

Last edited:

atoms

Reaction score
My shirt came in today. I'm very impressed with the fabric as well as the workmanship. The fit is going to take at least another round, but I never assumed it would be perfect. I just wanted to followup in this thread and give some quick praise. When we can dial it in, It'll be lovely.

Last edited:

catpower

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your feedback about your orders, especially Lachyzee - helps newbies like me know what to expect.

Can't believe you went for a popover Lachyzee - so fashion forward! Might give it a try myself for summer :) Really dig the shape of the collar on your checked shirt - what specifications did you give for that? Any idea how it compare to the semi-spread and English spread options on the site? I ordered one of each for my first one (which hopefully is on it's way).

How long have you guys found it's taken from being notified of shipment to actually receiving the order at your door?

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
luxire, you really should stress this this info on your website, it could improve sales. It's great to notice you take fabrics and treatments seriously.

Absolutely agree VR.
We have a lot of technical limitations with the website and thus unable to put in a lot of visible information.

Commissioned new websites thrice only to be abandoned at the end because of less than satisfactory work. Again on the block looking for a good development team.

We do undertake a lot of tests before choosing to carry a particular fabric. Being a small team, the simple criteria is what each one of us would be willing to wear or let our kids wear. It eases decision making.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How long have you guys found it's taken from being notified of shipment to actually receiving the order at your door?
Earlier, the shipping label would be made when the shirt would be ready to ship.

Now, due to a change in process, they are made when the shirt goes into finishing. Thus, shipment is usually one day delayed, unless a defect was found which sends the shirt back to the tailoring team.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And finally a few fit pics, these are taken with no collar stays in (unfused collar) - I kinda like the look it gives.

These shirts are still unironed - creasing/rolls are likely due to me holding the iPad while trying to take a photo
smile.gif

Can't help but say, looks really good :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads